Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Jarlaxle's past
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthor The Unforgiver
Acolyte

Turkey
15 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  06:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Anthor The Unforgiver's Homepage Send Anthor The Unforgiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
If I am right Jarlaxle was a member of the Baenre house and family.
Do you have any idea why he didn't choose to stay with the 1st house and chose his own way by creating the Bregan Daerthe?

The gods may forgive you,
BUT I WON`T

My name is Anthoriavalas, but people call me Anthor.

Edited by - Anthor The Unforgiver on 11 Jul 2005 13:34:59

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  08:42:03  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Anthor The Unforgiver

If I am right Jarlaxle was a member of the Baenre house and family.
Do you have any idea why he didn't choose to stay with the 1st house and chose his own way by creating the Bregan Daerthe?

I read somewhere that matron Baenre tried to kill him.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  08:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoiler Warning!!

Simple: If he stayed, being the 3rd-born son, he would have been sacrificed to Lolth.

Highlight the lines above to read.
Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  12:37:11  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Er...Anthor, perhaps you should change the subject line there. Not everyone has read that far and knows that Jarladxle is a Baenre. :p It's a bit of a spoiler.

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Anthor The Unforgiver
Acolyte

Turkey
15 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  13:37:09  Show Profile  Visit Anthor The Unforgiver's Homepage Send Anthor The Unforgiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay then. What can ý ask? IS there anyone who knows smth about his past.

If it is a stupid topic than Mods and admins plz delete this topic.

The gods may forgive you,
BUT I WON`T

My name is Anthoriavalas, but people call me Anthor.
Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  13:43:42  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, you can ask. Asking is a great thing. Just not spoiling it for someone who haven't had the pleasure of discovering it for themselves is the only issue.

But, (on the subject of his past) aside from the small snippits we've seen, no, not really. ALthough with the new (I think it's called) Sellswords books coming out from RAS, I'm sure that we are to see Jarlaxel's past come out and haunt him a little as the books go on.

Although maybe one of the other scribes knows more. I read the Drizz't/Jarlaxle books, but I don't scour them for details.

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  14:16:24  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
****SPOILER ALERT****

I believe Jarlaxle fell under the same heading as Drizzt did in that he was the third son, so he had to be sacrificed. No matter, he doesn't hold it against Mom. He got away and is now happier to boot.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  14:35:15  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting, don't you think, that Jarlaxle and Drizzt both served as an destabilizing influence on Menzoberranzan in their time? Bregan-Daerthe served as a foil to the houses but also a tool for them to use. With Baenre's implicit blessing, they kept the streets clean of riff-raff by taking in the rogues at the same time as being used as mercs for jobs where deniability was desired.

More spoilers...

In The Thousand Orcs, it's speculated that Drizzt was continued to roam because he had Lloth's blessing, that she WANTED him to be out and about and relished the chaos he caused. It could well be that it was the same with Jarlaxle in his time.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  16:56:36  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't Jarlaxle think to himself in Servant of the Shard that not only was he a Baenre, but that he had died and come back? I seem to remember that as a quick cryptic thought, and perhaps one of the reasons that I was far more interested in the Jarlaxle/Artimis books than Drizzt.

BTW, I know dark elves don't worry about the same things as humans do as far as this goes, but didn't Jarlaxle deflower Liriel . . . wouldn't she be his neice?

EW!
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  21:37:51  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jarlaxle is Baenre. Or once was. It was in one book. I don't remember it's name but i'm sure of that. And yes i have heard that rumor that Baenre tried to kill her. In Servant of the Shard he replies to barkeepers comment(, Go to Nine Hells!)''Why would i go back there? I have been there before.(my translation, I'm finnish)
So he have been there at least.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000