Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 2005 First Quarter Products
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  04:51:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
While browsing WOTC's site, I saw that the product list for 2005 had been updated.

For the FR, I see we have:

Ancient Empires by Travis Stout in 02/05 (I mentioned this possible product in another thread today).

and under new novels

The Rite by Richard Lee Byers in 01/05 and

Viper's Kiss by Lisa Smedman in 03/05.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 29 Jul 2004 04:56:09

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  05:11:15  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See, I told you that 04 and 05 were going to be good for FR.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  05:14:01  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Ancient Empires, huh. And Ancient Empires. Then we have Ancient Empires. When you get done reading through that you can pick up a copy of Ancient Empires. Man, my bookshelves are gonna be full!

Just in case there's more room on said bookshelves SB, what other 'generic' products do they list for the RPG line?

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  05:50:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin
Just in case there's more room on said bookshelves SB, what other 'generic' products do they list for the RPG line?

Follow the link in the original post and you can see the full list of products. Perhaps even by then, WOTC's web team will have the links to each individual product's page functioning.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  06:05:12  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aghhhh the link to "Ancient empires" takes me back to the WOTC page!

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  06:10:35  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As is so often the case when catalog pages are first updated, all the links return one to the main WotC page, and likely will do for the next day or two. If we're lucky, there will be some more information up by, say, Monday. :)
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  06:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn it

*grabs morning star and goes looking for WOTC Mark*

What the?

Races of EBERRON and Magic of Krynn?!??!?!

Im SURE Ive seen similar names to that for another setting.......

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 29 Jul 2004 06:20:52
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  06:29:25  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peace, goodman Dargoth. A Races of Eberron tome was a foregone conclusion, and The Magic of Krynn isn't a sourcebook; 'tis a novel.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  06:47:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

As is so often the case when catalog pages are first updated, all the links return one to the main WotC page, and likely will do for the next day or two. If we're lucky, there will be some more information up by, say, Monday. :)

This Monday?

It's always nice to meet an optimist.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  06:48:25  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
What the?

Races of EBERRON and Magic of Krynn?!??!?!

Im SURE Ive seen similar names to that for another setting.......

Didn't Greyhawk have some books with similar names?
Go to Top of Page

Alexander Heppe
Seeker

Germany
62 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  08:01:30  Show Profile Send Alexander Heppe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anbody got an idea what "Sandstorm" "Codex Anathema" and "Dagger of Doom" will be about?

Alex
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  08:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So Ancient Empires, huh. And Ancient Empires. Then we have Ancient Empires. When you get done reading through that you can pick up a copy of Ancient Empires. Man, my bookshelves are gonna be full!

Hold on, looks like hammer of Moradin is trying to take the title of Candlekeeps most sarcastic scribe away from Sirius

Thanks for the info Sirius

Yet ANOTHER rerelease of Shandril's Saga!? Hmmmmmmm

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  08:49:14  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Heppe

Anbody got an idea what "Sandstorm" "Codex Anathema" and "Dagger of Doom" will be about?

Alex

Id say its another Enviroment book like Frostburn

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  09:48:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

quote:

Hold on, looks like hammer of Moradin is trying to take the title of Candlekeeps most sarcastic scribe away from Sirius

Taking that title from SB is going to be quite an undertaking, similar to getting Shar and Selűne to play a peaceful game of Monopoly.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alexander Heppe
Seeker

Germany
62 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  09:49:19  Show Profile Send Alexander Heppe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That´s what I guessed as well. Another environment book. I REALLY hope that WotC finally manages to put some more rules, spells, feats and especially PrCs in there. Right now, counting in all the FR-Sourcebooks and Expansions you have just too few options. What really disappoints me is the anouncement of Ancient Empires. Sounds like too much boring backstory for me. Who wants that anyways, huh?

And the "complete" series is about to end after Complete Adventurer? Hopefully they follow up with a "even more complete" series. But by that time they´ll probably have anounced 4th edition...

