Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Shadow's Witness
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2004 :  18:22:00  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, I finished this book last night. Wow. I mean, gods! That was one quick read! I just couldn't stop. The battles between Jak, Cale, and the ghouls actually scared me! I truly felt sorry for Cale when he had to leave Stormweather. Geez, man. This was one Hells of a book!

I've already started Twilight Falling and I just can't get enough of Cale. This is awesome!

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2004 :  19:18:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, 'tis indeed a splendid Realms novel, one of my favorites in fact

Please use the scrying room to locate other such scrolls on the topic of Shadows Witness, Twilight Falling and other Cale related discussions. Thank ye.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2004 :  20:08:11  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valondil the Ranger

Well, I finished this book last night. Wow. I mean, gods! That was one quick read! I just couldn't stop. The battles between Jak, Cale, and the ghouls actually scared me! I truly felt sorry for Cale when he had to leave Stormweather. Geez, man. This was one Hells of a book!

I've already started Twilight Falling and I just can't get enough of Cale. This is awesome!

Valondil,

It pleases me to no end that folks are still just discovering the Cale books. It also pleases me that you enjoyed the novel.

Incidentally, Dragon #297 contains a Cale-Riven short story entitled, "All the Sinners Saints," and the events in that story occur between Shadow's Witness and Twilight Falling. It's not necessary reading before starting TF, though, just a little bit of an extra.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Nysgath
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  05:13:02  Show Profile  Visit Nysgath's Homepage Send Nysgath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree. I absolutely loved this book. Can't wait to start Twilight Falling ...
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2004 :  08:15:42  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An excellent book in what is probably the best series of FR novels yet.

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  09:58:50  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it seems to me know I've got to know what this book is about since you've piqued my interest.

I saw it on the shelves and it was a toss up between Halls of Stormweather, Shadow's Witness and Heirs of the Prophecy... since I was running low on $$$ and I had been searching everywhere for Halls of Stromweather (now out of print) I got that instead.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  10:07:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Well it seems to me know I've got to know what this book is about since you've piqued my interest.

I saw it on the shelves and it was a toss up between Halls of Stormweather, Shadow's Witness and Heirs of the Prophecy... since I was running low on $$$ and I had been searching everywhere for Halls of Stromweather (now out of print) I got that instead.

You're still in for some "Cale-goodness" though. Mr Kemp's prequel (of a sort) to Shadow's Witness, graces the pages of Halls of Stormweather, through the short story, "Resurrection".

Enjoy .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  10:38:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Lina

You're still in for some "Cale-goodness" though. Mr Kemp's prequel (of a sort) to Shadow's Witness, graces the pages of Halls of Stormweather, through the short story, "Resurrection".

Enjoy .

Well met

Thanks right, Sage. In fact, I always insist to fellow readers to full appreciate Cale, Halls of Stormweather must be read prior to Shadows Witness. The Sembia series sticks in my mind as one of the most amazing FR series I have read, I have read Shadows Witness twice now and it was just as wonderful the second time

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  04:41:13  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading Twilight Falling. Almost finished. Geez, this book just won't let up. It's got to be at least ten times better than Shadow's Witness, and that's definately saying something!

Yesterday I got a copy of Dawn of Night so it's ready for reading once I'm finished with this one.

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000