Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Complaint
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2003 :  12:31:35  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message
Thank you Artalis, i'll be able to impress my English teacher
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2003 :  03:21:41  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
Mayhaps, Oh Alaundo, my feeble mind may offer some advice in these times of stryfe here in the forums.....

At the risk of being unpopular, I wish to say that it may be to the forum's advantage to lock down this particular topic. Reason being, last time I checked it was the first visible topic on the list, and as our collected, favored hobby (namely gaming, the Realms, etc.)catches enough flack from the ignorant as it is, I think that this particular topic serves only to detract from the simple, good-hearted nature of Candlekeep.

With NO reservation, I believe that I speak for the majority when I say that these terrible comments scribbled by our fellow scribes in NO way serve as the collected opinions or personalities of the majority. It is in this spirit that I request the topic be locked, so that newcomers to the site do not mistake Candlekeep for the bastion of ignorance so many claim the world of Dungeons and Dragons to be.

My thanks for the use of the soapbox as always, and may Faerunian winds guide us all safely home.

Arion Elenim

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2003 :  05:46:45  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message
I raise my hand on that one.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2003 :  11:03:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by ArionElenim
Mayhaps, Oh Alaundo, my feeble mind may offer some advice in these times of stryfe here in the forums.....

At the risk of being unpopular, I wish to say that it may be to the forum's advantage to lock down this particular topic. Reason being, last time I checked it was the first visible topic on the list, and as our collected, favored hobby (namely gaming, the Realms, etc.)catches enough flack from the ignorant as it is, I think that this particular topic serves only to detract from the simple, good-hearted nature of Candlekeep.

Indeed, just what I wanted to hear ArionElenim. I decided to leave the topic open for a while to give members a chance to respond to the unpleasantness. Not that Im wanting to encourage retaliation and start a flame, but some would wish (and have done) to let off a little steam. Anyway, that done and things said, the topic will now be locked!

This IS a Forgotten Realms forum, intended for the discussion of Realmslore and that which is Realms-related, topics such as this could put off new members, they do not want to see this side of the community.

That said.....enjoy the forums

::clink-clunk of padlock::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 12 Jan 2003 11:04:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic