Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Congrats Arivia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  14:35:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Congrats Arivia on becoming a Senior Scribe. Be sure to ask for a raise for your dedicated work.

I've enjoyed your posts for the content and how classy you always come across. Thank you for making me smile many times when reading something from you.

Keep up the good work Senior Scribe.

SiriusBlack.

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  14:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How class(il)y I come across? Wow-that surprises me, mainly because my tone, in my eyes, has ranged from happy to downright vitriolic(the piece on Dungeon being an example of that). Any examples? Ah, so it is coming across as funny-I wasn't sure if the lighthearted jabs I make at times were being appreciated. I'll try-can't guarantee anything, but I'll try.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  14:51:14  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

How class(il)y I come across? Wow-that surprises me, mainly because my tone, in my eyes, has ranged from happy to downright vitriolic(the piece on Dungeon being an example of that). Any examples?

Take a look at many posts on this board and then at your own. To me, you are very classy. But, hey, maybe it's simply the ones I read.

Regardless, I look at your posts and I feel better....about me. After all, I belong to the same community as you do.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  15:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, now I understand what you mean-my excellent grasp of the English language showing again. I think it also has something to do with the fact that I can be counted as part of the "old guard"-pre-Novels closing scribes. Ah, those were the days...now, we're starting to see them creep in over here. Sorry if I'm sounding insular, or extreme, or something-but Candlekeep has always stood out in my eyes-as opposition to the way things go with WotC-those who prefer the Realms to toe to toe combats with Elminster. It should be interesting to see how the influx will deal with this idea-and what might happen to Candlekeep as a result. I get the same feeling from you-that I'm not the only one raging.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  15:12:06  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Ah, now I understand what you mean-my excellent grasp of the English language showing again.

No problem. Long day? You mentioned something about being free with the summer coming. Did you have exams? Finals? Bad job interview?

quote:

I think it also has something to do with the fact that I can be counted as part of the "old guard"-pre-Novels closing scribes. Ah, those were the days...

You aren't going to break into song now are you with Archie Bunker's voice? Don't worry if you don't get the reference, the show was a bit even before my time.

quote:

but Candlekeep has always stood out in my eyes-as opposition to the way things go with WotC-those who prefer the Realms to toe to toe combats with Elminster. It should be interesting to see how the influx will deal with this idea-and what might happen to Candlekeep as a result. I get the same feeling from you-that I'm not the only one raging.

Not raging, just quietly observing and taking notes on what I see. There are some things I see that make me rage and I try to deal with them privately. For all the good that does.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  15:57:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Congratulations indeed, Arivia, on your promotion to the Chamber of Senior Scribes.

Please, take a seat at your new desk....afore the influx of scrolls and tomes to research arrives to block you in

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  16:18:54  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, congratulations Arivia. Mayhaps Sirius or yourself will take my place during my absence (Finals... ). Now, get to work...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  16:36:03  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, this has provided me with an opportunity to ask you about something regarding the 'scribe title system'. Exactly how many are there? I mean, from the lowliest Novice Scribe to our two resident Masters of Realmslore, what are all the titles?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  16:46:07  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. Congratulations, the title is well-earned.

Enjoy the extra work that Alaundo is sure to pile on your desk.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  18:10:15  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to our humble Seniors room, Arivia Congratulations

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  23:40:00  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Alaundo, this has provided me with an opportunity to ask you about something regarding the 'scribe title system'. Exactly how many are there? I mean, from the lowliest Novice Scribe to our two resident Masters of Realmslore, what are all the titles?

Well met

Oh now that would be telling
As you will see by taking a look around the library, there are the titles of:

New Scribe
Apprentice Scribe
Learned Scribe
Senior Scribe
Master of Realmslore

and...... well maybe we will see if anything else is given when The Sage and Bookwyrm work a little harder

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  14:57:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Work harder...

Do you mean to say that being tied to a desk with magical bonds for 12 hours a day and editing scroll after scroll isn't working hard...

::The Sage spends the next few moments straightening his robes, then, assuming a pose similar to that of the EMH Doctor, he says in a very inane tone, "I'm a scribe, not a slave"...::

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  15:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*groans under the weight*
Thank you all...it makes it seem lighter...
*collapses, but can't touch the floor, chains keeping Arivia's body off the ground*
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  10:22:46  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Arivia. I'm still a long way off.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Fireheart
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  00:13:01  Show Profile Send Fireheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::Echoes Lina:: Me, too.

To be honest, it was your knowledge as well as posting style that made me ask to join your on-line game.

Congratulations.

~Fireheart

I believe in what I see/I believe in what I hear/I believe that what I'm feeling/Changes how the world appears
-Rush "Totem"
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  10:54:01  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the new custom avatar Arivia! It compliments your grey stars! (Which, btw, congrats for)

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  14:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all again.
I was getting tired of the old avatar, to be honest.
Oh, and Sarelle? I prefer silver to gray. Nitpicking, but important nitpicking.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  18:42:18  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Arivia for your raise up in the scribes level.
I agree with Sarelle the new avatar is better.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000