Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Carthographic interest
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2005 :  20:51:14  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am searching for a complete Faerun map, first cause it might be useful for my campaigns, and second cause I am a lover of cartography, (nobidy asked me but I wanted to say it ) where can I find a complete Faerun map with all the regions? Calimsham, Tethyr, Maztica, Kara-tur, and the most important metropoli?

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2005 :  23:01:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your best bets are likely either the map that was included in the FRCS, or the four-part map that came with some issues of Dragon (I'm sure someone else will provide the issue numbers).

Maps of cities are scattered around in various resources; they're usually in sourcebooks covering that area, if anywhere. 2nd edition stuff was better about this than 3rd edition has been. The old Forgotten Realms Adventures had a lot of city maps in it, though they weren't terribly detailed.

In print, there's also the old Forgotten Realms Altas, by the late Karen Wynn Fonstad. Those pop up on eBay quite often, and usually for a decent price.

A final resource to consider: The Forgotten Realms Interactive Altas. It's a very nifty program with all sorts of maps and such in it. Unfortunately, it's been OOP (Out of Production/Print) for a long time, and when I see it on eBay, it commands a healthy price.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 17 Jul 2005 23:03:27
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2005 :  15:56:45  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon magazine, issues 287-290 contain the giant map of Faerun.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2005 :  16:01:30  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just checked the paizo website and issues 287, 288, and 289 can be purchased for $6 each, but 290 is unavailable. I did check ebay and you could pick up issue 290 with the map for $3.59, as a matter of fact, it looks like you could get all four issues for around $2-3 each on ebay.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Edited by - Xysma on 18 Jul 2005 16:50:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000