Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Just when you thought it was safe...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  23:37:06  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
...to go back into the library, you feel a tugging on your mind, like someone is trying to pull your brain out through your ear. The tugging continues until your senses darken and the tome filled chambers around you fade from sight. Then the darkness fades, or at least recedes, and you find your self in a truely alien and horrific place. Light and colors flash around you that would shame a enclave full of drunken Red Wizards; echoing sounds that must be some fiendish kind of music beat against your ears like Uthgart War Drums, and the scent of alcohol assaults your nose so strongly, you believe it would knock out a Dwarven Battlerager. Around you vaugely humans forms dance wildly, their forms obscured by the disorienting flashes of light and color. As you circle about trying to find a way out of this choatic place that would shame Pandimonium, the dancing crowd parts to reveal a long, polished black bar and a vaugely familiar figure before it.

From across the room the tall and lithe figure of Edain Shadowstar raises a brightly colored drink with a miniature umbrella in it in salute, before taking a drink. At a loss for words, the archmage just smiles, and his voice can be heard echoing in your head over the pounding music, "Welcome to the party! Have a drink." You are a certain you must have gone mad from long hours of study, but just as the scene becomes overwhelming it fades and you are once again in the halls of Candlekeep. You sigh and turn to return to your studies, trying vainly to dismiss what you just saw when the utter and sacred silence of the library is broken by a powerful voice, "HE'S BACK!!!"

After a long hiatus, I am proud to announce my return to the hallowed halls of Candlekeep. Needless to say, real life has been demanding these past few months, and though while I have been checking back in, from time to time, I have been unable to make my unique voice heard. Now, that will change and the universe will eb righted again. So, pull up a chair and have drink, and let the fun begin. Or run fleeing to warn the villagers, either way I'm back.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  23:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gods, I've missed you. Welcome back.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  00:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welocome Back Edain!!

Your quill has been missed by many.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  00:20:51  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would say welcome back, but "hello" seems more appropriate.

So, hello!

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  12:05:43  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shaming Red Wizards and entire planes?! This one must be powerful in his ability to ashame. I will watch my step:

Welcome back to Candlekeep, sir. *Bows deeply* !

Meh. Or I could just be me:

How's it hanging? Never met ya, but nice to meet ya now! *Walks off in dreamworld* !

I know - you choose! (I'm not crazy. Really.)

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000