Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Complaint
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  19:23:53  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message  Delete Topic
May I say, I think, along with a few other people, that Alaundo is an old 30 year old who sits at his desk drinking coke and geeking out. "Well met, Alaundo," I can imagine him in front of a pc game, and he probably lives at home with his parents.

Bring forth power unto my reign

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  19:37:43  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message
I feel truely less intelligent from having read this post.

"The man who does not read has little advantage over the man who cannot read."

Go to Top of Page

Rellen Amostirren
Acolyte

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  19:38:05  Show Profile  Visit Rellen Amostirren's Homepage Send Rellen Amostirren a Private Message
Is there a point to this post or are ya just trying to be nasty??

Regards

Rellen

Who is a 30 year old, who does sit at his desk, who doesn't know what "geeking out" means, who plays the odd PC game, who doesn't live with his parents, but none the less, is quite proud of these facts!!

"Stealing teeth and still leaving folks with a smile!!"
Go to Top of Page

Drizzt Do Urden
Acolyte

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  21:39:34  Show Profile  Visit Drizzt Do Urden's Homepage Send Drizzt Do Urden a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Exilion

May I say, I think, along with a few other people, that Alaundo is an old 30 year old who sits at his desk drinking coke and geeking out. "Well met, Alaundo," I can imagine him in front of a pc game, and he probably lives at home with his parents.

I think he lives in his tower somwhere in a town called candlekeep in England, where he is a technosage;

Once the Menzoberrenzan Drow run away from the Drow Practices in other cities. Then they settled Menzoberrenzan, and prayed to there evil and mad godess Lolth, the Spider Queen. Then they turned the same way has there far away cousins (isn't that ironic)

Bless Mielikki, and the good people of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  22:34:16  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
I won't even make you the pleasure to answer this post by saying you are a complete asshole who doesn't know what roleplaying is! Who is really Alundo in is true life? And who are you? We don't give a damn ****! We just have fun!

Well, i replied. Sorry i couldn't resist the temptation! Sorry if i was rude and Alundo feel free to delete my post.
Go to Top of Page

Drizzt Do Urden
Acolyte

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  22:41:37  Show Profile  Visit Drizzt Do Urden's Homepage Send Drizzt Do Urden a Private Message
No No you don't have use ugly words so you post not will be deleted, you me understand ? I'm Yoda's evil's twin you didn't no that, nevermind

Once the Menzoberrenzan Drow run away from the Drow Practices in other cities. Then they settled Menzoberrenzan, and prayed to there evil and mad godess Lolth, the Spider Queen. Then they turned the same way has there far away cousins (isn't that ironic)

Bless Mielikki, and the good people of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  00:36:49  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message
Congratulations Exilion,

You have proven me right again...

I am never wrong when I judge someone by their writings...

Zemd I knew there was a reason I liked you so much.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  09:02:51  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
Well before this post Exilion, I thought you were quite an asset to the forum but obviously I was mistaken! Your single insulting post has tarnished your character and lowered the value of your other posts, IMO!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  10:34:42  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message
So what has that gott to do with any thing, you are just jumping him beacuse you are scared to gett like that. ( No offense Alundo)
I for one thing think you are a complet asshole and think you should get FUBAR. Lucky for you my little halfling hands don't reach that far, and if this was a joke it was a bad one, mind you.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  12:52:39  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
What FUBAR means?
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  13:17:59  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message
Exilion, I suggest that you control your tongue. Here at Candlekeep, such insults are not tolerated and we stand up for our own. What does it matter to you what Alaundo does in real life? Other than the fact that it's none of your business, why do you care?
You've been given warning- watch your tongue or lose it!

Zemd, don't worry about that word. It's not nice and shouldn't be used here.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  13:46:48  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message
In reply to these posts, I would like to say that I am just doing this for one big joke. I never signed to Sandlekeep to enjoy the realms and forum posts, and I think it is total trash. Thendrax's cousin is evil, and is called Anthrax Gedden. He also agrees with me that being called an asshole and a geek is very insulting, and I would like to say that this website is a load o bull. In ending, I would like to say that my mates sitting next to me have a much better sense of humour than any of you do, and you cannot log me off because I've put a bar on it. May I say Alaundo, is probably a victim of a serious mental disorder, working for this trashy website, if you can call that work, because I have never seen any moderation for all the bad language used on this website, even if they are aimed at me.

As I now leave this site, I would like to warn you that the Russian Mafia are now against you, and they are writing posts under character names on this forum. Exilion, the lord of darkness.
Bye

Bring forth power unto my reign
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  13:56:49  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message
*sigh*

What a waste of time. And what a horrible lame joke. All that there is left to do now is pray to whatever God is listening that he is true to his word and leaves.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 08 Jan 2003 14:04:19
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  14:07:39  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Exilion

Why don't you kiss ma ass

Your brilliance is nearly spilling over. And by the way, I would love to. C'ya.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  14:13:08  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message
Thank you, Alaundo, for cleaning up this mess. I noticed that he attempted to continue this in a second thread under a different name.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  14:38:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well Met

I thought it would be about time that I spoke up, given the recent unpleasantness occuring on the forum. Apologies to members who are distracted by this.

