Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Anyone up for a email game?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2006 :  04:57:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two of my players fell through, since life for them got busy.

So, I'm looking for at least one person, with the max being three, who is interested in joining the email game. We are still on day two and the three remaining PC's are still in Phlan.

The log of the first day can be found here:

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5510

I haven't added day two yet, because we haven't finished day two. :)

The PC's decided that the characters would be anything that is below ECL +1, so basically anything from the PHB or FR or other sources that does not have a ECL.

Any questions, send me a PM or a email through candlekeep's mail system.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 21 Jan 2006 04:58:30
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  06:04:56  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for hijacking your thread Kuje, but what happened to the Sage's PBEM? I was gone from these boards for about a year, and haven't heard about it since...
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  06:32:16  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Sorry for hijacking your thread Kuje, but what happened to the Sage's PBEM? I was gone from these boards for about a year, and haven't heard about it since...

Uh? I dunno? Ask him?

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  07:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

IIRC, it was cancelled due to lack of time on his part.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  15:07:04  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Two of my players fell through, since life for them got busy.

So, I'm looking for at least one person, with the max being three, who is interested in joining the email game. We are still on day two and the three remaining PC's are still in Phlan.

The log of the first day can be found here:

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5510

I haven't added day two yet, because we haven't finished day two. :)

The PC's decided that the characters would be anything that is below ECL +1, so basically anything from the PHB or FR or other sources that does not have a ECL.

Any questions, send me a PM or a email through candlekeep's mail system.

Always room for one more.

(insert Jello joke here)

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  16:42:55  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Always room for one more.

(insert Jello joke here)

Grin. :)

But seriously..... anyone interested? :)

Go to Top of Page

CalibarHaligon
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2006 :  01:25:45  Show Profile  Visit CalibarHaligon's Homepage Send CalibarHaligon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would definitely be interested...although I seem to have the opposite problem that many of the other players have as I am more familiar with 2E. If you still are looking for players though I would love to play.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  17:09:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CalibarHaligon

I would definitely be interested...although I seem to have the opposite problem that many of the other players have as I am more familiar with 2E. If you still are looking for players though I would love to play.

I can add one more, sure. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  17:34:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Uh? I dunno? Ask him?

I missed this before... Sorry PDK.

Initially, my PBEM fell through partly due to, as Arivia said, lack of time on my part, but also because the Bookwyrm was getting ready for college and thus, the work he and I were doing on Jack Archer decreased as well. However, a few months after that... I started it up again, but it had became more of a PLANESCAPE PBEM, than anything based in the Realms. If you recall, my initial workings here for the PBEM called for a planar-heavy adventure... and with the change, I decided it really wasn't relevant for Candlekeep anymore.

It's finished now anyway... and the entire log of the 12-part adventure can be found over at planewalker.com.

-- Now, back to Kuje's scroll... .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

CalibarHaligon
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  18:08:05  Show Profile  Visit CalibarHaligon's Homepage Send CalibarHaligon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje,
So, I guess I am (for lack of a better word) a "newbie" as far as how this gets set up, would you like me to email you first with a character concept? Thanks for the help and for the invitation to the game.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  19:39:21  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Kuje,
So, I guess I am (for lack of a better word) a "newbie" as far as how this gets set up, would you like me to email you first with a character concept? Thanks for the help and for the invitation to the game.

Yup, yup. :) As I said, the only rule and it wasn't mine but the players rule, was that the char be a PHB or FRCS race. No strange chars basically. :)

Um, my house rules for char creation are on page 1 of this thread.

Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2006 :  21:22:00  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Kuje,

Yup, yup. :) As I said, the only rule and it wasn't mine but the players rule, was that the char be a PHB or FRCS race. No strange chars basically. :)

Um, my house rules for char creation are on page 1 of this thread.

Yes, no half were/dragon/vamp things please. The rest of us are normal races (although no where near normal)
~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2006 :  12:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Yes, no half were/dragon/vamp things please. The rest of us are normal races (although no where near normal)
~Kes

Yeah, don´t pay attention to the halfling behind the curtain...
We´re all inoffensive.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2006 :  07:43:21  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

We´re all inoffensive.

Drat! I haven't been trying hard enough!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2006 :  17:31:42  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

We´re all inoffensive.

Drat! I haven't been trying hard enough!

Get to work you lazy bard!

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2006 :  18:14:48  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Work? But-but I'm a Bard! I'll get XP-deductions or something...

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Raaf
Acolyte

Netherlands
1 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2006 :  22:07:22  Show Profile  Visit Raaf's Homepage Send Raaf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Im the newest player to this emailgame, and i just sent my first mail around. Im new to dnd through mail, and im expecting it to be a lot of fun. If anyone wants more info on my char, appearance for example, drop a line to t.vanravesteijn@gmail.com. Im playing a halfling rogue, Sir William Ashford the Third.

Grt

Raaf

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2006 :  19:10:09  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whee! Another "right-side-of-the-pool"er Welcome to the team Raaf.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000