Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 She's back... Quick, HIDE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  11:25:51  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just thought I'd pop in to say hi to everyone. There's heaps of scrolls to go through. Arghhh!

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  12:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*tumbles behind desk*
Nice to see you're back.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  12:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Back, Lina. Plenty to do, I hope it isn't overwhelming.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  15:40:07  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Lina. Glad you returned.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  16:00:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back!

-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  20:13:12  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back

and

Pleased to meet you!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  20:53:27  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  21:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, and hello.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2004 :  11:49:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Just thought I'd pop in to say hi to everyone. There's heaps of scrolls to go through. Arghhh!

Come now Lina... Perth is not that exciting. Hopefully you have an adequate excuse for your absence, at least something more interesting than your tales about adventuring through the backways of this city...

Kidding aside, I'm glad to see you're back . Now, as Alaundo would say... Get back to work!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2004 :  13:46:08  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's no need to be so harsh Sage. We have Alaundo for that...

I'm glad to see you're back at Candlekeep as well, Lina. Even if I can't seem to recall ever actually talking to you...

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2004 :  16:11:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

There's no need to be so harsh Sage. We have Alaundo for that...

I'm glad to see you're back at Candlekeep as well, Lina. Even if I can't seem to recall ever actually talking to you...

Why I oughta!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  01:22:22  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Come now Lina... Perth is not that exciting. Hopefully you have an adequate excuse for your absence, at least something more interesting than your tales about adventuring through the backways of this city...

Hi Lina,

another scribe from Perth then. Good to see you.

Sage, Perth isn't that dull: why only yesterday, savage sea monsters were terrorizing the inhabitants of the sleepy village of Gracetown (man killed by 5 meter shark)

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  03:56:49  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the time you work through all those scrolls you'll have to pop back in to say hi again.
Pleased to meet you!

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  05:37:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talwyn

quote:

quote:

Hi Lina,

another scribe from Perth then. Good to see you.

Sage, Perth isn't that dull: why only yesterday, savage sea monsters were terrorizing the inhabitants of the sleepy village of Gracetown (man killed by 5 meter shark)

That was here, in Perth... Perhaps I should start watching the local news cast again...

I'd heard about the savage sea monsters, but I had no idea they killed a villager... Was he a local?

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  13:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone.

Comments much appreciated.

Except for Sage's. You know there is a whole world out there other than Perth just waiting to be explored which was where I disappeared to (not the whole world which is a shame , three countries is close enough though).

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  14:33:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Except for Sage's. You know there is a whole world out there other than Perth just waiting to be explored which was where I disappeared to (not the whole world which is a shame , three countries is close enough though).

Well then...consider this gnome, embarassed...

Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  15:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well then...consider this gnome, embarassed...

Don't feel too bad Sage. We all make mistakes, some more than others, but I'll forgive you this time round.

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2004 :  15:16:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me? What are you talking about... I never make mustokes mistakes...

Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  14:50:21  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[/quote]

"That was here, in Perth... Perhaps I should start watching the local news cast again...

I'd heard about the savage sea monsters, but I had no idea they killed a villager... Was he a local?"

In answer to your question, yes the guy who was killed was from Perth but was surfing down at Gracetown, near Margaret River (the most fantasic place in the State!)

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Talwyn on 12 Jul 2004 14:58:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000