Exilion's posts, along with Lord Trikketh (whos post was deleted) have been goaded by a certain member who once caused many offensive and insulting posts when the forum first opened (I will for now leave this member unnamed). This member wished to be a moderator on the forums and was declined, and has obviously taken offense. All the members mentioned above go to the same school together and have continued to send insulting emails to various Candlekeep members.

Not being one to start a flame, but the real sad people in this matter are those who have no life and anything better to do than post ridiculous and pathetic posts on forums, not the ones who share their thoughts and experiences on their hobby

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  16:17:23  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message
I am sorry for my rude words but they where wroten in anger. I can only say that at least this shows that we stand united against alien threats.

Until the Stones forgett.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  16:34:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn
I am sorry for my rude words but they where wroten in anger. I can only say that at least this shows that we stand united against alien threats.

I wouldnt have thought youd need to apologise Hymn
Luckily such people like Exilion are very few, and I agree that its good to see people unite and react against such pathetic, immature <censored>

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  16:39:17  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message
Hymn, I too have said things in the past that I wish were forgotten. Your intentions were good, just remember that there is always a way to get a point across without language like that. The words are forgotten, but the *true* meaning is not lost, friend.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  16:42:24  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
At least it showed that exists a "candlekeep.com forum unity".
Furthermore Alundo, I think that as a webmaster you do a good job. Not too absent, not too present (by present i mean the contrary of absent, i hope it's the good word )
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  16:55:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted zemd
Furthermore Alundo, I think that as a webmaster you do a good job. Not too absent, not too present (by present i mean the contrary of absent, i hope it's the good word )

Thankyou kindly zemd I mostly try to stay out of the discussions unless I can help out in some way where the active members can not (not very often ). Its not easy being a moderator, youre likely to offend a few people with your actions (as has been proven) but it is for the good of the forum as a whole and to protect the other "well behaved" members.

Hope you all continue to enjoy Candlekeep and the forums and such topics and posts dont put you off coming back time after time

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  17:11:31  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message
Zemd, it was not meant in offense, and his *true* intentions meaning defending Alaundo is remembered.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  17:27:53  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message
Don't you worry. I'll keep coming back here as often as I can. Though there is one thing I miss when I sitt infront of the fire reding a good book. Isn't there any good beer around here, perhaps something from Amn or Cormyr.

Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  18:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message
I would like to appologize to the other scribes of candle keep for not being here to post to the thread sooner. There were a few thing I would have like to say before he left. He seemed like a decent person until this one thread. I remember reading his other 40 sum posts and agreeing with alot of them.

Exilion, you wont be missed.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2003 :  00:21:42  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message
Bah, Alaundo is a cool guy, he allows us to post topics and other such stuff on this site. To insult him is to insult all of us, and I don't think that's very cool. Anyway that fits my description, I sit in front of a computer half the time or the TV playing video games and I write in my notebook all the time.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2003 :  03:29:13  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Salius_Kai

I would like to appologize to the other scribes of candle keep for not being here to post to the thread sooner. There were a few thing I would have like to say before he left. He seemed like a decent person until this one thread. I remember reading his other 40 sum posts and agreeing with alot of them.

Exilion, you wont be missed.

I completely agree with you. I thought he was good person until this recent er...disturbance. It's too bad, who ever knew such a seemingly good person would turn out to be like this? By the way, do any of you think that he was referring to Tiax in the last post he made about some evil cousin or something? If I recall, he mentioned the name Gedden, which I believe is Tiax's last name, according to his profile...
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2003 :  09:12:32  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy465
By the way, do any of you think that he was referring to Tiax in the last post he made about some evil cousin or something? If I recall, he mentioned the name Gedden, which I believe is Tiax's last name, according to his profile...

I think youve hit the nail on the head there drummerboy465! Reading into Alaundos post on this, Im pretty sure he is refering to king-tiax!

Lord Rad

Edited by - Lord Rad on 09 Jan 2003 19:21:46
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2003 :  18:37:55  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message
So are you telling us that he wanted to be a moderator and you turned him down. Why on earth would you do that?

{Please note the smiley}
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2003 :  13:52:10  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message
This makes me so very sad. I just read this thread for the first time.

There seems to be no place to hide from this kind of people. I have to say that I really do not understand why people feel they need to behave like that.

I hope you all will be able to keep up the nice job of trying to respect each other and backing each other up. I have nothing but respect for that.

It's just too bad that there seems so little of this kindness in the world

::sad::

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2003 :  14:15:53  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy465
By the way, do any of you think that he was referring to Tiax in the last post he made about some evil cousin or something? If I recall, he mentioned the name Gedden, which I believe is Tiax's last name, according to his profile...

I think youve hit the nail on the head there drummerboy465! Reading into Alaundos post on this, Im pretty sure he is refering to king-tiax!

Sorry, I didn't realize it was that obvious...
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2003 :  21:52:16  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by zemd

What FUBAR means?

Zemd,

Fu**ed
Up
Beyond
All
Recognition

FUBAR is a Vietnam Era slang term. It is almost exclusive to American English. Therefore it is not surprising you aren't up on it!

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000