Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Supersizing claw bracers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  04:29:20  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

In the FRC Claw bracers are Tiny and do 1d4 of damge could a medium size creature still wield them if they used a Small or medium sized version of Claw Bracers?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  04:37:42  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oft hand certainly as many magical items resizes to the user. Espcially gloves and boots. Besides letting tiny being allowed to do such damage appears to be powergaming *wink*

I do not know official rulng of this magical item. Some do not resize, however one size larger appear to be able to use some tiny items. If resize is not a feature of the item, larger sized creatures could not use them effectively.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  04:59:50  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, after several failed attempts to set up a table here, I'll just take the easy way out.

Click Me! [fixed]

Edited by - Icewolf on 11 Jul 2005 19:39:20
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  05:04:39  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also beleive that the "tiny" listing was to show that they are light weapons. The claw bracers usable by medium sized creatures are medium weapons, even if they are "light" under 3.5. Its the same way the Fullblade is actually a large size weapon instead of a huge weapon as listed in the Arms and Equipment Guide.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  07:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So basicly Clerics of Malar are stuck with their Miserly 1d4 Damage Claw Bracers?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  09:02:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Icewolf

OK, after several failed attempts to set up a table here, I'll just take the easy way out.

Click Me!

Well met

Alas, this points to a local file, Icewolf. If ye forward the file over to me, i'll make it available here at Candlekeep.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  10:43:01  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

So basicly Clerics of Malar are stuck with their Miserly 1d4 Damage Claw Bracers?

Yes I would say so, just like a medium dagger is 1d4.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  19:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try it Now

Scroll down a bit, it has the info on scaling weapons.

Edit: Oh, and Alaundo, that local file was Sage & Sovelior's SRD.

Edited by - Icewolf on 11 Jul 2005 19:38:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000