Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Anyone up for a email game?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  23:24:42  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess - I just think it might totally unbalance the game. I mean, Half-Dragon, Half-Solar - that is one mighty character that can tear down evil domains!!! My poor little Ranger will never make the epic ballads!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  00:19:43  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then I'll leave it up to you all to decide. :) I know how'd I keep it from leveling to much but er. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  00:30:15  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I feel like Kajehase - I think that its much better to have a group of normal humanoids to go on - makes it more or less balanced.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  04:16:43  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One question I have is how are the templates applied? Is it a gold dragon with the half-celestial template, or a solar with the half-dragon template? Either way that could end up being an epic character, when we are 1st level.

Maybe if you went with one or the other template, but not both, Khaa?

EDIT: Okay, I just looked up those templates, and if they are both applied to a human then there is a +7 LA.
*Guesses she needs to post earlier in the day, when her brain actually works*

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?

Edited by - Kes_Alanadel on 16 Nov 2005 04:26:24
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  05:41:47  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

*Guesses she needs to post earlier in the day, when her brain actually works*

Ah...but one's replies usually gets much funnier for others to read if one post them with only half the brain functioning

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  13:05:55  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew ya'll wouldn't like that idea. But, the game hasn't started, so I decided I should get all my stupid suggestions out before it really matters. But really, Im fine with the elf if you all want. I was just being funny.

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  14:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something else, next week is my Thanksgiving break. No internet access, so ill be gone a week

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  14:10:25  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Khaa

I knew ya'll wouldn't like that idea. But, the game hasn't started, so I decided I should get all my stupid suggestions out before it really matters. But really, Im fine with the elf if you all want. I was just being funny.

How about a dwarven cleric? Or a red hair gnome rogue?

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  14:26:32  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah, but the game has started, I have 137 messages to prove it (not counting the OOC's that I have deleted),lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase
Ah...but one's replies usually gets much funnier for others to read if one post them with only half the brain functioning

And all I have to say to that at this ungodly, just woke up hour is

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  14:40:55  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ungodly hours are never good for one to get up at! Damn work schedules!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  17:09:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Something else, next week is my Thanksgiving break. No internet access, so ill be gone a week

Ah yeah, we started last week. :)

Maybe you should wait till you got time then because a week of emails is going to make you so far behind, that you might be lost.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  12:58:21  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, sure. Just remember me next time. Ever thought of running the game on the forum? If anyone has ever visited Thistledown hall, they ran a game actually on the forum. I always thought that was easier. They must of brought the hall down though, I cannot get on anymore.

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  14:12:34  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Ah yeah, we started last week. :)

Maybe you should wait till you got time then because a week of emails is going to make you so far behind, that you might be lost.

*nods* I was lost after just missing one day of many emails.

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  14:38:18  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'll say that for one thing - miss a day - lots of emails to be going through - but that's not a bad thing, per se.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  17:01:58  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yea, sure. Just remember me next time. Ever thought of running the game on the forum? If anyone has ever visited Thistledown hall, they ran a game actually on the forum. I always thought that was easier. They must of brought the hall down though, I cannot get on anymore.

I don't like play by posts games and I prefer emails cause that way I can make a log of where everyone's posts fit in. :)

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  17:02:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kes and Cren,

I hope that my nightly log helps clear up where everyone's emails fit together. :)

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  17:45:46  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I have no complaints of how everything fits together. Plus, I am off scouting as it is anyway.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  18:24:08  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if it's too late to join this game? I've never done an email game before but I think it would be very interesting and I have a certain LN Human Mage in mind for the campaign ;)

If not that's okay...did you want me to send you a character anyway? >_< I really don't mind.

Anyway, I'm off to my acting class.

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  20:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Kes and Cren,

I hope that my nightly log helps clear up where everyone's emails fit together. :)

It does help quite a bit. Just with me missing most of Sunday, things got put where I wasn't planning them to is all

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  22:27:37  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazrim_Taim

I was wondering if it's too late to join this game? I've never done an email game before but I think it would be very interesting and I have a certain LN Human Mage in mind for the campaign ;)

If not that's okay...did you want me to send you a character anyway? >_< I really don't mind.

Anyway, I'm off to my acting class.

Send me the char and I'll look it over. :)

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  23:00:00  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woohoo! More Arcane might!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Mazrim_Taim
Learned Scribe

341 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  05:35:45  Show Profile  Visit Mazrim_Taim's Homepage Send Mazrim_Taim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gah, I was supposed to do it tonight, but I am getting all dressed up and going to the Harry Potter midnight showing (yup, i'm on of "those" people )

I'll get right on it tomorrow

And if the PCs DO win their ways through all the liches to Larloch, “he” will almost certainly be just another lich (loaded with explosive spells) set up as a decoy, with dozens of hidden liches waiting to pounce on any surviving PCs who ‘celebrate’ after they take Larloch down. As the REAL Larloch watches (magical scrying) from afar. Myself, as DM, I’d be wondering: “Such a glorious game, so many opportunities laid out before your PCs to devote your time to, and THIS fixation is the best you can come up with? Are you SURE you’re adventurers?” -Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  14:28:57  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right on, we're about to storm Castle Greyskull, so we'll need all the help we can get!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  16:04:28  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Right on, we're about to storm Castle Greyskull, so we'll need all the help we can get!

C-Fb

And keep in mind - in this game it's defended by Illithids and a really ancient red dragon

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  17:30:46  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And don't forget the Tarrasque, Bard....

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  18:22:51  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HAven't you heard, the Tarrasque flees in a panicked rampaged every time it hears someone play the flute, so it won't be a problem. At least not for us party-members

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  23:04:11  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Btw, did my mail about Ragnar exiting the inn get through? I really need to start saving messages I've sent.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  23:53:01  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the gold elf and I will be back to the civilized portion of Phlan very soon.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2005 :  00:04:29  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Btw, did my mail about Ragnar exiting the inn get through? I really need to start saving messages I've sent.

I believe it did and I added it in last night.... I haven't sent out the email to you three yet though for today. :)

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2005 :  06:07:05  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nevermind, it was my memory that acted up, I've actually received two mails from the others since then...That'll teach me to make posts whilst only half awake.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000