Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  03:10:14  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was hoping that one of fine folks could help me locate a copy of the FRIA. I have looked all over and can't seem to find it. I know it's out of print but someone has to have it. I would really love to get my hands on one.

Thanks

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Alaundo on 10 Dec 2002 18:04:47

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  09:23:38  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

I was hoping that one of fine folks could help me locate a copy of the FRIA. I have looked all over and can't seem to find it. I know it's out of print but someone has to have it. I would really love to get my hands on one.

Thanks

A lot of people have a copy - not a legal one, though. If you want help with getting your hands on one of these, let me know.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  18:00:53  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Echon Posted - 10 Dec 2002 : 09:23:38
A lot of people have a copy - not a legal one, though. If you want help with getting your hands on one of these, let me know.

-Echon

I don't care how I get it. I am a loyal customer of WotC and have spent literally thousands of dollars on their stuff. If it's out of print and I can't get it any other way, so be it. It's not like I am going to sell it or anything it's for my use.

Thanks

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2002 :  21:08:00  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis
I don't care how I get it. I am a loyal customer of WotC and have spent literally thousands of dollars on their stuff. If it's out of print and I can't get it any other way, so be it. It's not like I am going to sell it or anything it's for my use.

Thanks

Very well then. Get your hands on one of the following share programs and search for it: KaZaa (the most obvious and well known), eDonkey2000, eMule or WinMX - there mey be others but these are the ones I am familiar with. Search for a program using a search engine and you should have no problem finding a site for downloading the appropiate software.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  03:01:48  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Echon Posted - 10 Dec 2002 : 21:08:00

Very well then. Get your hands on one of the following share programs and search for it: KaZaa (the most obvious and well known), eDonkey2000, eMule or WinMX - there mey be others but these are the ones I am familiar with. Search for a program using a search engine and you should have no problem finding a site for downloading the appropiate software.

-Echon

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  08:55:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Echon and Atalis, If you wish to discuss this, ahem, "activity" further could you please refrain from posting to the forum and contact each other directly via email (go to each others profiles for email links).

Thanks

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  16:11:54  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My apologies sir,

It's already been done.

I believe I have finally found a legitimate source for the item in question though I guess time will tell.

Please be assured that it will not happen again.

Again my most sincere apologies.

-Artalis

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  17:29:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Dont worry Artalis, I wont punish you with endless tasks around the library Its just best to avoid such talk on these forums for obvious reasons and we wouldnt want any innocents to head down the wrong path, amonst other things.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2002 :  20:11:01  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::Bowing deeply::

Your kindness and patience are truly prodigious Alaundo.

I am gratified that you have forgiven my overzealousness in this matter.

Thank you

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Rellen Amostirren
Acolyte

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  20:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Rellen Amostirren's Homepage Send Rellen Amostirren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope Artalis that you have found this fine piece of software. I myself would be lost without it!!

Oh in case you didnt know there are 3 updates to the original atlas that adds a wealth of maps, which can be downloaded from WOTC. Be warned they are a fair size!!

Oh and Campaign Cartographer or the mapping utility that came with the 2nd edition core rules software allows you to edit the maps. That can be a lot of fun if not a little time consuming

"Stealing teeth and still leaving folks with a smile!!"
Go to Top of Page

Drizzt Do Urden
Acolyte

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2003 :  22:23:07  Show Profile  Visit Drizzt Do Urden's Homepage Send Drizzt Do Urden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've found it yet on Internet, but where must i look for Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, and what is it exactly, can someone give my tips where i can download it
i've looked in kazaa and couldn't find it, not that looked so good for that... But i'm intrested,

you're sincerly you friendly drow friend

Once the Menzoberrenzan Drow run away from the Drow Practices in other cities. Then they settled Menzoberrenzan, and prayed to there evil and mad godess Lolth, the Spider Queen. Then they turned the same way has there far away cousins (isn't that ironic)

Bless Mielikki, and the good people of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

mjonz
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2003 :  00:44:53  Show Profile  Visit mjonz's Homepage Send mjonz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I recently installed the atlas and the updates.
I noticed that after installing the third patch,
some of the links stopped working.

For example the '3280 Typical Sembian Family Farm.fcw'
hotspot in SEMBIA does not bring up the map.

I re-indexed after the first and second updates
and noticed the update occuring, at this point,
re-Indexing does nothing that I can see.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions you have.

-m
Go to Top of Page

Brainded
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  16:40:51  Show Profile  Visit Brainded's Homepage Send Brainded a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For anyone still interested in this thread, I was able to dig up a couple copies of the FRIA on Ebay. They don't turn up too oftern there, but if you keep poking around you might be rewarded.
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  16:48:39  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suggest that you try the french sellers. Maybe it'll be a little bit expensive (the shipping is quite high) but it'll be new an in english.

As well for other products. Some sellers have in stores a lot of old unsold books and software in english
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  17:12:23  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found a dusty copy in a WotC shop.

