Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Table Top Software Available
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2005 :  19:35:17  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi guys

I've got a mate who I met through an MMORPG I play, and he has developed a table top software program that he has been dying to test and get some feedback on. I dont play table top (yet) and thus can't help him, but I know some of you have and might be able to help him see how it works and where his flaws are...

Hop on over to :

http://www.aartanridge.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8434&highlight=

and let him know what you think

I'm sure he'd appreciate any feedback

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2005 :  03:28:20  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be all over this if it weren't for that fact that it's a PHP app that requires a webserver. Now on webserver isn't a problem, but finding FREE webserver software to run on my machine with PHP support? No go.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Cheba
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2005 :  09:25:43  Show Profile  Visit Cheba's Homepage Send Cheba a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your feedback,

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, webservers are free to download, php is free to download, and my software will be free to download once it's been polished.

Unless that is you run a Mac, I can't say I know alot about such things.

Cheba
Go to Top of Page

Lucius
Seeker

98 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2005 :  15:29:54  Show Profile  Visit Lucius's Homepage Send Lucius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks fairly good. And in the long run, anything has to be better than tedious PBEM games.

Perhaps I'll take another, more precise look when I've got the time.

Thanks MuadDib!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2005 :  05:03:01  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really? Well it's be a few years since I looked for http server software, maybe things have changed.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Cheba
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2005 :  11:47:55  Show Profile  Visit Cheba's Homepage Send Cheba a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want an easy (and free) install of Apache/PHP/MySQL have a look at http://www.firepages.com.au/

It isn't the most uptodate version of PHP but it is a really easy way to get everything installed and working together.

However, what I need before making the code available is some feedback from folks who might use it to find out if there is any functionality that I've missed out that I could perhaps include in it.

Oh yes, and I checked PHP on the Mac and it does have support. :)

Cheba
Go to Top of Page

Cheba
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2005 :  13:11:50  Show Profile  Visit Cheba's Homepage Send Cheba a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some extra functionality has been added including language support so it should be fairly easy to add translation to any language your players use. It's currently just English and French but German should be on there in a few days.

The source code is now available for download, just log on and click on the refbot zip file for the code.

Both table top gamers and PBEM gamers seem to be finding it useful, so have a play with it and see what you think.

Requests for enhancements, support, or any feedback can be made here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000