Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Extinction question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  22:45:38  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I assume this requires a little abstract thought, but...

What exactly becomes extinct in Extinction? I mean, I could argue that Lolth's domination over Hallistra's heart became non-existant, and thus a part of the Spider Queen's monopoly over the souls of all drow became extinct.....but in the previous novels, the titles were referenced to something a bit more tangible.

I guess I missed something...Lisa Smedman's work was incredible, and I ended up flying through it.

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2004 :  22:54:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

I assume this requires a little abstract thought, but...

What exactly becomes extinct in Extinction? I mean, I could argue that Lolth's domination over Hallistra's heart became non-existant, and thus a part of the Spider Queen's monopoly over the souls of all drow became extinct.....but in the previous novels, the titles were referenced to something a bit more tangible.

I guess I missed something...Lisa Smedman's work was incredible, and I ended up flying through it.

Per the jacket for the novel, I took it more as the entire drow race coming to the brink of extinction based on the overall events within the series.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000