Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 FR MMORPG?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2004 :  03:38:36  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Though it eludes me now, I remember reading somewhere (I believe on an online gaming site) that there was an upcoming MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online RPG) set in the Forgotten Realms in the works. Has anyone else heard about this or have any more information?

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2004 :  06:37:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

Though it eludes me now, I remember reading somewhere (I believe on an online gaming site) that there was an upcoming MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online RPG) set in the Forgotten Realms in the works. Has anyone else heard about this or have any more information?

Isn't that Neverwinter Nights?

http://nwn.bioware.com/

Additionally, I seem to recall a recent Gaming Report article about a new FR based game. That might be the one you are mentioning. If so, there's a thread on the board detailing the information.

Here's a link from the thread I mentioned. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/forgottenrealmsdemonstone/preview_6091753.html

Don't recall it being MMORPG, but that's the newest computer game based on FR that I've heard of.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 07 Apr 2004 06:49:18
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2004 :  07:16:42  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know not if this is a FR MMORPG or a D&D MMORPG, but I know there is one of them coming soon. I posted an interview recently, here is the relevant link:

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2090

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2004 :  15:11:44  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks MuadDib yours looked the most promising. I sure hope they make Forgotten Realms the setting and of course include ALL of the races and prestige classes. I know that would be a ton of work especially to make graphics and animations for each of the races but it would be well worth it for the huge depth in character customization. I wish I could make my own game I have tons of ideas for a really fun MMORPG set it the Forgotten Realms but no way to impliment them. I'm not a programmer, I'm just a dreamer with a head full of ideas :p

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Elmonster
Acolyte

Russia
49 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  08:20:36  Show Profile  Visit Elmonster's Homepage Send Elmonster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't think that FR MMORPG is a good idea. Another hack and slash online rpg?? I'd like a single-player, story-oriented RPG - smth like Baldur's Gate or even like Eye of Beholder...

I wished on the seven sisters
Bring me the wisdom of the age
All that's locked within the book of secrets
I longed for the knowledge of the sage...

Fires at Midnight, Blackmore's Night
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2004 :  15:07:05  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elmonster

Don't think that FR MMORPG is a good idea. Another hack and slash online rpg?? I'd like a single-player, story-oriented RPG - smth like Baldur's Gate or even like Eye of Beholder...

Oh no Elmonster this would not be another hack-n-slash game please read this thread http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2182 and give some of your own ideas :)

~Lee N.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000