Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Asherati
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2023 :  21:13:04  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The asherati of the 3.5e Sandstorm were a pretty interesting race. As far as I know they haven’t appeared anywhere officially except in Eberron.

They’re a pretty darn unique and cool concept. Do you see anywhere for them in the Realms? I mean, I guess Anauroch is the obvious answer but why? A Netherese enclave that survived but changed? A phaerimm experiment on humanity fooled into believing the were created by a god? Maybe A’tar instead of the one mentioned in Sandstorm?

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2023 :  11:22:17  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like those possibilities, though I think I prefer the phaerimm one. (The Netheril one would make sense too--probably a bit more sense--but I'm just a bit Netheril-ed out.)

Another possibility I thought of is that when Abeir-Toril was briefly a thing, perhaps the Asherati were native to the desert-y parts of not-Faerun, some migrated to Faerun, and then got stuck there when the worlds broke apart again. I don't know a lot about Abeir, whether there were/are deserts there--if so, maybe some asherati migrated from there to Anauroch somehow? Or maybe they migrated from Zakhara's High Desert?

Anauroch is the obvious example on Faerun, but where else is sandy/"dune-y" enough for asherati? The Calim Desert?

Edited by - Cosmar on 19 Dec 2023 11:29:57
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2023 :  22:54:57  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh I like that. So a similar origin story to Dragonborn and how they got here. I don’t think Abeir is that developed that we could say if it has major deserts or not but I’d assume it does.

Also this way the asherati creation god could be a hitherto unknown primordial instead.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11700 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2023 :  23:33:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'd say that origins in Abeir would work as one of the better options. Another would be having them actually be on the planet closest to the sun.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000