Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Tsunroon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bookworm
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2024 :  14:33:54  Show Profile Send Bookworm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
From Dragon #158 -

Elminster said, “Ye knew Tsunroon, did ye not?”
Mordenkainen replied, “Tsunroon the Traveler? The one who had a tower in the Drachensgrab Hills, and blasted it to dust when his apprentices tried to rob him, with them inside?”
“Aye. Ye know he went walking the worlds for a time, after that?”
Mordenkainen nodded. “He’s back in the Flanaess now, around Niole Dra.”
Elminster sucked on his pipe. “Aye. Not surprising he’s scuttled for home. He ran afoul of the Alhoon in the Realms not long ago.”

Is there any additional info. on Tsunroon? Do you have any speculations?

Thank you for your assistance.

TBeholder
Great Reader

2392 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2024 :  07:39:01  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookworm

From Dragon #158 -
. . .
Is there any additional info. on Tsunroon? Do you have any speculations?

The article was Greenwood's, the character in question was from Greyhawk. And there's an old rule of writing in shared universe: no touching other people's characters. Fairly obvious, between politeness and consistency. As an illustration, WotSQ series ran into this very pitfall once the corporate bureaucrats decided they know better and common sense was discarded completely.
Besides, he was a planewalker, which suggests having fame in much narrower circles than usual for wizards of comparable power level.
So, most likely nothing outside that article.

P.S.: Also, the Wizards Three series are disqualified from main continuity due to drow Dalamar.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 08 May 2024 04:43:15
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2024 :  19:17:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dalamar wasn't a drow. Krynn didn't have them. Dark elves were simply outcast regular elves.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2392 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2024 :  00:11:51  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Dalamar wasn't a drow. Krynn didn't have them. Dark elves were simply outcast regular elves.

Right, by now this joke may need an explanation.
For those who want details, see that thread on The Wizards Three. My point is that seeing how those articles (as edited and published) blatantly do not mix with well-established continuity (and then apparently Ed just ran with it), they are compromised as a source of lore anyway.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

bloodtide_the_red
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2024 :  06:19:15  Show Profile  Visit bloodtide_the_red's Homepage Send bloodtide_the_red a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm fairly sure Ed made up Tsunroon the Traveler. He is not in any GH book or on the GH wiki. You could always try asking Ed and see if he has more...
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2447 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2024 :  18:27:11  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For a moment I thought it was another Manshoon clone, lol

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000