Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Farewell....for a time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  09:44:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met, fellow scribes of Candlekeep.

I will be departing Candlekeep before the current tenday is out, venturing to far away lands for a time...to be made a decent man of by taking the hand of a fair lady as my wife.

I therefore leave you in the capable hands of Tethtoril, whom I hope you will all certainly behave for!

During my absence, there will be no avatar updates. However, if anyone sends in their requests then I will action them upon my return.

So on with your Realmslore studies..... no time to waste

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 31 May 2004 09:45:56

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  09:50:03  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met, fellow scribes of Candlekeep.

I will be departing Candlekeep before the current tenday is out, venturing to far away lands for a time...to be made a decent man of by taking the hand of a fair lady as my wife.

I therefore leave you in the capable hands of Tethtoril, whom I hope you will all certainly behave for!

During my absence, there will be no avatar updates. However, if anyone sends in their requests then I will action them upon my return.

So on with your Realmslore studies..... no time to waste

see you soon Alaundo i hope you enjoy your travel and come back soon.

Ehmmmm.... i don't want to be rude but i sent you a portrait to use as my own. should i send it to tethtoril?

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  09:56:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gion

see you soon Alaundo i hope you enjoy your travel and come back soon.

Ehmmmm.... i don't want to be rude but i sent you a portrait to use as my own. should i send it to tethtoril?

Well met

Thank ye, Gion.
I have just this moment updated your avatar before I read this. Apologies for the delay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  09:58:05  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohh i got it. Thank you very much. I hope you enjoy your temporal retirement, Alaundo and that you'll regard us with your pearls of wisdom soon.

FAREWELL!!! And since the next time our ways met.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  10:35:16  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... good luck on your, honorable quest, Al.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 31 May 2004 20:40:18
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  12:20:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Before I wish you farewell, I would just like to say that Candlekeep is a community, and our collective spirit will be greatly diminished during the period of your absence.

So, farwell, and good journey Alaundo...

May the guiding Winds of Shaundakul see you reach your destination, and guide you safely to your Lady's hand.

I will see you upon your return....

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  14:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish you well in your endeavours, Alaundo. Do not hasten to return; love can and will keep Candlekeep's walls aloft.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  17:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Alaundo

Am I to assume that your Realmslore duties will be neglected whilst your away? OOF!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  17:35:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Alaundo! May your happiness be as bountiful as the lore within these hallowed halls!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Senbar Flay
Learned Scribe

185 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  18:51:45  Show Profile  Visit Senbar Flay's Homepage Send Senbar Flay a Private Message  Reply with Quote

congradulations may your marriage be long and full of life till the end of your days Alaundo.

Imagination is more important than knowledge for knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.- Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  19:10:04  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We's hoping you much luck, in travel and goal.
... Indeed, we hope thy journey is a pleasant one, and that thy journey back is even more-so.
HHHHEEEEYYYYY! Alaundo gone? PARTY
Verily. MWA HA HA HA HA! The Guardian of the Keep is out. Open the Portals to the Planes!
The People's Revolutionary Front of Candlekeep begins it's campaign!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown

Edited by - The Cardinal on 31 May 2004 19:12:22
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  19:12:11  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on joining the legions of doomed er... um blissfully wed

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  19:31:40  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now now Artalis, it ain't that bad... is it?

Anyways, Alaundo, congratulations and all the best to you and your lady. Be sure to spend enough time with her, she might otherwise claim your precious Candlekeep-time in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Tezail
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  19:52:26  Show Profile  Visit Tezail's Homepage Send Tezail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen Teth post for a while, but have fun Alaundo.

Also, Mumadar, haven't seen you around here for a while as well.
Go to Top of Page

Narad Bladesinger
Learned Scribe

Finland
170 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  20:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Narad Bladesinger's Homepage Send Narad Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations and farewell! Candlekeep isn't going anywhere, so take your time.
Go to Top of Page

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  20:44:01  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your nuptials, Master Sage, and may you enjoy a peaceful and joyful time away from the Halls. We'll do our best not to let the drow or the fiends overwhelm the Keep whilst you're away.

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  20:47:07  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye all for the kind words

Oh, and Cardinal, you may want to lower your voice a little within the library.... I haven't yet departed

Indeed I hope to return to find much Realmslore to read through to keep me busy for a time.

Fear not, my Realmslore duties will ne'er be neglected, I have four tomes stacked in a pile at the moment which I will be taking on my travels

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  21:22:11  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Thank ye all for the kind words

Oh, and Cardinal, you may want to lower your voice a little within the library.... I haven't yet departed

Indeed I hope to return to find much Realmslore to read through to keep me busy for a time.

Fear not, my Realmslore duties will ne'er be neglected, I have four tomes stacked in a pile at the moment which I will be taking on my travels

They probably contain ballads of Mintirp and other great bards that Alaundo will sing to his beloved.

Have a nice trip, and don't get back to soon Now where did I put that scroll with the adress for the nice catering firm in Baldur's Gate.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  21:57:49  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Alaundo! The very best of everything to you and yours! We will be there in spirit raising our glasses to toast your happiness.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  22:58:13  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo getting married! Congratulations! Any chance we may see your fair Lady visiting the Halls here after you return?
I was going to ask why we weren't all invited to the wedding but then I had a vision of us all in costume having a merry good time... even though that would be fun I doubt it is what you want for your wedding I'd imagine it being fairly small and quite mainly so you can run off to your honeymoon asap hehe. Well I wish you the best my friend! Ooh when you get back may we have a reception party here at Candlekeep to celebrate?

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  04:12:54  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fear not, Alaundo. When your Lady lets you return, you'll find we'll have kept your desk well-stocked with piles of scrolls. Yes, mounds. Heaps.

I may need the services of a dwarven helper or two . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  08:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Fear not, Alaundo. When your Lady lets you return, you'll find we'll have kept your desk well-stocked with piles of scrolls. Yes, mounds. Heaps.

I may need the services of a dwarven helper or two . . .

Well met

Ohhhh splendid, Bookwyrm, splendid ::rubs hands together with glee::

Indeed my mediaeval roots play a part in the ceremony...dragons, trolls, giants and such are mentioned - I made certain of that

Furthermore, there will be something of the Realms on my person throughout the day also.

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 01 Jun 2004 08:49:49
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  15:07:06  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Dear, Oh dear ... Umm where is that staff. *sigh* *cough*

Just because I do not pop my head from beneath the dust very often does not mean I am not listening and recording ...

Fare thee well Alaundo, I will make sure the walls of Candlekeep and the gates remain firm whilst you are away on your nuptials. Been married myself for eleven years. Why do you think I hide here so long through the day?

Tethtoril

Edited by - Tethtoril on 01 Jun 2004 19:34:59
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  16:51:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye, Tethtoril. Oh how guilty I feel for leaving thee with this rabble

I'm sure they will be on best behaviour though....theres much Realmslore to digest herein to keep them occupied

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:52:02  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarven Wedding Blessing - May her beard never grow shorter than yours.
Congratulations and don't come back too soon.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Jarren Longblade
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  03:57:38  Show Profile  Visit Jarren Longblade's Homepage Send Jarren Longblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on taking the plunge with the rest of us married folk.
Enjoy the day for it is one you shall not forget.

One of the few thing you don't want to hear while deer hunting with your brother-in-law "DUCK"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000