Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Help me find a book if it indeed exists
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dice Ravenhelm
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2005 :  18:32:25  Show Profile  Visit Dice Ravenhelm's Homepage Send Dice Ravenhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ive read through the Songs & Swords trilogy and one of the characters mentioned is Khelben "blackstaff" Arunson
just wanted to know if there is a book or trilogy devoted to him.

"I spend my "findings" on ale and some wenches"
~Dice Ravenhelm redistributer of wealth

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2005 :  18:47:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dice Ravenhelm

Ive read through the Songs & Swords trilogy and one of the characters mentioned is Khelben "blackstaff" Arunson

Sadly, there is not.

And welcome to Candlekeep!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2005 :  19:43:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dice Ravenhelm

No, while he's appeared in many works, a novel has yet to focus on this character.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2005 :  22:51:09  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, not yet at least. I find it amazing actually that the Blackstaff hasn't had a novel devoted to him so far. Given the complexities of his character and personal history however, it would be a big undertaking. Let's hope it happens soon and by someone who really gets to "know" him.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  02:32:45  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A little bird tells me that this just *might* happen. Not soon, by the way impatient scribes measure time, but "soon" as publishers do. I suspect Mr. Krashos knows about this too, and is being far more diplomatic than I.
Not that such a stance is difficult to achieve.
THO
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  19:45:44  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks THO!!!!!Whet the appetite for something that may or may not happen way to go!!!I would really enjoy a trilogy about Khelben.Something in the way of how Elminster:Making of a Mage was.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  23:27:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope it's Steven Schend... That man does an awesome job of "channeling" Khelben, and has been doing so for several years now...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  23:39:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I hope it's Steven Schend... That man does an awesome job of "channeling" Khelben, and has been doing so for several years now...

That's who I was thinking of, but I don't want to get hopes up with things being so tentative.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  00:34:12  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree. Steven would be the perfect person to write a novel on the Blackstaff. Think of the intricate plot weavings, the copious realmslore, the revealed secrets! Geez, I'm drooling ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gale604
Acolyte

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2005 :  05:55:18  Show Profile  Visit Gale604's Homepage Send Gale604 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully, Elaine Cunningham and Ed Greenwood's "City of Splendors" will give us plenty on Blackstaff.

Man, I can't wait for August!

Edited by - Gale604 on 18 Jan 2005 07:59:29
Go to Top of Page

LaughingWizard
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2005 :  12:39:12  Show Profile  Visit LaughingWizard's Homepage Send LaughingWizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That might be an interesting read indeed! Khelben came out fairly detailed in "Songs and Swords", but somehow still needing a more complex inspection, I felt. There is definitely room here for exploration! Notice to WotC: BRING IT ON, and I'll buy it!

A woman, or a man, may come to hold many treasures in life. Gold, gems, a good name, lovers, good friends, influence, high rank--all of these are of value. All of these most covet. But of them all the most valuable, I tell ye, are friends good and true. Have these, and ye will scarce notice the lack if ye never win aught else."

The adventuress Sharanralee, Ballads and Lore of One Dusty Road, Year of the Wandering Maiden
From Spellfire by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2005 :  21:59:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is, for me, the ideal Khelben book:

It would focus partially on Khelben, and partially on the Tel'Teukiira, as they dealt with their first serious challenge. We'd see more of Khelben, his personality and history, and we'd see the Moonstars in action -- preferably manipulating the Harpers in the process.

And of course, this tome would either be penned by Steven Schend by himself, or Elaine would team up with the esteemed Sage Schend to write it.

That would be the ultimate Khelben tome.

Too bad Wizards won't take suggestions.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 29 Jan 2005 22:02:51
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2005 :  22:03:19  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If enough ask, perhaps Wizards will listen, sometimes the webpage appears to get fixed based on compaints.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2005 :  01:58:56  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here is, for me, the ideal Khelben book:

It would focus partially on Khelben, and partially on the Tel'Teukiira, as they dealt with their first serious challenge. We'd see more of Khelben, his personality and history, and we'd see the Moonstars in action -- preferably manipulating the Harpers in the process.

And of course, this tome would either be penned by Steven Schend by himself, or Elaine would team up with the esteemed Sage Schend to write it.

That would be the ultimate Khelben tome.

Um, thanks for all the kind people mentioning my name in relation to a Khelben novel. Your lips to Tymora's ears...

Heck, even as a fan, I'd love to read a good Khelben novel as well. I'd just much rather get a shot to write a novel, that's all.

As for "the first serious challenge" for the Tel'Teukiira, that's happened a few years ago, Wooly me lad. After all, don't you consider blowing up Hellgate Keep a decent challenge?

No, it wasn't noted as such in The North, but then again, wouldn't it just be like Khelben to have a few plots in hand before actually cluing anyone else into the existence of his personal band of ex-Harper agents?

The only surviving member of the trio behind the destruction at the Keep is the Mistmaster. Didn't anyone think it odd that, him not being a joiner and all, he's in the Moonstars?

Thought that was a dead give-away that the Hellgate Keep maneuver was the first unofficial/plausibly deniable action by the Tel'Teukiira?

Steven
Who revels in hiding things in plain sight....and others (like Khelben and Laeral's matching tattoos) a little more subtly...

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2005 :  03:41:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Um, thanks for all the kind people mentioning my name in relation to a Khelben novel. Your lips to Tymora's ears...

Heck, even as a fan, I'd love to read a good Khelben novel as well. I'd just much rather get a shot to write a novel, that's all.

As for "the first serious challenge" for the Tel'Teukiira, that's happened a few years ago, Wooly me lad. After all, don't you consider blowing up Hellgate Keep a decent challenge?

No, it wasn't noted as such in The North, but then again, wouldn't it just be like Khelben to have a few plots in hand before actually cluing anyone else into the existence of his personal band of ex-Harper agents?

The only surviving member of the trio behind the destruction at the Keep is the Mistmaster. Didn't anyone think it odd that, him not being a joiner and all, he's in the Moonstars?

Thought that was a dead give-away that the Hellgate Keep maneuver was the first unofficial/plausibly deniable action by the Tel'Teukiira?

Steven
Who revels in hiding things in plain sight....and others (like Khelben and Laeral's matching tattoos) a little more subtly...

Well, my friend, you've proven to me quite adept at "channeling" the Blackstaff. He may have been created by Ed, but you've done a lot to flesh him out.

As for my bit about the first serious challenge, that was my bad. Hellgate Keep had slipped my mind... But still, having them handle a serious challenge in a novel would be quite nice. We need to see more of them!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000