Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hi all
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nightchill
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  11:32:17  Show Profile  Visit Nightchill's Homepage Send Nightchill a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Although I've been DMing for a long while, I've only recently started a serious attempt at the Realms. In fact, a Welsh friend of mine was planning to run the Realms in our last year of Uni. He bought all the products, started reading through them and then, somehow, never got round to it. I blame mmorpgs for it.

To keep this very brief and chirpy. I'm 23, I graduated from University (of Manchester, UK) with an MPhys in Astrophysics last year and I'm now working quite happily with the particle physics group at said same University - hopefully to begin a PhD this September (fingers crossed!).

I've only started reading the candlekeep.com forums recently. I started from about page 10 and *cough* forgot how old the posts I was reading were and inadvertantly resurrected a few of the oldies. Oops.

Looking forward to leeching the stupendous collection of gathered Realms knowledge from you all :)

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  12:21:05  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Nightchill, i hope you enjoy your stay here.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  15:52:35  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, fellow Britannian!

I live in London, but I make my second home here - see that pile of scrolls in the corner? It doubles as a bed!

Welcome.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  17:32:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  19:36:12  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Hail and Well met to thee, Nightchill.
We welcome thee to the mighty halls of Candlekeep. Any information on the realms, no matter how distant (and it gets pretty distant doesn't it Alaundo?) can be found here, as we are supplied by a few great Fountains of Knowledge, The Sage, Bookwyrm, Lord Rad, and many others... although We don't think of them as people but resources and Wards of the Keep .... Err anyways Welcome to the Keep

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  22:39:13  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nightchill

Although I've been DMing for a long while, I've only recently started a serious attempt at the Realms. In fact, a Welsh friend of mine was planning to run the Realms in our last year of Uni. He bought all the products, started reading through them and then, somehow, never got round to it. I blame mmorpgs for it.

Tell me about it, two friends of mine are stuck in their mmorpgs, I am soon too I reckon once world of warcraft is released.

quote:
To keep this very brief and chirpy. I'm 23, I graduated from University (of Manchester, UK) with an MPhys in Astrophysics last year and I'm now working quite happily with the particle physics group at said same University - hopefully to begin a PhD this September (fingers crossed!).

I've only started reading the candlekeep.com forums recently. I started from about page 10 and *cough* forgot how old the posts I was reading were and inadvertantly resurrected a few of the oldies. Oops.

Looking forward to leeching the stupendous collection of gathered Realms knowledge from you all :)

Any how welcome to Candlekeep, and there is nothing wrong in digging out old scrolls and tomes and enlighten them anew.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  23:34:04  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

My name is Will and I am an MMORPG addict. It has been eight months since I last played one and, <insert deity of your choice> willing, I shall strive one day at a time to fight off their influence on me.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2004 :  10:23:24  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Nightchill and welcome ye to Candlekeep.

Ye will fine many scrolls and tomes of Realmslore herein these chambers. I hope ye find thy time here rewarding and enjoy thy stay

quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal Deimos

Any information on the realms, no matter how distant (and it gets pretty distant doesn't it Alaundo?) can be found here

Why, I oughta.... Ahem, aye, some do insist of bringing in lore of other planes and worlds, still, 'tis all for the greater good of expanding the knowledge.... so they tell me anyway

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 30 May 2004 10:24:21
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2004 :  17:50:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Interesting...

At last, I now have a mind to bounce some of my more eccentric theories about the multiverse, off of.

Oh and, welcome to Candlekeep. May your learning here be free and unfettered...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2004 :  19:20:22  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Artalis wanders in, looking lost and checks a very dented and worn looking pocket watch.*

Late again... *sigh*

Welcome to Candlekeep and wash your hands before touching the scrolls or Alaundo will initiate you into the "Staff" of Candlekeep.

Again, welcome!

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  21:09:33  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're just in time. Alaundo is off to get hitched so some of the rowdier crowd decided to throw a party. Of course I'm only participating to keep everyone in line. **swig, swig**

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000