Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dagger Falls
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YRM
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  16:56:09  Show Profile  Visit YRM's Homepage Send YRM a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I'm planning a new campaign based out of Dagger Falls, starting in the winter of the year after the current date of the timeline in the PGTF. I think it's '73, but I don't have my books in front of me.

Anyway, I'm building a section of the town of Dagger falls on a miniature table (with Hirst Arts blocks), and creating a huge number of NPCs and potential plots in advance. Randal Morn, for example, is an NPC that I have ready to go.

I've also built the well known temple of Lathander in Dagger falls.

Other than the information on Dagger Falls in the FRCS, does anyone know anything else about this area? Were there any books or modules published involving this area that might help me in fleshing out the town, or staying as accurate as possible?

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  17:07:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YRM

Hi all,

I'm planning a new campaign based out of Dagger Falls, starting in the winter of the year after the current date of the timeline in the PGTF. I think it's '73, but I don't have my books in front of me.

The PGTF brought the timeline up to Kythorn 1 in 1373, The Year of Rogue Dragons. Richard Lee Byers' last novel advanced the timeline all the way to Greengrass in 1373.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  17:20:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YRM
Other than the information on Dagger Falls in the FRCS, does anyone know anything else about this area? Were there any books or modules published involving this area that might help me in fleshing out the town, or staying as accurate as possible?

Two products immediately come to mind that should help you flesh out the town.

The Dalelands by L. Richard Baker III contains a couple of pages discussing Dagger Falls.

Volo's Guide to the Dalelands by Ed Greenwood contains several pages focusing on Dagger Falls including a map for the village.

I believe one if not both can be downloaded for free from WOTC's site.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/downloads

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 10 May 2004 18:10:16
Go to Top of Page

YRM
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  21:30:43  Show Profile  Visit YRM's Homepage Send YRM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'm downloading Volo's Guide to the Dalelands. I doubt the map will be 100% useful, as I have some space/dimension constraints, but I may be able to add a key building or NPC and improve the realism. Thanks again.

I have another question that maybe you'll be able to answer. One of my player's PCs is from the Silver Marches. We're trying to create accurate histories based on the actual timeline, but none of us knows the full Mithril Hall series of events.

Do you?

For example, what year does "The Thousand Orcs" take place, or "The Lone Drow"?

I know the Mithril Hall vs House Baenre battle occured over and around the Time of Troubles, but, I'm not sure of the full breadth of years. As far as I can tell, Wulfgar and Cattie Brie are starting to hit the middle age years at least.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2004 :  22:57:21  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The "City of the Spider Queen" (CotSQ) mega-adventure starts in Dagger Falls, so there is a short city description in it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000