Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spelljamming
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  17:16:29  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, I've come across this topic a lot in reading, but all I've been able to figure out about spelljamming is that its something Gnomes do to enchant ships to go into space. Its not described in 3E, which is what I play, but it sounds cool ...

Can anybody tell me what this Spelljamming is?

Oh yeah, I have read about the Giant Space Hamsters.

Goblins? *Slash* *Scream* *Thunk* What goblins?

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  17:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a space-spinoff of D&D. There are a whole different series of books and novels about it. I recall that Illithids, Githyankie and Githzerai are all from space, as well as the hippo-folk, the Gif.

Oh and they apparently have gunpowder and the ships are powered by magic.
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  17:27:08  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So it's basically a space version of the Manual of the Planes and Planar Handbook sort of stuff?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  17:39:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spelljammer was a setting that encompassed Dragonlance, the Realms, Greyhawk, and a host of other worlds. Using ships powered by a special form of magic, people could travel into and thru space, visiting any of those campaign worlds.

It was space travel, not planar travel. Me, I love the setting, and there are spelljamming references in Toril's past.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 01 Jul 2005 17:41:39
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  17:43:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's also still referenced in the FRCS on pages 230 and 231

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  18:09:30  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a sourcebook available that details Spelljamming using 3E rules?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  18:45:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thureen Buroch

Is there a sourcebook available that details Spelljamming using 3E rules?

No, since it's mostly a unsupported setting now.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  19:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And that is a great pity!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  19:21:03  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like spelljamming is really cool ... and that everybody whose used it loved it! Where can I find for information about it (even 2E rules)? What's the sourcebook called?

Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  19:44:47  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please allow me to be the annoying devils advocate. Thank you.

Spelljammer, much like Planescape, was a TSR moneygrabbing “setting”.

“Wow! Now you can play in Forgotten Realms AND DragonLance! Just buy ALL the spelljammer books…and ALL the DragonLance books…and ALL the FR books…and ALL the Greyhawk books…and you too can experience the wonders of space travel and have all the pc’s be super min/maxed characters that are supposed to be rare in their homeplane.”

It introduced a whole bizarre set of physics and even more bizarre races, simply in a vague attempt to give the “setting” character of its own.

Planescape was even worse; here, I’ll save you lots of money from having to purchase planescape materials:

All the worlds are connected via the outer planes through a series of portals.

The end. That’s planescape.

Okay, sarcasm off.

In truth, Spelljammer was a fun setting and very opened ended. However, much like planescape, the sheer scope of “all of outer space” was simply huge, and lacked the ability to detail well. This could be a boon if you have the time to develop lots of stuff on your own using the framework of an existing setting, though.

I had a few great trips into the phlogiston (sp?), but Spelljamming was never the real focus of any campaign I have ever been in.

And Spelljammer, much like Planescape, gave you a truly otherworldly feel, like you were really in a place where hundreds of different races merged and interacted. I do prefer a more static setting, like FR, but that taste of pure exotic flavor, where you were browsing through enchanted daggers next to a Balor who was getting pissy with the clockwork salesman of the store which existed only as a rip in the astral plane.

I also think that it should be brought back into 3.x, if for no other reason, then to maintain the lore that exists in the worlds it touched before.

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  22:39:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think HackMaster is adapting the old Spelljammer rules. I don't know how true to the original it will be, but the book -- which I believe comes out this month -- is called HackJammer. The cover art makes it look like it's trying to stick to the original, but until I see the book, I can't say -- I've not seen any real info on it.

The most essential Spelljammer supplement was the first boxed set, Adventures in Space. I'd place SJR1 Lost Ships (by Ed Greenwood) as the second essential. Third place is a toss-up between CGR1 The Complete Spacefarer's Handbook and the third boxed set, War Captain's Companion. Under no circumstances should one buy The Astromundi Cluster (the fourth and final boxed set, and in my opinion, the death of the setting) or SJR7 Krynnspace (it has horrible stuff in there, and the author clearly had no familiarity with Dragonlance).

For a complete list, check out this site:
http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/sj/sj.htm

Also, another good website is this one: http://spelljammer.org/

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 01 Jul 2005 22:41:25
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  23:02:47  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, O Great Wooly One. Is HackJammer a DnD sourcebook or is it a novel?

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  23:04:15  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What didn't you like about The Astromundi Cluster wooly? It seemed no better or worse than any other spelljamming accessory.

