Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Forgotten Realms Designers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2004 :  18:47:48  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

...And here I am again, with yet another question for Sage Schend! As usual, this one simply wandered up from the depths of my mind recently...

Page 33 of the Campaign Guide of the City of Splendors boxed set mentions that on 22 Mirtul, 1367, the Cliffwatch Inn in the North Ward was engulfed in magical explosions that entirely consumed the Inn. Afterwards, the site was walled off and kept under surveillance by the Guard.

So, my question is, does anyone know what happened there, and what is the current status of that site?

There are probably a few who know what happened there, and not nearly as many who claim to know. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Khelben and his lady and Maskar Wands know the truth of the matter, but they don't discuss it for whatever reason.

As for its current status, I've not trod the cobbles of the City for a while, so that's a question best directed at Ed or Elaine or even Eric Boyd.

If it were up to me to guess, I'd say the property is rebuilt, but whether or not it's the same owners or still an inn is questionable, as few could afford to rebuild over the crater.

For that matter, perhaps it's a new sunken theater ala the open-air theaters of the Greeks? As usual, it's your Realms and what you do with it will not have the Thought Police descending upon you...

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Gerath Hoan
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  18:59:59  Show Profile Send Gerath Hoan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if i'm posting in the right place by doing this, but i was curious to the answer of this. If there's a better place to be asking, by all means point me in the right direction.

Now, the question itself is: What is Wizard's current ruling on alignment restrictions and choice of deity for characters who are NOT divine spellcasters? The FRCS implies the one-step rule still applies, yet i'm sure i've read contradictory statements elsewhere. Anything that clears this mystery up would be swell.

Oh, and also, i remember reading something to the effect that Druids and Rangers now offically (with the advent of 3.5) gain their spells from the power of nature itself, so at least in the case of Rangers their deity choices are now relaxed and can include non-nature deities... again, am i correct in thinking this?

Knight of the Order of the Keen Eye - Granted by Ed Greenwood, 30th January 2005

Edited by - Gerath Hoan on 18 May 2004 19:05:17
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  19:08:11  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerath Hoan

I don't know if i'm posting in the right place by doing this, but i was curious to the answer of this. If there's a better place to be asking, by all means point me in the right direction.

Now, the question itself is: What is Wizard's current ruling on alignment restrictions and choice of deity for characters who are NOT divine spellcasters? The FRCS implies the one-step rule still applies, yet i'm sure i've read contradictory statements elsewhere. Anything that clears this mystery up would be swell.

Oh, and also, i remember reading something to the effect that Druids and Rangers now offically (with the advent of 3.5) gain their spells from the power of nature itself, so at least in the case of Rangers their deity choices are now relaxed and can include non-nature deities... again, am i correct in thinking this?

From my FAQ on the WOTC boards. I have not heard that rangers or druids were so relaxed in FR. I know they are in Greyhawk but in FR all divine spells must come from a deity, unless WOTC has changed this in a product that came out after the FRCS and I missed it.

Divine Casters One Step Rule

From the FR mailing list, SKR said:

http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/w...s-l&P=R8188

I just talked with Skip about the Sage Advice where he says (paraphrased) "Remember that clerics must follow the one-step alignment rule for selecting a patron deity, as do all other characters." We know that our intent was that as long as you weren't a divine spellcaster you should be able to pick any patron you want (although some alignment conflicts would make some deities bad choices), and so he thinks he dropped a pair of words from that. The last part should read "as do all other divine spellcasting characters."

So yes, if you aren't a divine spellcaster you can choose any patron deity.

Sean

Richard Baker further clarified this:

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthre...p;pagenumber=15

Yeah, Sean's take on this is correct. Although I'd point out that choosing a patron deity wildly at odds with your alignment (directly opposed, or thematically opposed) might call your alignment choice into question. I could see a LG elven monk with Corellon as a patron, but I wouldn't buy Bane as a patron for any good-aligned character--at least, not in my campaign.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 18 May 2004 19:12:31
Go to Top of Page

Gerath Hoan
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  19:18:58  Show Profile Send Gerath Hoan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks very much for that, it does help clear a lot of things up.

