Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Gold dwarves V.S. Duergar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

reddfox321
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  05:51:04  Show Profile  Visit reddfox321's Homepage Send reddfox321 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by khorne

I wonder what would happen if some demon prince actually managed to unite the Tanar`ri. How would the Baatezu handle the combined fury of the Abyss? It`s true what you say about orcs and goblins lacking organisatory talents, but it seems as if they are remeding that lack(King Obould Many-arrows)

It's true that King Obould isn't the same as the rest of his kin... But that doesn't mean the orcs are becoming more organized anywhere else. He's one orc. An influential orc, certainly, but still just one orc. Once he dies, his kingdom will likely crumble.

He's simply a fluke among his race.

An Orcish Shaka Zulu or Genghis Khan? Hmm, if he has an intelligent enough son (or worse, a few of them who can cooperate) the Silver Marches might find themselves with a big problem on their hands.

I actually find this quote a bit offensive. I hope you didn't mean that Genghis or Shaka Zulu were flukes among their races. Please think before posting, I could cite a dozen examples off the top of my head that would make that real life analogy look silly... which it is.

Moon Elf Ranger

Edited by - reddfox321 on 28 Sep 2007 05:52:29
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  09:31:58  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danyew

According to the underdark book,the gold dwarves have expirenced a baby boom due to the thunder blessings and are moving north(in the underdark).It also appears to be that they have formed an army(the Army of Gold)which happens to clash with the Duergar(the Army of Steel).Just want to know if anyone has heard of anything about this, I did like to know who won. Anyway,I'm placing my bet on the Army of Gold.

Have we not information on this in the GHotR? Me thinks so....... 1383 DR - Year of the Vindicated Warrior: - 'The War of Gold and Gloom comes to an unexpected end'. They unite and together marsh towards Shanatar to reclaim the lost kingdom!

Just wanted to throw this in..........

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 28 Sep 2007 09:34:02
Go to Top of Page

Lord Donnachie
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2008 :  20:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Lord Donnachie's Homepage Send Lord Donnachie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Once he dies, his kingdom will likely crumble.

I have a feeling that the kingdom of dark arrows is here to stay.

how right you are...

Don’t gain the world and lose your soul,
Wisdom is better than silver and gold
Go to Top of Page

ShadezofDis
Senior Scribe

402 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  05:52:21  Show Profile  Visit ShadezofDis's Homepage Send ShadezofDis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Donnachie

quote:

quote:

Once he dies, his kingdom will likely crumble.

I have a feeling that the kingdom of dark arrows is here to stay.

how right you are...

To be fair to Wooly;
There's no real reason, canonically, to suspect that the orc kingdom would last beyond Obould. Obould was always described as an exception to the rule and the very dogma of Gruumsh tends to drive orc culture away from building such a kingdom.

In other words, in order for it to make sense then a Deux Ex Machina nees to come into play. Or Gruumsh needs some retconning. Or because no one really cares about orcs it won't be explained. Or he'll have an uber-bad kid who's teh kick butt orc dude!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2008 :  16:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadezofDis
To be fair to Wooly;
There's no real reason, canonically, to suspect that the orc kingdom would last beyond Obould.

Agreed, and I thought Obould starting a "civilized" kingdom was already a stretch.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000