Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Need Help with City of the Spider Queen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darth_Azalin
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  17:59:50  Show Profile  Visit Darth_Azalin's Homepage Send Darth_Azalin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have this posted in a couple of fourms, hopefully I will get some feedback...

Ok our gaming group is getting done with a major epic and soon we will be needing to do something else.

City of the Spider Queen is what we will be doing.. since we are already in the underdark with (Night Below).

Questions I have about this adventure.

1. Kiaransalee killed Orcus once (Kiaransalee a god (of vengeance) at the time) and took his realm of Thanatos and his position. This being the case why is she only a Demi-god?

2. Wasn't Kiaransalee driven to the brink of barminess with paranoia? Because she fears that Tenebrous (Orcus) will inevitable coming to attack her?

3. After they destroy the temple (Undying Temple) it says the Weave disruption stops... So everything goes back to normal?

Thanks for all your help...

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  21:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Demigod doesn't mean that Kiaransalee isn't divine-it just means that she only has 1-5 divine ranks, and actually, she isn't a demigod. The CoSQ Web Enhancement provides her divine stats as a lesser deity, explaining that she's experienced a recent increase in worshipers.

You could say that, or you could say that Orcus has retaken Thanatos and that's she's now sort of on the defense.

I don't have my copy of CoSQ at hand right now, but if I remember correctly, the next few lines after that give the rate at which the Weave disruption heals.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2005 :  22:55:23  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And even if you killed Orcus, you might take his mantle as a demon lord, but not a deity anyway. She was raised to Demigod status another way - and obviously she didn't kill Orcus permanantly, else good ole H4 couldn't exist.

And I agree with Arivia, I believe there is a rate at which the Weave heals itself around. And I do like how it does take time into consdieration...

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Darth_Azalin
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  16:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Darth_Azalin's Homepage Send Darth_Azalin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well CrennenFaerieBane

In H4 Throne of Bloodstone is about taking the Wand of Orcus and getting it destroyed. But that module is actually a 1.0 edition.

In Planescape with is 2.0 she kills Orcus and forces him to take another name and form. Then he goes on a rampage killing the Leader of the Modrons and anyone he wants.

I also believe that since the Political correctness went rampant in D&D for a bit.. They changed the names from Devils and Demons to other things. (Before Warriors of Heaven and Gates of Hell) But with that said in 3.5 they brought back the devils and demons names. But they also gave them "Godlike status or powers" correct since like Asmodeus has clerics...

Arivia

Kiaransalee in Planescape is Demi-God but there is a place in CoSQ that she has a lesser deity rank.. would it be best to have her grow into that power during the adventure or before? And what about the silence of Lloth? Wouldn't she now take the advantage over Lloth now by striking?
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2005 :  21:16:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Azalin
Arivia

Kiaransalee in Planescape is Demi-God but there is a place in CoSQ that she has a lesser deity rank.. would it be best to have her grow into that power during the adventure or before? And what about the silence of Lloth? Wouldn't she now take the advantage over Lloth now by striking?

Do it before hand, I'd say. Regarding the Orcus/Kiaransalee battle-the PGtF firmly establishes that she's lost Thanatos. Regarding the last, I don't know. I have yet to read Book III of WoSQ, so I'm far behind-there might be something in there.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  14:41:08  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could set in the silence of Lolth if you wish, it would make a much easier explaination of how the Kiaransalee Drow were able to whoop up on the Lolthian ones. The silence in general didn't last that long though, a lot less length then one would think for what Lolth did (no Spoilers).

C-Fb

P.s. - Yeah, but to get the Wand of Orcus, you kind of had to take it from him in his realm.

Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  14:42:16  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darth_Azalin,

On another topic - where does it mention in Planescape about Kiaransalee and Orcus? I have all the box sets but have had little time to spend pouring over each and every one of them. Please help.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  19:40:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

You could set in the silence of Lolth if you wish, it would make a much easier explaination of how the Kiaransalee Drow were able to whoop up on the Lolthian ones. The silence in general didn't last that long though, a lot less length then one would think for what Lolth did (no Spoilers).

C-Fb

P.s. - Yeah, but to get the Wand of Orcus, you kind of had to take it from him in his realm.

CoSQ is set during the silence-it's integral to the adventure's design, actually.
Go to Top of Page

Darth_Azalin
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2005 :  03:33:08  Show Profile  Visit Darth_Azalin's Homepage Send Darth_Azalin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Darth_Azalin,

On another topic - where does it mention in Planescape about Kiaransalee and Orcus? I have all the box sets but have had little time to spend pouring over each and every one of them. Please help.

C-Fb

In the boxed set called "Dead Gods" its all about Orcus dieing (twice) and the gods he kills during his quest back to power.

pages (121-124) in the Out of Darkness book.. It has stuff all thru that book but mainly at the end.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11806 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2005 :  22:15:00  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh, this is weird, I was just noting how both Kiaransalee and Gareth Dragonsbane had killed Orcus in another thread. I know about both module series (the H series and Dead Gods), but neither definitively says what happened. Canon sources do say that Gareth and friends destroyed the wand or orcus by bathing it in the blood of Tiamat (the bloodstone lands accessory specifically). Canon sources (demi-human deities) also says that Kiaransalee hid the wand of orcus where none could ever find it. I'd like to hear the semi-official answer of what actually happened here. I would find it highly interesting if Kiaransalee aided Gareth and friends (even if she did so without the paladin knowing about it).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000