Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 I wonder if we'll get the LEOF update today
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  05:39:14  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

The LEOF Web Enhancements suppose to go up on the WOTC site this week, I winder if we'll get it today

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  12:00:41  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm rather intrigued as to what this might be as I have no clue. Aside from general editing, most of the stuff I saw in the genesis phase was included in the actual book. Maybe there won't be a web enhancement ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  12:18:56  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'm rather intrigued as to what this might be as I have no clue. Aside from general editing, most of the stuff I saw in the genesis phase was included in the actual book. Maybe there won't be a web enhancement ...

-- George Krashos

Mark Jinha the WOTC web guy said that there was a web enhancement, it hasnt been posted this week nor have any of the ussual wednesday updates appeared (FR stuff, D&D mini preview etc)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  15:59:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping for a web enhancement for LEoF too.

However, I will be disappointed if it turns out to be just another adventure like the last few web enhancements for D&D products have been.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  22:58:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

However, I will be disappointed if it turns out to be just another adventure like the last few web enhancements for D&D products have been.

Then Im afraid you'll be disappointed because its a 8 page adventure called Secret of Imaskar

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  23:06:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Then Im afraid you'll be disappointed because its a 8 page adventure called Secret of Imaskar

And it is located here.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  04:00:58  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds pretty interesting to me.How much lore is out there pertaining to the Imaskari???I'm not that much familiar with them.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  04:57:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

How is it? I took one look at the author and decided not to even download.
Go to Top of Page

Ty
Learned Scribe

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  15:53:10  Show Profile  Visit Ty's Homepage Send Ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*sigh*

Bland. Not really much information contained in it, although I suppose it's useful in extrapolating upon. The idea behind it would have been a fantastic Indiana Jones-esque adventure, but it's much much to short and abbreviated as written. It also seems a bit contrived in terms of playability.

Information-wise, for the Imaskar portions, it basically seems to use the Imaskari as a prop in an otherwise typical find and kill the bad-guy module. Oh well. I can use it as a foundation for a larger adventure if I feel in the mood.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  17:50:32  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ty
Information-wise, for the Imaskar portions, it basically seems to use the Imaskari as a prop in an otherwise typical find and kill the bad-guy module. Oh well. I can use it as a foundation for a larger adventure if I feel in the mood.

Sounds more like it was a generic adventure written with the FR stuff then added in later.
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  21:20:29  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the thing with the WE adventures seems to be that they are directed towards a generic audiance. Thus the "local lore" is kept back where it should be more or less be poured into the writing. It feels like a cheap version of Haunted Halls of Eveningstar or something, even got a lower level which to expand upon.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  22:47:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Sounds more like it was a generic adventure written with the FR stuff then added in later.

What?!? WotC would never do something like that!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2005 :  15:25:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Ty

It is.

I deleted it from my HD immediately after I finished reading through it.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000