Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 An idea for advancing the realms timeline
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  05:35:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah... Actually Arivia, we may also want to do something like that for 'Barrens' as well. I've been developing some of the ideas we discussed previously, and some alterations on the accepted source details may not be such a bad thing... Especially when it comes to using the Blood War as a basis...

When we next chat, I'll show you what I am talking about.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  10:11:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has the steam run out of this project already, or is everyone simply working on their submissions...?

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  10:38:10  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still very keen, but I'm a bit confused about what is actually happening! I was waiting for some confirmation on others' speculation by Dargoth.

1) Final confirmation - we start in which month of 1372 (or are we back to 1373)?

2) How are we submitting stuff? Here on this, or a specifically created board, submission by idea (in which case I could startstraight away)?

3) How are other people organising theirs? Are you all working on long plot threads? Or are you working - as above - as the time is available/idea comes?

4) Are we including homebrew ideas, and any non-canon material that we wish?

I think that is it...
I'm sorry if this seems repetitive!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  10:53:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it's not repetitive. It's just brought some of the lesser answered questions back into focus. Here's my (somewhat limited) thoughts regarding these questions -

quote:
1) Final confirmation - we start in which month of 1372 (or are we back to 1373)?
I believe nearly everyone involved has (to some degree) agreed on starting in 1372 DR.

quote:
2) How are we submitting stuff? Here on this, or a specifically created board, submission by idea (in which case I could startstraight away)?

I think the best idea here, is to simply create one scroll for your own submissions. Simply label it Current Clack - Dragon Coast, which is what my scroll would be titled when I starting posting material based on the Dragon Coast region. If other scribes are also responsible for that area, or adjacent regions, they may also post there works in these scrolls as well.

quote:
3) How are other people organising theirs? Are you all working on long plot threads? Or are you working - as above - as the time is available/idea comes?

It's a little of both actually. While I have a relatively long plot, it's constantly evolving as new material is released.

quote:
4) Are we including homebrew ideas, and any non-canon material that we wish?

I think we agreed that so long as the non-canon ideas do not conflict with established "official" material, then it can also be included.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  11:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Has the steam run out of this project already, or is everyone simply working on their submissions...?

I'm still at buried. Give me some time...please...
Go to Top of Page

Brother Ezra
Learned Scribe

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  13:50:29  Show Profile  Visit Brother Ezra's Homepage Send Brother Ezra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In order to keep the focus on this project, can we agree to a deadline for first submissions? I don't believe we would have to present something for every area under our control, but a little bit of lore for each nation/area might be enough to get us started. Would everyone be agreeable to a submission date of June 20th?

A few more clarifying questions though:
1. In what section of the boards do we want to post our "Current Clack" submissions?
2. Do we want Wooly Rupert to edit for spelling, grammar, etc prior to submission? What about anyone to check for adherence to canon lore?
3. Are we agreed that we'll submit once a month; i.e. "Current Clack: Bloodstone Lands, Kythorn 1372"?

"Suffering is the touchstone of all spiritual growth."
-St. Sollars the Twice-Martyred
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  14:13:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... interesting questions.

quote:
In what section of the boards do we want to post our "Current Clack" submissions?
I'm thinking that the Adventuring section would probably be best. Maybe Tethtoril has some thoughts on this...?

quote:
Do we want Wooly Rupert to edit for spelling, grammar, etc prior to submission? What about anyone to check for adherence to canon lore?

I think I said something about helping out with the editing duties, along with Arivia and Wooly. As for the correlation with Realmslore and the like, perhaps the editors should be responsible for that also.

quote:
Are we agreed that we'll submit once a month; i.e. "Current Clack: Bloodstone Lands, Kythorn 1372"?
Once a month is the best option I've seen (wait, it's the only option I've seen ). Although, perhaps we should keep this open since some scribes may have more to post that others. Maybe it should be a "once a month" submission minimum.

Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  15:25:48  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*leans head on the top of his staff*

I am of the mind to collate the material submitted into its own area in the Campaign Journals section. It truly does not 'fit' any of the current categories.

A suggestion about submission times, if you are going to make this a long-term project. Perhaps your submission time should come in advance of site updates by a week or so. That way it can be doublechecked for such minor things like ... continuity of web appearance.

Off again, must continue wandering, I've been lax the last two days and it shows.

Tethtoril

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  20:35:14  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for answering the questions Sage. I feel somewhat less confused, and will try to begin soon.

Three more (minor) questions before I get the whole picture though:

1) Any particular month in 1372? Or is that up to us?

2) Is it month-by-month in real-world terms as well as FR (as in we submit Kythorn 1272 in July, Flamerule in August etc.)?

3) Would it be possible to start it at the very beginning of July, or at least late June? I still am swamped by exams (and its more a case of emotionally than actual time constraints, though there are plenty of those too), but will be able to totally commit once they are over.

Thanks.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000