Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Theives Guild of Tilverton
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  18:19:19  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anybody know about Artus Grossman and his company of theives in and around Tilverton? I need some info and back ground on them and the man himself, if possible.

Thanks & Kudos

Ponka! Kaddu!

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  19:51:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's dead, Jim.

Tilverton is no more, so it can be assumed that the thieves guild died with it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  20:51:11  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

He's dead, Jim.

Tilverton is no more, so it can be assumed that the thieves guild died with it.

Well, Realms of Shadow did show there is something left to the city yet. Granted, not much, so you're right, that thieves guild definitely is having problems with their operations at this moment.
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  07:16:00  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see. Dead.

But what about their past exploits? Any good products that give a write up on 'em?

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

Nephilim
Acolyte

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  18:02:51  Show Profile  Visit Nephilim's Homepage Send Nephilim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo's Guide to Cormyr mention the 'Rogues of Tilverton'.

"The Rogues are now the only local outlaw band. The organized Zhentarim and Dragon Cult agents have all been slain or driven out. In recent years, the Rogues did face competition from the sinister Fire Knives, but they have report­edly now all left or been destroyed.
The Knives were linked with the fallen god Moander and dwelt in the town sew­ers. The Rogues inhabit the sewers now, and their group is believed to number over 70 thieves, aided by local merchants. These merchants escape heavy thefts by providing cooperation and information.
The Rogues have been led by the Gross-man family for decades. At present, their leader is the beautiful and wily Lhaerae "the Lithe" Grossman, daughter of the notorious Artur "the Fat Man" (believed deceased). Lhaerae, who possesses incredible dexterity and acting ability played no open part in the Rogues until recently. Instead she used her beauty and wits to infiltrate the local clergy of Gond and then the Cormyrean garrison to gather information for the Rogues — and to gather the occasional gold coin or magical item for herself.
Gahlaerd Mossmere, a researcher of new spells is rumored to aid the Rogues of Tilverton (the local thieves' guild)."

and...
"Grimwald's Revenge.
The Revenge [an inn] is owned by the Rogues of Tilverton, and it earns them a fairly steady income. They use it for meeting caravan masters willing to bring needed supplies and to take away booty that would be too easily recognized so that it can be sold elsewhere. The Revenge is soundproofed and honeycombed with secret panels and passages, allowing Rogues to easily rob paying guests. Be warned!
The inn is named for the threatened vengeance of the wizard Grimwald on those who transformed an unspecified but beautiful creation of his. The revenge threat was that he would turn his ene­mies into frogs and seize their worldly goods. The inn's prices are indeed high, and there are a lot of frogs hopping about, but as far as I know there are no known instances of guests disappearing.
The inn is run by a jovial, cosh-carry­ing thief known as Hasantasser Blood-shoulder. He keeps caged frogs, releasing one to wander whenever the Rogues pull off a major theft. Two frogs with large yellow back-markings have sealed pack­ets of dust of disappearance glued to their bellies for use by Rogues in distress.
My investigations confirm local rumors: All newel and banister knobs in the inn twist off in a certain way to reveal handy storage niches. Each of these holds a dagger, a gar-rote, a black silk face mask and a packet of the vanishing dust used by the Rogues.
The Revenge is connected to the sew­ers by several concealed ways. I'd hate to be a Purple Dragon attacking the place, and I must confess I was uneasy just stay­ing there as a guest. Stay at Grimwald's Revenge at your own risk."

I hope this is useful.

ooops.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  18:27:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nephilim

Volo's Guide to Cormyr mention the 'Rogues of Tilverton'.

Good find Nephilim. The above information is found on pages 197 and 202 for those wishing to look it up.
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  15:26:05  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good stuff! I'll have to leaf through my copy of that book.

By the by, if anyone has the module of the Alias series, that too I believe has some information on the Guild. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've lost those books somehow.

Laters and thanks!

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  15:36:27  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Lord
By the by, if anyone has the module of the Alias series, that too I believe has some information on the Guild. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've lost those books somehow.

Curse of the Azure Bonds? I believe that's the name of the module and novel. I'm uncertain about the information within as I don't think that's an item I have as a PDF.
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  19:36:13  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Curse of the Azure Bonds. Thats the one.

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2004 :  18:06:37  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any info on Artus's daughter? She ends up being mayor of Tilverton (pre-shadovar, obviously).

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2004 :  18:23:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Any info on Artus's daughter? She ends up being mayor of Tilverton (pre-shadovar, obviously).

Lhaerae "the Lithe" Grossman is briefly mentioned in Volo's Guide to Cormyr on page 197. What source made her mayor of the town?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2004 :  18:24:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the Tilverton fans (Is there a bring back Tilverton fan club?) the city gets a brief mention in the latest WOTSQ novel.
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2004 :  20:39:17  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Lhaerae "the Lithe" Grossman is briefly mentioned in Volo's Guide to Cormyr on page 197. What source made her mayor of the town?

Good question, I'll get back to you on that one. Which WOTSQ novel?

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  01:43:32  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Good question, I'll get back to you on that one. Which WOTSQ novel?

The newest one, Annihilation.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  03:52:28  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe Phantom_Lord,

Here is a somewhat decent source with a citation and links:
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Artur_Grossman
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Knives

Best regards,

quote:

Does anybody know about Artus Grossman and his company of theives in and around Tilverton? I need some info and back ground on them and the man himself, if possible.

Thanks & Kudos

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000