Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome our new Journals Scribe - Tethtoril
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  11:31:19  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

Fellow scribes, I hereby announce the arrival of a new Head Scribe here at Candlekeep.... Welcome, Tethtoril, to the great library of the Realms .

Tethtoril will be here at Candlekeep on a permanent basis to help me with the task of keeping you scribes in order , and to help arrange the many scrolls herein. Equiped with a staff of the irritated moderator +2, i'm sure you will all be on your best behaviour

As well as this task, Tethtoril will also be working as a Journals scribe within the library and also resurrecting the Fellaren-Krae project.

So, once again....Welcome Tethtoril, to Candlekeep. ::applause::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  11:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::Chirp-chirp::

::Chirp-chirp::

"Hmm?" The Bookwyrm pokes his head out from behind a large tome. "Oh? I see. Yes, welcome, I guess . . . ." He returns to his reading, but not before he adds "You've your work cut out for you -- some of these scribes show no respect at all these days . . . ."

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  11:44:27  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a new scribe - so I don't know why I'd be happy there is anew person 'keeping me in order'. But...

*Joins applause!*

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 17 May 2004 11:45:23
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  11:53:44  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome and glad to have you.

Wont likely have much traffic with you, but its good you're hear to help poor Alaundo with the massive work load

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  15:08:40  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:: pictures The Sage cowering under a Dragonlance tome whilst getting a beating from Alaundo on one side, and fending off Tethtorils staff on the other side with a Planescape book::

Welcome Tethtoril, you have nothing to worry about from me...im always on best behaviour

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 17 May 2004 15:09:02
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  15:51:26  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More rules, more laws, more enforcers. I like it.
Don't be afraid to beat someone into submission.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  16:15:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw, man, someone else to keep me in line? That's not good...

"Help, help, I'm being oppressed! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  21:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*sleepwalks in* Night all-too tired to do anything today...Oh, there's someone new? Welcome and all that routine. *sleepwalks out*
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  23:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met!

My, my such an overwhelmingly *cough* excited welcome.

Aye, I be well-versed with the irritated moderator staff +2 Alaundo, Thankee. So before any of you oldies think I be a newbie - heed the warning. Though I be soft spoken and hide my head in dusty tomes, I get a few hours practice a day.

::shakes fingers to wake them up from scribing::

Indeed my work has been laid before me and now I must nose to the book again. I anticipate a long and rewarding stay. Here's to the knowledge left undiscovered and the preservation of what has passed!!

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  01:31:41  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, greetings and welcome.... We art glad that thou hath come to this mighty keep... although I hope Alaundo's paying thee hazard pay

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  01:45:46  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, welcome indeed. You don't happen to make cookies do you? Frey was a real treat to have around making cookies and serving milk in the late watches of the night. Not that it is a main criteria around here any way. Ah those where the days... I'll just shut my japper for now.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  11:28:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Ahh, Tethtoril, I see you have met a number of scribes already. Splendid

No more cookies, Hymn Not since I was finding crumbs crushed within the pages of many tomes.

...although the Cardinal has proved to be excellent with a broom of late Maybe one cookie wont hurt

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  16:27:04  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't Tethtoril an existing scribe? But nonetheless, welcome...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  21:10:14  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye Shadowlord. But as with any great figure there are several incarnations.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2004 :  23:31:13  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, welcome!

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

Yoshimo
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  15:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Yoshimo's Homepage Send Yoshimo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So des na? Be doubley careful; I'm sure all manners of stupid mousetraps await our toes in the dark. Yoshimo bids thee welcome from Kara-Tur and back. Keep a sharp eye, for many a trap have I set within Candlekeep for those dirty pests we name thieves. We would not like Candlekeep's tomes to be procured from its vast libraries, would we?
*Produces an inward smile involving his secretive background*

May the light of Selune light your path and Olidammara guide your footsteps ~Shadow Thief Motto
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  11:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard. I'm sure Alaundo is happy that he's now got someone else to push around share the workload.

I see that Alaundo gave you the staff of the irritated moderator +2 to "keep us in line", but you don't have anything to worry about me cause "I'm a good girl." If you ask me he's holding out on you. From time to time he lends out the staff of the irritated moderator +5 to deal with major problems.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  12:43:33  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

If you ask me he's holding out on you. From time to time he lends out the staff of the irritated moderator +5 to deal with major problems.

Bah! Who needs the staff +5? I've got a feather duster and it works even better. Gets rid of dust and is much easier on the books and the scribes (when they get hit with it).

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  15:08:13  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tethtoril

quote:
Originally posted by Lina

If you ask me he's holding out on you. From time to time he lends out the staff of the irritated moderator +5 to deal with major problems.

Bah! Who needs the staff +5? I've got a feather duster and it works even better. Gets rid of dust and is much easier on the books and the scribes (when they get hit with it).

Feather duster huh? Ouch that's gonna hurt.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  15:14:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

:: pictures The Sage cowering under a Dragonlance tome whilst getting a beating from Alaundo on one side, and fending off Tethtorils staff on the other side with a Planescape book::

Don't forget my discussions about Eberron. I've received liberal beatings for that . It's probably why I've been stationed down here in the dungeons, and have several chains keeping me "connected" to my desk...

I'm so lonely, but all I really want right now, is to see the sun...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  17:39:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

Don't forget my discussions about Eberron. I've received liberal beatings for that . It's probably why I've been stationed down here in the dungeons, and have several chains keeping me "connected" to my desk...

I'm so lonely, but all I really want right now, is to see the sun...

The real sun, or one that's Dark?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  09:21:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you suggesting I'm some kind of closet Cyric worshipper, Wooly?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  15:54:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Are you suggesting I'm some kind of closet Cyric worshipper, Wooly?

Oh, no, not that. I was just hoping that our esteemed Sage was keeping to the Realmslore, and not ranging further afield.

Not that there's anything wrong with Cyric worshippers (other than being a bunch of evil gits!)...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000