I highly recommend Thureen and any others interested in spelljammer check out Beyond the Moons at http://spelljammer.org/

and...<insert selfish plug> my cross-campaign timeline, A Temporal Chronology of the Primes at http://www.geonomicon.com/chronology/chronology.htm

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  23:10:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hackjammer is going to be by the people that make hackmaster so it'll be based on the 1e and 2e rules. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  23:35:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Realmslore

What didn't you like about The Astromundi Cluster wooly? It seemed no better or worse than any other spelljamming accessory.

Well, it's been years since I read it (or even touched it), so I really don't remember all of what made me hate it. I do recall that I hated the illithid plot to darken the sun (like they'd not realize they'd freeze solid?); I didn't like how only living ships could exit the sphere, I disliked the lack of detail on the cardstock sheets for the few spelljamming ships detailed... And of those, the elvish Doombat had a messed-up design: the weapon pods seriously irritated me. Those weapons could have been put anywhere on the top of the ship without ruining the look.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2005 :  23:39:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Hackjammer is going to be by the people that make hackmaster so it'll be based on the 1e and 2e rules. :)

Do you know if it's going to be D20 rules?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  00:30:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Do you know if it's going to be D20 rules?

Pokes Wooly. I said Hackmaster is based on 1e and 2e rules. :) So no it won't be d20. :)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  01:26:41  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jindael

In truth, Spelljammer was a fun setting and very opened ended. However, much like planescape, the sheer scope of “all of outer space” was simply huge, and lacked the ability to detail well.
I have to disagree with that. The sheer size and scope of the Planescape setting was part of its charm. The fact that there *is* room for everything and anything in the multiverse is what makes gaming in the planes a remarkable experience.

It is also partly why the current cosmology of the Realms lacks that same charm. It is *limited*.

quote:
This could be a boon if you have the time to develop lots of stuff on your own using the framework of an existing setting, though.
Well, that's true. However, the numerous boxed sets and supplements provided more than enough core information to properly run an adventure in the planes for years to come. Heck, I haven't even completely used all the source material out of the three main Planes of ... boxed sets. And I've been running campaigns using PS since the original boxed set was first released.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  01:33:36  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the Legend of the Spelljammer boxed set was one of my favorites, both becuase I liked the campaign possiblilities and all the new goodies that it had in it (new ships and the like).

And BTW Realmslore, thanks for the Chronomancy spells in the link above . . . I am always looking for more spells for the members of the Forbidden Enclave.
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  02:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
In truth, Spelljammer was a fun setting and very opened ended. However, much like planescape, the sheer scope of “all of outer space” was simply huge, and lacked the ability to detail well.
I have to disagree with that. The sheer size and scope of the Planescape setting was part of its charm. The fact that there *is* room for everything and anything in the multiverse is what makes gaming in the planes a remarkable experience.
It is also partly why the current cosmology of the Realms lacks that same charm. It is *limited*.

I have to disagree with you on this one, Sage. Read pg 256 of FRCS 3E, under The Shadow Plane. It says that sages theorize that portals may open from the shadow plane to other planes unknown in the cosmology of Faerun. I'd say that that pretty much shatters most limitations. Think of how weird/creepy the Shadow Plane is. Now think of how much weird/AWESOME these new planes would be!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  03:05:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
quote:

I have to disagree with you on this one, Sage. Read pg 256 of FRCS 3E, under The Shadow Plane. It says that sages theorize that portals may open from the shadow plane to other planes unknown in the cosmology of Faerun. I'd say that that pretty much shatters most limitations. Think of how weird/creepy the Shadow Plane is. Now think of how much weird/AWESOME these new planes would be!

Yeah, but the Great Tree is limited when compared to the Great Wheel.

Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  03:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:
Yeah, but the Great Tree is limited when compared to the Great Wheel.

What mean you by this? And, while I'm on the topic, does Plane Shift work in Realms cosmology?

