Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Anyone up for a email game?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  06:23:57  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good good :) *plays an inspiring solo on his flute*

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 07 Nov 2005 06:26:57
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  15:22:17  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh jeez! Crazy bard!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  16:01:17  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right, Now I know who gets the bad adjectives before his name in my epic poem.

And I'm not crazy, I'm excentric.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2005 :  13:53:23  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any way i could still join? Im proposing a elven thief, eh?

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2005 :  14:46:10  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Right, Now I know who gets the bad adjectives before his name in my epic poem.

And I'm not crazy, I'm excentric.

Bah! Just remember who'll be protecting the majority of you in combat! Your job is just to woo the ladies!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2005 :  15:57:57  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...guess I can live with that

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2005 :  17:19:10  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Khaa

Any way i could still join? Im proposing a elven thief, eh?

I can add your char to round out the five of them but after your added, that's it. :) Six is going to be large enough.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2005 :  18:04:23  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great, a bard and a thief - least he's an elf! :)

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2005 :  21:09:07  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  17:18:47  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A matter of pretty much no importance to the game so far at least: are you using the 2nd or 3rd edition map of Faerūn?

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  17:27:31  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

A matter of pretty much no importance to the game so far at least: are you using the 2nd or 3rd edition map of Faerūn?

:) 2e's of course.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  19:00:07  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was there really that much of a difference? I know the art quality was higher in 3E. But I am down with the 2E map - let me dig it out of my back bookshelf.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  19:04:51  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there's more land on the 2ed, and some places (Erlkazar for instance) had their positions shifted slightly.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  19:23:55  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And one could use the FR Interactive Atlas with 2e...
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  19:27:19  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, there's more land on the 2ed, and some places (Erlkazar for instance) had their positions shifted slightly.

Exactly. :) Plus some of the places PC's created would have to be moved in the new map changes also, so I stick with the 2e maps. Also, because I like the continent having more open land.

And using the Atlus and the IA also helps. :)

Edited by - Kuje on 10 Nov 2005 19:28:26
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2005 :  20:09:01  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True - I like the newer one only because it is much more attractive to the eye - but the 2E one does allow for much more creativity.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2005 :  21:37:17  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the old maps, myself.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2005 :  22:01:07  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, don't get me wrong - I love both maps - but for different reasons. As they say - 2e allows for a lot more freedom of creativity, which is always good. The 3e maps are just a product of enhanced technology - aka better art programs that make the maps seem to shine. Now only if they would give us fold-out maps in all our sourcebooks!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2005 :  22:03:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Oh, don't get me wrong - I love both maps - but for different reasons. As they say - 2e allows for a lot more freedom of creativity, which is always good. The 3e maps are just a product of enhanced technology - aka better art programs that make the maps seem to shine. Now only if they would give us fold-out maps in all our sourcebooks!

C-Fb

You're right about 3E maps being more refined, but the "pared-down" quality they have makes me like them less. Also, some of the older maps have more detail--small towns that the 3E map doesn't show.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  13:23:50  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like 2e's map.

(where do i send a char to. What level? It may take me a bit to get it in, too. A week or so.

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  14:11:52  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The rules are on the front page of this thread, and you send it to Kuje :)

Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  14:20:59  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay,

Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  14:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now reading through i noticed something. If i might ask, if anyone here visits the inn. Ive a half solar half gold dragon. They are powerful especially at low levels. I know its probably a no, but I still had to ask.

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  14:38:39  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A what??? We are all 1st level, normal, ECL +0 characters. I think your character might be a bit too powerful.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  14:48:54  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kinda what I was thinking as well Crenn...but I think Kuje has the final decision, since he is running it :)

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  14:52:22  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True - just thought I would explain my opinion on it, as GMs are supposed to be somewhat concerned about their players.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  15:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*nods* You just got here first is all...I was going to say about the same thing as you did :)

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  15:05:30  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet - Khaa, I thought you were going to play an Elven thief?

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  17:19:26  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Now reading through i noticed something. If i might ask, if anyone here visits the inn. Ive a half solar half gold dragon. They are powerful especially at low levels. I know its probably a no, but I still had to ask.

Thought you were going with elven thief also.... :) However, if you want to go with the half/half then I need to know your ECL and you'll just take longer to gain levels to balance out the other PC's who will level faster then you will.

Kuje@rochester.rr.com or kuje589@gmail.com

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  20:30:49  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

A what???

Pretty much how I felt too, along with a knee-jerk reaction of "Hmmeh" (brought on by spending 3 months on a NWN-server that was riddled with various half-dragons, half-fiends, and half-celestials). I'm sorry, but one of the thing I kinda like so far about this PbEM is that all the characters are of the Standard varieties from the Player's Handbook. With that said, if it's okay with the rest of the group it's fine by me as well - some knee-jerk reactions can be ignored when you realise they can make you act like a, well, jerk - you should play a character you enjoy, after all.

Edit: Two attempts to spell reactions... sweet Deneir

Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 15 Nov 2005 20:37:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000