Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Shimmergloom still alive??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  20:22:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drakul

Can't get his stats through those links. Somethin wrong with them. I found them on WotC, yet no stats for Shimmergloom.

What? There's nothing wrong with the links in my sig, I just checked them. You have to have excel or a program that can read excel files to read the file. What links are you talking about on wotc's? And yes, Shimmergloom does have stats in my files since that's where I pulled the above two from.

Also, as I said, Alaundo has some of the same files as HTML's on Candlekeep and they can be found in the updates from last month or the month before until I send him some more.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  20:40:11  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I meant the link to the 2 sources you refered me to. Can you hook me up with the stats so I can settle my little vendetta I have with this search??

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  20:49:13  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I meant the link to the 2 sources you refered me to. Can you hook me up with the stats so I can settle my little vendetta I have with this search??

Sorry, but I don't supply the long stats. You can buy the two pdf's at rpgnow.com or paizo's site or, if they are free on wotc, download them.

Otherwise, he's a shadow dragon that is of the age catagory of great wyrm, as those two sourcebooks say. :) Course those were 2e's age catagories and I'm not sure what they would convert over as in 3/3.5e.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  20:51:56  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went through both sources on WotC and they were not in there.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  20:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje
Sorry, but I don't supply the long stats. You can buy the two pdf's at rpgnow.com or paizo's site or, if they are free on wotc, download them.

Yes, they are.

quote:

Otherwise, he's a shadow dragon that is of the age catagory of great wyrm, as those two sourcebooks say. :) Course those were 2e's age catagories and I'm not sure what they would convert over as in 3/3.5e.

I believe great wyrms are still great wyrms; the discrepancy arises in such things as CR/party challenge equivalency.

quote:

I went through both sources on WotC and they were not in there.

It's been awhile since I looked in either of those sources, but I believe the provided stats were equivalent to a short stat line of today---that is, the one typified by (NG human female Wiz7) or such.

Edited by - Arivia on 25 Mar 2006 20:54:30
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  21:00:09  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went through the books thrice over and no sign of Shimmergloom's stats.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  21:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I went through the books thrice over and no sign of Shimmergloom's stats.

Page 43 of FR5(The Savage Frontier), middle column.
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  21:10:02  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was hopin for Ability Scores and the like.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  21:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was hopin for Ability Scores and the like.

As I said, it's a short stat line, which is all that was needed back then.
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  21:13:23  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't suppose there is a place that has or created 3E or 3.5E stats for Shimmergloom??

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  21:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't suppose there is a place that has or created 3E or 3.5E stats for Shimmergloom??

Try the WotC boards; someone over there might have done them. Otherwise, it's not a particularly hard task to do yourself --- the core rulebooks and the Draconomicon should be all you need.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2006 :  18:30:02  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Arivia is right - just do them yourself. I like the short stat line, because I can design the exact details and stats for NPCs (even modify their levels if need be) as befits my campaign.

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000