Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 New
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dark_Elven_Priest
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  03:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Dark_Elven_Priest's Homepage Send Dark_Elven_Priest a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Im new but not to being a Faerun fan or new to forums.
i saw this and i was telling myself i had to join.
i love anything Forgotten Realms novel though i want to
play D&D and forgotten Realms games. i've played only baldurs
gate 1 for gamecube. i've read all of r.a. salvatores drizzt novels except for the side store cleric quintet which i still will read someday (i am trying to get all the books in the huge serieses in hardcover collectors editions) and Starlight and Shadows trilogy by Elaine Cunningham. not a whole lot of forgotten realms yet. i have the first 3 of war of the spider queen, lisa smedmans 1st book in house of serpants, avatar series book 1, and i am working on geting the Eliminster series soon cause it looks great. is it worth collecting all the books? well its forgotten realms so i'll buy em all. Elaine Cunningham is and excellent writer and i hated that Starlight and Shadows ended. should have been atleast another book to it.

There are those who think and those who dream but i for one refuse to choose between the two!-Lirael Baenre

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  04:20:36  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

You have found a safe haven for Realmslore and discussion within these fine walls. Many, many helpful scribes are available to guide you into your indoctrination. Enjoy your stay and if you have questions, do not be afraid to ask.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  04:38:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  04:42:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Dark Elven Priest to Candlekeep.

I think you'll enjoy the novels forum where you'll see some threads for the authors you mentioned.

Take a look around and see what you think of the forum. The search feature is a great tool if you are looking for a certain topic.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions and enjoy your stay.

Sirius Black
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  05:08:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Dark_Elven .

I am the Sage, a master of Realmslore here at Candlekeep. Are you in any way related to the 'Dark Elven Priest' who recently joined the EN World forums a week past?

Anyway, please partake of the myriad scrolls contained within. I hope that all your learning here will be free and unfettered.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  10:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Dark_Elven_Priest, and welcome ye to Candlekeep.

I hope you find your stay here very pleasant and useful. I'm sure you will find much Realmslore to keep you occupied for quite some time.

If you require any assistance then please holler (not too loud though, this is a library after all )

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 03 Jul 2004 10:51:15
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  11:03:40  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard!

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  19:07:49  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

Feel welcome to draw up a chair and pull out a scroll!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Senbar Flay
Learned Scribe

185 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  19:23:20  Show Profile  Visit Senbar Flay's Homepage Send Senbar Flay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome dark elven priest to candlkeep may tou find all the knowlede you seek. i am sure the many scribes will help where they can.!!

Imagination is more important than knowledge for knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.- Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Lady
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  22:15:02  Show Profile  Visit Lady's Homepage Send Lady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met! I am Lady. I'm new too just arrived oh about a week ago. Just wanted to say hello!
Lady
Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2004 :  02:18:54  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, may your stay be both pleasant and full of learning.

K

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2004 :  04:20:53  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met.... I also have read many FR books but have not played D&D. You really need to read the Cleric Quinet trilogy... it is really good. Anyway have a plesant stay in Candlekeep, and perhaps we will become good friends in the near future.
Good day

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000