Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Anyone up for a email game?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  04:33:51  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the 2 stats can be/are interchangable for those skills? *not that it matters with her char*

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  04:39:59  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

So the 2 stats can be/are interchangable for those skills? *not that it matters with her char*

Yeah, and Com will give bonuses to those social skills depending on who you are using the skills on. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  04:45:48  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Yeah, and Com will give bonuses to those social skills depending on who you are using the skills on. :)

Doke Okies I'll figure all this out eventually, and quit being the noob

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  04:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should have mine in tomorrow, assuming I'm still a part of the game.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  05:00:54  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I should have mine in tomorrow, assuming I'm still a part of the game.

Waiting patiently for it. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  05:01:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Doke Okies I'll figure all this out eventually, and quit being the noob

We were all noob's at one point. :) It'll all make sense after playing a bit, don't worry. :)

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  11:11:12  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kuje, if you're still after players, I'm considering it. Unfortunately I'm away over the weekend but I'll throw a few character ideas about.
What region are you planning on playing/starting in? I'm more intrigued than anything else, but if you say Waterdeep I'm definitely there because I've never yet had the chance to play in the City of Splendours.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  14:17:39  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woohoo! I think I have a higher bonus on my comeliness - that means leave all the winking and schmoozing to me, guys!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  17:32:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Kuje, if you're still after players, I'm considering it. Unfortunately I'm away over the weekend but I'll throw a few character ideas about.
What region are you planning on playing/starting in? I'm more intrigued than anything else, but if you say Waterdeep I'm definitely there because I've never yet had the chance to play in the City of Splendours.

I haven't fully nailed it down yet because I was waiting for everyone to send me backgrounds but so far three of them fit or can fit in the North. Everyone loves the North! But I tentively thought maybe the Moonsea/Dales area because it's not a area I've used a lot but I might change this. :)

Edited by - Kuje on 28 Oct 2005 17:33:55
Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  18:23:28  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Id be interested! If you got room in the wagon. I could play just about anything. I usually play tanks, but I R versatile

Die, die, die ,die, die, why won't you just die you silly dragon!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  18:31:25  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hooper101

Hey Id be interested! If you got room in the wagon. I could play just about anything. I usually play tanks, but I R versatile

Sorry, but ATM I think I'm full. I squeezed the last two in as it is... Unless I decide to split it the eight of you into two different companies in the merc company. :).... Hmmm..... Well send me a char and I'll see what I can do to fit you all in. :)

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  18:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there's enough overflow of interested people, I could try running one...
Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  19:36:08  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well if I can get in yours, I know Belthor would also be interested.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  19:55:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I don't mind if you want to switch to Arivia's. :)

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  19:58:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sure, I guess.
Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  20:11:37  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what rules do you want us to use in char creation?

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  20:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

what rules do you want us to use in char creation?

Can I get back to you on that one?

It's like 3rd down on my list of priorities, after stickying my MMs for my game in 1:40, and finishing off my lythari(although that will probably get done last, but today).

EDIT; If anyone else is interested in joining this game, email/pm me-let's not clutter up kuje's nice thread.

Edited by - Arivia on 28 Oct 2005 20:45:31
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  22:14:35  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry, but ATM I think I'm full. I squeezed the last two in as it is... Unless I decide to split it the eight of you into two different companies in the merc company. :).... Hmmm..... Well send me a char and I'll see what I can do to fit you all in. :)

A question from one of those who managed to squeeze in in time, do we get to suggest names for the mercenary company or will you give us one yourself? I'm fine with both options - just wanted to know if I should start coming up with names.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  22:32:43  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

A question from one of those who managed to squeeze in in time, do we get to suggest names for the mercenary company or will you give us one yourself? I'm fine with both options - just wanted to know if I should start coming up with names.

If you's want to come up with the name(s), then go ahead. :) I had one but if I see one that I like better, I'll change it.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  22:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

If you's want to come up with the name(s), then go ahead. :) I had one but if I see one that I like better, I'll change it.

The Company of the Thorn, just to make Dargoth all that more annoyed!

*returns to running game on IRC*

Edited by - Arivia on 28 Oct 2005 22:34:50
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2005 :  23:56:05  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about the Companions of the Silver Wyrm?

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  17:47:50  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to start the game on Monday even if I don't have the last two chars. If, and when, I get those two chars I'll add them in.

Plus, any more ideas for the name of the company? :)

BTW mine was The Red Shields since I made the leader a follower of the Red Knight.

Edited by - Kuje on 29 Oct 2005 18:52:24
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  18:06:24  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds good, Kuje, The Red Shields works... 'specially if our leader worships the RK

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  18:45:17  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Red Shields work for me as well, however, how about a compromise - The Red Thorns?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  18:51:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Red Shields work for me as well, however, how about a compromise - The Red Thorns?

Hmmm.....

I'd rather go with the Crimson Thorns instead then. :) Dunno, Red Thorns just doesn't ring right to me. :)

So I need a vote then. :)

1)The Company of the Thorn
2)The Companions of the Silver Wyrm
3)The Red Shields
4)The Red Thorns
5)The Crimson Thorns
6)Other (add the name if other)

Edited by - Kuje on 29 Oct 2005 18:54:37
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  20:41:07  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...wasn't trying to start something, just thought I had to come up with something, seeing as it was my question. I like the Red Shields, "the Companions of the Silver Wyrm" is very good, but it sounds more like the name of an adventuring company (i.e. a smaller group) than a mercenary company to me.

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  21:14:49  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about the Merc Company being the Crimson Thorns, and our unit the Companions of the Silver Wyrm.....or just the Silver Wyrm Unit??? *shrugs*

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  22:33:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

How about the Merc Company being the Crimson Thorns, and our unit the Companions of the Silver Wyrm.....or just the Silver Wyrm Unit??? *shrugs*

Then we'll leave it the Red Shields but your unit is the Silver Wyrms..... or Silver Thorns, or what ever you all decide on. I'll leave the decision for the unit for all of you to decide but I'm leaving the company the Red Shields. :)

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  22:36:34  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silver something works... I do like the Thorn angle. :)

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  22:53:03  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe, "The Unit of the Silver Thorns of the Red Shields?"

Just an idea. I'm still leaving the unit name for you all to come to an agreement on, but I'm trying to toss some ideas out there.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000