I even got a discount,because they are moving the store!!

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  17:22:34  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suggest that you download the updates on the wotc site
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2003 :  18:30:31  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh I had downloaded them months ago when I thought I was going to get it before.

Installed and working smoothly.

YES I am a GEEK of monumental proportions.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  07:03:58  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK I have the software, installed the updates and all is good, great actually.

I am curious though, does anyone know how to add things to the maps?

I would like to add a couple of sites to the maps for my own reference but can't figure out how...

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2003 :  07:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When you say 'add to the maps' are you talking about actually putting something new on the existing maps? If you are, I'm sorry to say that you can't with the Atlas. It's just a reference tool. You need to get either the full version of Campaign Cartographer or Core Rules 2.0 which comes bundled with a 'light' version of the program, to be able to create new maps or augment the existing ones. Sorry Artalis.

There is a way to add your own notes or references to existing maps, however. Go to the 'info' tab' and then to 'map notes'. A box will come up with selections to choose from. From there you can choose to edit the existing map notes, or create new ones.
I hope this helped.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  07:10:51  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok, this is a rather old topic in here, but I'm now desparately trying to locate a copy of this atlas, and am wondering if any of you fine folk could help me out. I'm scoured EBAY and came up with no such luck. I even contacted Wizards, and they said with it being so long out of print, they can't help me at all. so I'm plea'ing to you for help. if you could help me out, I'd be rather indebted.

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2003 :  06:28:51  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got my copy here last year, it was 97.35 total and well worth it........http://www.cyberdungeon.com

If this is no longer available then email me, I willnot sell it but will help you get it.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Edited by - William of Waterdeep on 08 Sep 2003 18:05:29
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  06:49:43  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ANYONE still looking there is one on ebay right now............

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  23:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heard that Simon Rogers from Profantasy Ltd are in talks with WotC to reproduce the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas for 3.5ed FR

Fingers crossed that it all comes together!!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2003 :  23:56:42  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

Heard that Simon Rogers from Profantasy Ltd are in talks with WotC to reproduce the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas for 3.5ed FR

Fingers crossed that it all comes together!!

Shhhh...I'll never sell the ones I have if you tell.
Really,I hope they do,I can't believe they ever quit making the first ones.Something everyone should have if you love the FR.

Go to Top of Page

jeepfreek
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2003 :  05:40:51  Show Profile  Visit jeepfreek's Homepage Send jeepfreek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HELP.. I can't find it ANYWERE on the internet for sale.. called several local shops and no dice.. I've already D/L'd the updates, now I'm just waiting to locate a copy of the software..

if anybody can help with advice or even if they know how to even locate a copy of a copy.. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Scott
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2003 :  11:00:10  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeepfreek

HELP.. I can't find it ANYWERE on the internet for sale.. called several local shops and no dice.. I've already D/L'd the updates, now I'm just waiting to locate a copy of the software..

if anybody can help with advice or even if they know how to even locate a copy of a copy.. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Scott

I saw a copy only yesterday on eBay!! Not sure when the auction ends though.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Razil
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2004 :  19:40:20  Show Profile  Visit Razil's Homepage Send Razil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just found a copy of the atlas. It had to be dusted off and was hidden in the back. I'm having trouble downloading the updates.
Doesn't update # 3 include all I need? I've downloaded it twice now and I keep getting an "error initializing ikernel.exe" when I attempt to run setup. Of course the Wotc website says they can't help me b/c it's not supported anymore. Anybody else have this problem, or know where I can download it elsewhere? Thanks for the help.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2004 :  04:31:25  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Razil, As far as I know, you don't need to install any of the updates, but if you want to, you have to do them in order. If you don't, weird things are supposed to happen, as your ikernel error is apparently telling us is true.
I'd suggest uninstalling the program, downloading all the updates, reinstalling the program and then the updates in order. I've always done it this way since the last update and have had no problems.

I know all three updates are huge if you still have dial-up, but they're definitely worth it if only for the insane amount of maps you get with them. There's some cool additions in there!

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2004 :  16:39:35  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm I don't think that update3 includes ALL the updates. I do know that update3 spent a lot of time on the shelf before it's release and as a result, ended up getting released long after Hasbro closed/sold it's software licensing/rights thus leaving several existing bugs (and update3) related bugs unfixed.

I would recommend updating in order 1-3. If you have dialup, get a program like GetRight, which is a download manager and will allow you to stop, continue later, and automatic restart (and redial to your isp) if you decide to download it while your in bed asleep.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

fye
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  11:39:49  Show Profile  Visit fye's Homepage Send fye a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HELP ME GUYS! i can't find it anywhere. i am from greece and that excellent programm, is no more here. i try to find it out from friends,shops,even warez or pirates!but nothing,if anyone knows anything about downloading or something,please inform me.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  13:54:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As has been suggested before, hit eBay. I've seen copies of it turn up there from time to time.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000