Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Conception
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  08:39:30  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Umm, this may sound like a rude question: but when was Xvim the Baneson conceived?

I do know that his mother was a demon or devil and of course his daddy is Bane.

Could anyone tell me the exact date or era?

Thanks

Ponka! Kaddu!

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  09:50:17  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some time between the Fall of Netheril (circa -339DR) and Xvims first appearance in the Realms in Westgate (circa 710DR)

Faithes and Avatars says there are possiable mothers for Xvim a Demon or a Fallen Paladin, persoanally I prefer the later story as its "More Bane" I find it more likely that Bane would corrupt a Paladin (in 3ed we now have a name for a Fallen Paladin ie the Blackguard) that Bane consorting with a Demon, Bane is after all LE and Demons are CE ie they would not get along

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  09:54:23  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, it isn't completely certain that he is the child of a demon. Faiths and Avatars says that the leading rumor is that he is the child of Bane and a greater or true tanari, but that another exists that he is the child of Bane and a fallen paladin. With that sort of uncertainty, it makes pinpointing the exact moment of conception hard.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  10:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dargoth, are you totally sure on that date? Where'd you scavange that up from?

Much thanks and appreciated by the way.

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  19:30:35  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a reference, if you meant Xvim's appearance in Westgate.

I don't know what 2e source its from, though. Cloak and Dagger maybe?

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  19:48:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that document originally appeared on the Wizards website, back in those long ago days when it only updated every now and again... I know I've had that file for over 4 years now.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  15:00:31  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Sarelle.

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2018 :  19:10:45  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Did you ever find that document? I'd be really curious to take a look at that.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I believe that document originally appeared on the Wizards website, back in those long ago days when it only updated every now and again... I know I've had that file for over 4 years now.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2018 :  19:13:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Rupert,

Best regards,

I never lost the document. I said I'd had it for over 4 years at that point.

The document is linked in the post above mine. I think it can still be found on the Wizards site, too, though Lurue only knows where -- they reorganize their entire website every 7 months, whether it needs it or not, and they never bother to update any of the old links.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  00:06:33  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Dang...I completely misread that entire post, haha.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Document in hand! Thank you!

Best regards,

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Rupert,

Best regards,

I never lost the document. I said I'd had it for over 4 years at that point.

The document is linked in the post above mine. I think it can still be found on the Wizards site, too, though Lurue only knows where -- they reorganize their entire website every 7 months, whether it needs it or not, and they never bother to update any of the old links.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  01:28:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a related note, I figured out a way to reconcile the issue with Xvim's mother. It's been said she was a fiend, and it's also been said she was a fallen paladin... I suggest both: a tiefling paladin that fell and was seduced by Bane. When she got pregnant by him, his overwhelming evil nature and divinity caused her tiefling blood to express itself more fully, and she changed from tiefling to fiend.

This is not at all canon and not even hinted at in lore -- it's just something I came up with as a way to have both stories of Xvim's parentage be true.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  03:46:09  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

I think that makes a lot of sense. Throw in a little bit of the story behind the Blood War regarding consumption of particular souls (paladins) and you've got yourself a classic!

Best regards,

quote:

On a related note, I figured out a way to reconcile the issue with Xvim's mother. It's been said she was a fiend, and it's also been said she was a fallen paladin... I suggest both: a tiefling paladin that fell and was seduced by Bane. When she got pregnant by him, his overwhelming evil nature and divinity caused her tiefling blood to express itself more fully, and she changed from tiefling to fiend.

This is not at all canon and not even hinted at in lore -- it's just something I came up with as a way to have both stories of Xvim's parentage be true.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000