Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 3.5 Hustle?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2004 :  18:41:40  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've heard that there are no more partial actions in 3.5 and I was wondering what the psionic ability Hustle from the 3.0 Complete Psionics Handbook would do now? Basically it's a simple little ability that allows an additional partial action.

I have a vested interest in this because I just created a psionic warrior/soulknife who intended to use the hustle/dimensional slide/sneak attack/Attack of Opportunity combo.

I am sure my comprehension of the subject is rather weak since I am an old 2nd Edition ADND player who only fairly recently has converted to 3.0/3.5.

Any help/suggestions on the matter would be highly valued. Thank you.

Artalis

Email

Rabilard
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2004 :  20:11:33  Show Profile  Visit Rabilard's Homepage Send Rabilard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First, to let you know, there is now an Expanded Psionics Handbook for the transition to 3.5. Additionally, Hustler here is: manifests as one swift action (kinda like a free action I gather) granting a single extra move action. So you could move to set up a charge and than charge, or move up to engage and do a full attack. Interestingly it doesn't say it is like haste, so that means you could do a hasted move action, and than do a hasted attack. VERY cool. It costs 3 power points, and has a level of 2.

By heart and hand
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2004 :  20:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artalis, you may wish to poke around the SRD at www.wizards.com/d20 - it's been recently updated with pieces from the XPH.

Edited by - Alaundo on 30 May 2004 22:30:10
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2004 :  23:54:17  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the SRD is really complete now... even with 3.5 gods/godesses abilities (Divine Salient Abilities, etc.) The direct link for the SRD is the following: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  01:16:43  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well to my everlasting surprise I have found that the Soulknife is now a core class and gets no psionic powers other than are related to their blade.

My previous character design is now completely invalidated *sigh*

Now I get to start over from scratch.

Lovely just lovely.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  01:48:36  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

Well to my everlasting surprise I have found that the Soulknife is now a core class and gets no psionic powers other than are related to their blade.

Lovely just lovely.

Well aint the world of WoTC just that, lovely. Good luck Geoff

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  05:56:28  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artalis

Lovely just lovely.

Slightly untrue... Soulknives still have a few psionic abilities because Wild Talent is given at the first level of this PrC. Granted, those abilities are only derived from Psionic Feats, but the list of Psionic Feats is just amazing.

From the SRD:
"WILD TALENT [GENERAL]
Your mind wakes to a previously unrealized talent for psionics.
Benefit: Your latent power of psionics flares to life, conferring upon you the designation of a psionic character. As a psionic character, you gain a reserve of 2 power points and can take psionic feats, metapsionic feats, and psionic item creation feats. You do not, however, gain the ability to manifest powers simply by virtue of having this feat."
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  09:07:06  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was actually really impressed with how they adapted soul knife. I know that has little to no bearing on your character concept, but it was a simply brilliant method of adapting feats and class abilities to simulate a very specialized use of psionics.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000