Although, am i right in thinking that whilst a Ranger MUST still pick a deity in FR, he or she isn't necessarily restricted to nature deities? For instance, i'm aware that Myrmeen Lhal is a Ranger of Tymora.

Knight of the Order of the Keen Eye - Granted by Ed Greenwood, 30th January 2005
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  19:39:34  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks very much for that, it does help clear a lot of things up.

Although, am i right in thinking that whilst a Ranger MUST still pick a deity in FR, he or she isn't necessarily restricted to nature deities? For instance, i'm aware that Myrmeen Lhal is a Ranger of Tymora.

Good point. Not sure though. I tend to ignore the one step, must be a nature deity, stuff they came up with in 3e. :) But as far as I knew a ranger had to have a ranger deity.........

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  19:46:53  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
For instance, i'm aware that Myrmeen Lhal is a Ranger of Tymora.

Which item details that she followed Tymora?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Gerath Hoan
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  19:54:53  Show Profile Send Gerath Hoan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Remarkably, the description is in your FRCS, just look under the Arabel entry on P112... despite earlier on claiming all Rangers follow a nature deity, here's the exception to the rule.

Now if only i could remember my 3.5 source for stating that Ranger deity selection is now relaxed in FR (no longer restricted to Nature deities alone).

EDIT: Anyone here read the old novel called The Night Parade? As far as i'm aware that's where Myrmeen's background is established. Was she already a Ranger of Tymora back in 2e and therefore that was the intention all along? She was of course one of Ed's original Realms NPCs, so maybe his vision of her couldn't be easily modified into 3e.

Edited by - Gerath Hoan on 18 May 2004 19:58:40
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  20:21:14  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Remarkably, the description is in your FRCS, just look under the Arabel entry on P112... despite earlier on claiming all Rangers follow a nature deity, here's the exception to the rule.

Thank you. No wonder I couldn't find the reference. I was only going through my 2E stuff and totally forgot she's mentioned even briefly in FRCS.

quote:

EDIT: Anyone here read the old novel called The Night Parade? As far as i'm aware that's where Myrmeen's background is established. Was she already a Ranger of Tymora back in 2e and therefore that was the intention all along? She was of course one of Ed's original Realms NPCs, so maybe his vision of her couldn't be easily modified into 3e.

I read that novel. I couldn't recall her being mentioned as a Ranger of Tymora there. Anyone remember the "daughter" she ended up with in that novel? Was she ever detailed or mentioned again? I know Elminster's Daughter makes no mention of her despite Myrmeen being featured and set up for some major changes within this novel.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  20:38:39  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
I read that novel. I couldn't recall her being mentioned as a Ranger of Tymora there. Anyone remember the "daughter" she ended up with in that novel? Was she ever detailed or mentioned again? I know Elminster's Daughter makes no mention of her despite Myrmeen being featured and set up for some major changes within this novel.

No need to mention her again since the rest of that info is mentioned in Heroes Lorebook. :)

Go to Top of Page

Gerath Hoan
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  20:42:50  Show Profile Send Gerath Hoan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grrr... the Heroes Lorebook isn't available for free download is it? Sigh, i wish it was easier to get hold of 2e FR stuff where i live.

EDIT: I've posted a question to Ed about the whole Rangers and non-nature deities issue, specifically with regards to Myrmeen... oh and SirusBlack, i asked about Myrmeen's daughter on your behalf too.

Edited by - Gerath Hoan on 18 May 2004 21:01:25
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  21:15:17  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Grrr... the Heroes Lorebook isn't available for free download is it? Sigh, i wish it was easier to get hold of 2e FR stuff where i live.

EDIT: I've posted a question to Ed about the whole Rangers and non-nature deities issue, specifically with regards to Myrmeen... oh and SirusBlack, i asked about Myrmeen's daughter on your behalf too.

