Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 History of Candlekeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  21:20:41  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It was only the other day when I discovered that I knew nearly nothing of the history of Candlekeep (and to think that I shuffled within its hallowed halls for a year or so now...). If any fellow scribe could post anything regarding Candlekeep (the library set upon a tall cliff and surrounded by water) or Candlekeep (the library set upon an alien plane of existence known as the World Wide Web), it would be much appreciated.

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2005 :  23:01:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you read the "Introduction to Candlekeep" written by Ed Greenwood. That piece of lore is a good place to start.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  02:08:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And of course, the ever reliable Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast also details a little about Candlekeep.

There are likely sporadic references in a number of other 2e tomes dealing with the North and the Sword Coast, but I don't have the time to check them all at the moment.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  02:12:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and here's the link to the scroll Sirius just mentioned.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  09:15:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Indeed, Ed's introduction to Candlekeep is by far the most extensive piece of lore I have read on the place and written especially for us all here. It was a great honor to receive this and I find myself still reading through this work on a regular basis

In addition, other snippets of lore on Candlekeep can be found in the FRCS, the Volo's guide (as mentioned by The Sage), and Players Guide to thr Forgotten Realms Campaign.

As for this place in which thou art studying now, 'twas set up in March 1999 with a lot of blood, sweat and tears and arms piled with scrolls and tomes from many Realmslore enthusiasts. If ye require any more information, please feel free to contact me.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2005 :  17:26:27  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My thanks, great readers. You aid was most helpful.
May Candlekeep's collection grow ever larger.

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000