Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Links for free D&D/FR material
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  21:04:00  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Many people have asked for free material here. Well, free is good -- usually. In this case, I'd like to offer a list of materials available for free download, which anyone with an Internet connection and a hard drive and/or printer can use.

Feel free, of course, to post your own links; that's the whole point. However, be advised that there are rules. First, if it's official material, you must be certain that it is actually free, and not a bootleg copy. You want to play pirate, fine; don't get Candlekeep involved. Second, if it's unofficial material, then say so.

First, there is the quintessential free download page from the Wizards of the Coast website. This is mostly second edition material, but Realmslore doesn't change. Additionally, getting older core material can lend insights on how to roleplay more effectively.

Next, there's the D&D 3.5e System Reference Document, also from WotC. However, I strongly advise you use this version instead. Not only is it more official-looking than the official version, it's also cross-indexed by way of hyperlinks.

Finally, there's a D&D page at Crystal Keep, which has both 3e and 3.5e information, including an index (but not an actual copy) of PrCs, a full list of 3e feats (D&D and d20), and skills. Every such list is cited to an official document.

I hope this list is useful to you, and I'll have others available later.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.

Edited by - Alaundo on 12 Apr 2004 23:26:34

Magic Matt
Seeker

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2004 :  00:02:13  Show Profile  Visit Magic Matt's Homepage Send Magic Matt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information Bookwyrm, a where to find stuff on the Net should be a permanent topic, just like those reserved for the Authors.

"You had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war."
-Winston Churchill- (to Neville Chamberlain)

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
-William Shakespeare, "As You Like It", Act 5 scene 1

He who will not reason is a bigot. He who cannot is a fool. and he who dares not is a slave.
-Sir William Drummond-
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2004 :  04:55:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, a worthy idea.

I'll post some of my own links shortly.

Oh, and I glad you mentioned systemreferencedocument.org's version of the SRD Bookwyrm. I'd been meaning to bring it up here for some time, since it is the more superior version, what with all it's search functions and better formatting.

I also believe there is now a complete version available for download in PDF format as well...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2004 :  04:59:06  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'll try to post some links of my own, sometime in the near future, however, I still have many tasks to complete, so I may be a while, as usual... *Sigh*

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000