Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Forgotten Realms vs The MCU
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  03:25:53  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Delete Topic
The movies are not the comics. The comics are not the series.

In FR it seems the same. Many people on here punished CEV in a unfair way. He was wild and progressive. Unruly and chaotic in a defensive way. I get it. Most of his stuff was weird and cool, but irregular and breaking. I dismiss many of his things and ideologies. For instance... His elf ears were long and pointed like the fey. My elves have shorter ears like Tolkien.

One adventure to party A, means nothing to Party B which plays the same module on the same timeline. So his ideas are completely plausible.

I guess, just please stop being the cancel culture that you have been. I am actually scared to post anything on these boards, because I am afraid that the mods and locals will shred me.

Speaking of... The Bladesinger of Diffan on these boards was the best Bladesinger I've yet to see. Balanced and worthy of play.

Diffan... your Bladesinger is a truly balanced prc. Since when is a Gish pc a bad one?

Cev's Hoodwinker prc is phenomenal. Gish in a divine way.

What about the Mischiefmaker prc? cev took a 2ED specialty class and turned it 3.5. Not too shabby. Also a gish NPC, just a divine one.

Actually less powerful than many prc's that are canon. Again, I think of Diffan.... That person created so many pristigue classes and templates and races that it makes my head spin outside the bounds of canon D&D. Sorry, but I am a fan of Diffan and all his works.

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  03:39:01  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message
-Dude.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  04:08:25  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Dude.

Yes? Do you have some micro-managing thing to say? Can we not all of us summon a world in the canon timeline that doesn't fit yours? Is that allowed Lord Karsus?
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
753 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  04:14:44  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message

In one of the last in a series of increasingly unhinged rants and ravings before the moderation here thankfully deleted the thread and banned Copper Elven Vampire, CEV/Archfey of Debauchery/King Libertine made a post in which they threatened to gather their "THOUSANDS OF FOLLOWERS" on their "NATIONWIDE PODCAST" and unleash their fury upon Candlekeep dot com.

Sometimes I think of this.

And I laugh.

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  04:29:21  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Dude.

I dig the Elves of Faerun links you display... but do you think it's right? If that was Canon it would have been published by TSR by now.

But yet it's not. Meaning your personal ideology is different than anothers. So why ridicule a free thinker like Diffan or cev? As far as I can count... Their stuff is pretty on spot. prc's created in balanced game mechanics, and cev's history of the elves is as much plausible as Elaine Cunningham's version. Not canon, but absolute for his FR world.

Is he a homophobic when he sees a dryad fall in love with another Dryad? When his Feeorin Fey male mates with a Nymph, does that make him a homophobic because that particular fey prefers woman entities?

I say free Diffan and cev. Stop being micro-managing mods. Or Micro-managing locals. At some point, your ideas that made you hate these people, will inevitability be thrown in your own faces.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2021 :  04:47:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

I say free Diffan and cev. Stop being micro-managing mods. Or Micro-managing locals. At some point, your ideas that made you hate these people, will inevitability be thrown in your own faces.

You know what? If someone wants to throw in my face the idea that homophobia is bad, I'm fine with it. You'll never convince me that treating people fairly is a bad thing.

I don't hate CEV. I pity him.

And though I'm sure you'll accuse me of micro-managing, this whole discussion is clearly about allowing you to continue posting as CEV. It ain't happening. Just stop it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 31 Jul 2021 04:48:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000