Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 does anyone know the language of the drows?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dracnor
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  22:20:44  Show Profile  Visit Dracnor's Homepage Send Dracnor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
if anyone knows the language of the drows, dragons, elves, dark latin, or the forgotten language email me with the entire language or post it here. It will be better to email me at Darkface9@yahoo.com

If you know a site where i can find it then that would be sufficent.

thank you in advanced for anyone of the language and you can ask me why i want them at the yahoo address. thanks.

signed by

Dranor aka salaskamoskaus

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  23:16:08  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The drow language is detailed in a 2nd edition Drow of the Underdark by Ed Greenwood.

Officially, in 3rd Edition, drow now use the Elven language (Rich Baker explained to me that the drow dialect does not require an additional language proficiency anymore: a surface elf could understand a drow elf conversation, just like an Englishman could understand an American. There are differences in the expressions they use, the pronunciation, but the language is the same. Same thing apply to other races...)
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  00:15:26  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In addition the Grey Company has crafted a nice site with a translator. Either that or they merely host it.

It's here

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Artalis on 08 Jun 2004 00:23:02
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  17:40:12  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dark latin?

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  01:22:25  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to post up a website that had a complete commom to drow dictionairy but it appears the site has closed down due to inactivity

However, I did save a copy of it from the net so can email it to people or post it somewhere here I suppose.
Let me know

Be well

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  18:12:34  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talwyn - I'm shocked! A fellow Chosen not aware of the sites perks? Disgraceful.

Here is a 'Drow' Translator that works: Chosen of Eilistraee translator

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Dracnor
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  15:31:09  Show Profile  Visit Dracnor's Homepage Send Dracnor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks but now does anyone know where i can find any of the other languages
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  17:09:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dracnor

thanks but now does anyone know where i can find any of the other languages

Again I say, Google is your friend.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  17:20:17  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Dark latin?

It's like normal latin, but wears a lot of black, reads maybe a bit too much Anne Rice, and likes to think it freaks you out, when in actuality you all chuckle about it whilst it goes to the bathroom to apply more black lipstick and eyeliner.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.

Edited by - Capn Charlie on 16 Jun 2004 17:23:59
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  15:56:33  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Talwyn suddenly goes bright red in the face at Sarreles gentle admonishemnt*

"I'm most dreadfully embarrassed. How indeed could I forget the Chosen when I am also a member of that wonderful band of people!?!"

Very amusing about the dark latin Capn Charlie, very drol.

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000