Go to Top of Page

Songrimm
Acolyte

Germany
38 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  07:55:54  Show Profile  Visit Songrimm's Homepage Send Songrimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
me thinks there was an update for spelljammer in one of the dungeon magazine issues back then. one of the minigames or -campaigns when polyhedron magazine was shortly incorporated into dungeon. issue nr. must be in the ninties. dont have my collection here so i try to post it later when i am back from vacation in a week. iirc it got some invasion of the drow stuff as a little background.
iirc there are some downloads on the tsr/d&d boards.
i also like the spelljammer setting but as was posted before some of the stuff out there is pretty weird.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  12:01:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Songrimm

me thinks there was an update for spelljammer in one of the dungeon magazine issues back then. one of the minigames or -campaigns when polyhedron magazine was shortly incorporated into dungeon. issue nr. must be in the ninties. dont have my collection here so i try to post it later when i am back from vacation in a week. iirc it got some invasion of the drow stuff as a little background.
iirc there are some downloads on the tsr/d&d boards.
i also like the spelljammer setting but as was posted before some of the stuff out there is pretty weird.

Shadow of the Spider Moon.

See here:- http://lost.spelljammer.org/SpiderMoon/

Edited by - The Sage on 02 Jul 2005 12:02:12
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  05:18:01  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Realmslore

I highly recommend Thureen and any others interested in spelljammer check out Beyond the Moons at http://spelljammer.org/

and...<insert selfish plug> my cross-campaign timeline, A Temporal Chronology of the Primes at http://www.geonomicon.com/chronology/chronology.htm

I highly recommend your timeline, too! Compared to my adequate familiarity with the Realms, I know very little about the Dragonlance and Greyhawk settings. I have just started a campaign in which I expect spelljamming to crop up at some point (and plane-hopping definitely), so I tried to acquaint myself with Krynn. Ye gods! Single novels for that setting are as weighty as any Salvatore trilogy! They are currently in "the Age of Mortals," so I started looking through that material, but thanks to your chronology, I discovered that Krynn is only half-way through the Wars of the Lance when my campaign begins (1360 DR). The Age of Mortals is a long way in the future. That means that a spelljamming ship from contemporary Realmspace will enter Krynnspace before the thickest, heaviest novels occur.

I commend The AD&D Realmspace supplement to anyone interested in what's in the sky over the Realms, even if they don't use spelljamming in their campaigns. The astronomical information in it is very interesting and reflects common conceptions about astronomy. Stars, for instance, are portals from the crystal sphere of Realmspace to the quasi-elemental plane of Radiance. The "sun," however (which is presumably called "the Sun" in Faerun), is composed of elemental fire of such magnitude that no known magic can endure it -- it literally tears apart the Weave of magical items by its intensity. The curious thing is, this isn't "superstition" -- it's been verified by spelljamming ships. For those who are interested in the most bizarre arcana of D&D, the description of the glyphs which cover the inside of the crystal sphere of Realmspace is utterly fascinating, by itself almost worth the eBay price of the book.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  08:06:02  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What mean you by this? And, while I'm on the topic, does Plane Shift work in Realms cosmology?

Yes,Plane Shift does work in the Realms cosmolgy.

And I take issue with the esteemed space hamster's suggestion that the Great Tree is limited with respect to the Great Wheel. Different, yes, limited, no. Well, yes it has limits but is not any more limited than the Great Wheel. I am not knocking the Wheel, the Wheel has its merits! But the Tree can be very cool in its own way.
Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  12:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

First off, I hope my sarcasm was taken lightly, since it was meant to raise a smile, not hackles.

Second: My personal appeal to Planescape was Sigil. (I'm really not sure I'm spelling that right. The big lynchpin city? yea, that one) where there was the huge mix of people and things and...other things that all interacted in the same city. Actually adventuring on other (non-prime material) planes never really interested me at all. And, aside from a quick jaunt to recover stuff, still doesn't. So, before I move on, I want to make sure we are disagreeing for the right reasons.

Everying can exist in planescape, it's hugely open, but I don't like the idea of hanging out in Arvandor before your actually dead. However, I did love the idea of being able to pop through a portal to get to a new and exciting new (prime) world.

-- C.S. Lewis

Edited by - Jindael on 05 Jul 2005 12:57:26
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  13:47:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

First off, I hope my sarcasm was taken lightly, since it was meant to raise a smile, not hackles.
Okay, I've got you .

quote:
Second: My personal appeal to Planescape was Sigil. (I'm really not sure I'm spelling that right. The big lynchpin city? yea, that one)...[/i]
Yes, it's Sigil .

quote:
...where there was the huge mix of people and things and...other things that all interacted in the same city. Actually adventuring on other (non-prime material) planes never really interested me at all. And, aside from a quick jaunt to recover stuff, still doesn't. So, before I move on, I want to make sure we are disagreeing for the right reasons.
That's fair enough. It was never the actual outer planes that kept your interest in PS, but rather adventuring in the City of Doors.

quote:
Everying can exist in planescape, it's hugely open, but I don't like the idea of hanging out in Arvandor before your actually dead. However, I did love the idea of being able to pop through a portal to get to a new and exciting new (prime) world.
Did any of the outer or inner or transitive planes interest you at all?

Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  14:21:48  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Okay, I've got you .

quote:
Second: My personal appeal to Planescape was Sigil. (I'm really not sure I'm spelling that right. The big lynchpin city? yea, that one)...[/i]
Yes, it's Sigil .

quote:
...where there was the huge mix of people and things and...other things that all interacted in the same city. Actually adventuring on other (non-prime material) planes never really interested me at all. And, aside from a quick jaunt to recover stuff, still doesn't. So, before I move on, I want to make sure we are disagreeing for the right reasons.
That's fair enough. It was never the actual outer planes that kept your interest in PS, but rather adventuring in the City of Doors.

quote:
Did any of the outer or inner or transitive planes interest you at all?

Not beyond their usefulness or application to the Prime. (Ex. “I create a pin hole to the prime material plane inside the upper room in the tower, so that healing in the room is increased.” Or “You want to make a staff of Fire? Alright, well first you will need a length of Oak that has been split by lightning, and resting under the belly of a dragon, then sear the wood in the brazier of the Efreet Lord Klptizictum.’ ‘Damn, we need to go to the Elemental Plane of Fire.”)

I mean, in general, the planes themselves are interesting as far as their application to the prime. It provides a great deal of interesting material, both as interlopers in the Realms, and just basic “This is how things work”, using planes as descriptions as to how exactly “physics” work in the realms.

But I’m not a big fan of large, thriving, multi tiered and complex societies living in the outer, inner or elemental planes. (with a few exceptions, the Gith-whatever’s are pretty neat.) Having a society on the elemental plane of fire kind of takes away its “elemental” nature to me. I think of them more like contributors to the prime, rather than fully realized and functional areas on their own.

It does bring to mind, however, a playing session I had in a game once.:

Wizard: Well, all the elemental planes, at some point connect, right? So, in theory, any combination of elements could exist at some point in large quantities at SOME point in the planes, yes?

Thief: a plane of gold?

Wizard: Not quite…

(4 months of research later)

Wizard: I have just set up a permanent Mordenkaiden’s Mansion on…the Para-Quasi-Semi Elemental plane of 12 year old Scotch!

Bard: What? Oh, I’m so opening a portal to the para-quasi-semi elemental plane of large breasts in that house!

Er, back on topic, I’m not sure what a Transitive plane is. Is that Astral and Ethereal? If so, then they are mildly interesting, but not fantastically so. Again, I see them as contributors to the way the prime works, (“If you put a hot breakfast in a bag of holding, is it hot when you take it out? Because time doesn’t pass on the Astral, right?” That sort of thing) rather than full fledged adventuring places for a whole campaign.

And, because of my personal view of elemental planes (and to some extent, the outer planes) being more elemental (Or in the case of the outer planes, a final resting point for the dead in the image of their deities will), the non-prime planes would be somewhat singular and focused, meaning that one trip to Mechanus is the same as every other trip. You might go for a different reason, but you’re going to see pretty much the same stuff. One trip is pretty much all you will ever need. (This is as far as adventuring is concerned; the DM describes Mechanus to the players, but after they are done with it, and return to Sigil, going back would just be kind of boring. So, one adventure, and you’ve pretty much seen the whole plane.)

If I’m being to vague, let me know, and I’ll attempt to clarify.

-- C.S. Lewis

Edited by - Jindael on 05 Jul 2005 14:49:05
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  14:40:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Er, back on topic, I’m not sure what a Transitive plane is. Is that Astral and Ethereal?
That's right. The Astral, Ethereal, and Shadow planes are all transitive.

If you're including the coverage of the Plane of Radiance in Dragon magazine #321 as well, then that also counts as a "transitive" plane.

Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2005 :  14:54:10  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seem to be having a horrible problem with Italics tags today.

Out of curiosity, what is it about planescape that you find interesting, what aspects of it do you see that I don't? sell me on it :p

-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000