"Codex Anathema" sounds to me like it would fit in the Draconomicon/Libris Mortis kind of supllement. But "Dagger of Doom"???
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  10:35:21  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That´s what I guessed as well. Another environment book. I REALLY hope that WotC finally manages to put some more rules, spells, feats and especially PrCs in there. Right now, counting in all the FR-Sourcebooks and Expansions you have just too few options. What really disappoints me is the anouncement of Ancient Empires. Sounds like too much boring backstory for me. Who wants that anyways, huh?

And the "complete" series is about to end after Complete Adventurer? Hopefully they follow up with a "even more complete" series. But by that time they´ll probably have anounced 4th edition...

"Codex Anathema" sounds to me like it would fit in the Draconomicon/Libris Mortis kind of supllement. But "Dagger of Doom"???

*Repeatedly Flame strikes Alex until theres nothing left but a chared body*

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  11:27:09  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was disappointed to see the FR novel releases.... theres nothing in the first quarter other than The Rite which is new. Whats with all the reprints of Spellfire, Crown of Fire, Hand of Fire, Silverfall and The Crystal Shard? Are WotC going to reprint the whole backlist?! This is the third time for Shandril's Saga as it is

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Phobos
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  12:07:03  Show Profile  Visit Phobos's Homepage Send Phobos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well there *is* resurrection!
Go to Top of Page

Alexander Heppe
Seeker

Germany
62 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  13:28:14  Show Profile Send Alexander Heppe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*dusts himself off, afterwards kissing his greater ring of energy resistance(fire) *
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  13:33:04  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

*dusts himself off, afterwards kissing his greater ring of energy resistance(fire) *

Unfortuantely for you it was a VILE Flame strike

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  15:29:56  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was disappointed to see the FR novel releases.... theres nothing in the first quarter other than The Rite which is new. Whats with all the reprints of Spellfire, Crown of Fire, Hand of Fire, Silverfall and The Crystal Shard? Are WotC going to reprint the whole backlist?! This is the third time for Shandril's Saga as it is

Yes, I was suprised as well at the large number of reprints bunched together in the first quarter. Anyone know if EG in his thread has commented on these novels being reprinted?
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  16:14:54  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He hasn't; presumably it's just to get them in print as mass market paperbacks, as they should be.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2004 :  17:03:56  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Taking that title from SB is going to be quite an undertaking, similar to getting Shar and Selűne to play a peaceful game of Monopoly.

I'll just stick with facetious for now. Thanks.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.

Edited by - hammer of Moradin on 29 Jul 2004 17:11:33
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  05:19:02  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh boy, someone follow the link now. It seems someone at WOTC might have jumped the gun. The page has been updated, taking everything previously listed down and showing just Races of the Wild again.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  06:54:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Oh boy, someone follow the link now. It seems someone at WOTC might have jumped the gun. The page has been updated, taking everything previously listed down and showing just Races of the Wild again.

*snickers* Bane's boxers! The urge to ret-con things has spread to their website!

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  07:04:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
*snickers* Bane's boxers! The urge to ret-con things has spread to their website!

Now that deserves a
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2004 :  14:54:08  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How mean!

I didn't get a chance to look yesterday.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  03:09:20  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The product page for 2005 has all the the products up again with functioning links.

That's an interesting cover for Resurrection. And I like the cover for Viper's Kiss although I cannot tell who is being featured on it.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  05:43:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ancient Empires looks promising... Codex Anathema: The Book of Aberrations may have potential, as well, but I'll likely wait until I can get that one for a bit cheaper. As far as the novels go, I'm really looking forward to The Rite.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  06:39:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ancient Empires looks promising... Codex Anathema: The Book of Aberrations may have potential, as well, but I'll likely wait until I can get that one for a bit cheaper. As far as the novels go, I'm really looking forward to The Rite.

Ancient Empires and the FR novels are the only things that will be having me spend my cash.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  07:07:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Ancient Empires and the FR novels are the only things that will be having me spend my cash.

Well, the Realms stuff is a given. But if I can snag a copy of Codex Anathema on the cheap, I will. I don't think I'm likely to drop more than $20 on it, though.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000