Only Villian's Lorebook is available for free. But if you head over to RPGNOW.COM it should be available for 5 bucks. :)

Go to Top of Page

Gerath Hoan
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  22:04:27  Show Profile Send Gerath Hoan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that link! Here's me bemoaning my fate and i never noticed that site even existed!

Of course, you have just cost me at least $20! But i'm sure it'll be the best 20 bucks i ever spent!

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  22:54:56  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31
No need to mention her again since the rest of that info is mentioned in Heroes Lorebook. :)

It gives out her fate? I thought all it did was summarize what happened in the novel.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  22:57:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Only Villian's Lorebook is available for free. But if you head over to RPGNOW.COM it should be available for 5 bucks. :)

Be forewarned, some of the scanning for the various PDFs available for old FR products is horrible. They should pay you for the difficulty you will have in reading the material.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  22:58:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  23:19:10  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It gives out her fate? I thought all it did was summarize what happened in the novel.

Looks like it to me. "She then went to Calimport to find her daughter. They located a girl named Krystin, who had Myrmeen's looks - especially her unusual gold flecked blue eyes - and was on the right age. The group also discovered the Night Parade - a collection of various bizarre monsters of differing abilities - was indeed real, and that is preyed on human babies. After rescuing Krystin, Myrmeen's party teamed with a man named Erin Shandower, who has a magical gauntlet that could destroy the Night Parade members. Shandower was killed, along with nearly all the others in Myrmeen's group, but before the survivors left Calimshan they stopped the ceremony that would have created more Nigh Parade monsters and closed a gate that would have allowed even more to enter from another unknown plane of existence. They also revealed the Night Parade's existence to the people of Calimport, who tore the creatures apart in a huge riot.

Myrmeen later discovered that Krystin was not her daughter. Her real daughter had been raised not by the Night Parade, but by the rulers of the city of Suldopher. They met briefly, and Myrmeen could tell that the girl (14 years old at the time) was perfectly suited to the life she already had, so Myrmeen left without telling the girl who she was.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  23:21:50  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for that link! Here's me bemoaning my fate and i never noticed that site even existed!

Of course, you have just cost me at least $20! But i'm sure it'll be the best 20 bucks i ever spent!

:) Glad to be of some help.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  03:22:42  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Looks like it to me. "She then went to Calimport to find her daughter. They located a girl named Krystin, who had Myrmeen's looks - especially her unusual gold flecked blue eyes - and was on the right age. The group also discovered the Night Parade - a collection of various bizarre monsters of differing abilities - was indeed real, and that is preyed on human babies. After rescuing Krystin, Myrmeen's party teamed with a man named Erin Shandower, who has a magical gauntlet that could destroy the Night Parade members. Shandower was killed, along with nearly all the others in Myrmeen's group, but before the survivors left Calimshan they stopped the ceremony that would have created more Nigh Parade monsters and closed a gate that would have allowed even more to enter from another unknown plane of existence. They also revealed the Night Parade's existence to the people of Calimport, who tore the creatures apart in a huge riot.

Myrmeen later discovered that Krystin was not her daughter. Her real daughter had been raised not by the Night Parade, but by the rulers of the city of Suldopher. They met briefly, and Myrmeen could tell that the girl (14 years old at the time) was perfectly suited to the life she already had, so Myrmeen left without telling the girl who she was.

Sorry for the confusion. However, my question and use of "daughter" was in reference to Krystin. She has yet to be found in any other source to my knowledge. Correct?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  03:45:58  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Sorry for the confusion. However, my question and use of "daughter" was in reference to Krystin. She has yet to be found in any other source to my knowledge. Correct?

None that I can recall. :) Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  04:35:18  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
None that I can recall. :) Sorry.

That's what I thought. Thank you for the confirmation and sorry about not being clear on what I meant earlier. To me Krystin is her daughter, at least it came across that Myrmeen was going to treat her as such at the end of the novel.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  07:22:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage Schend, I am once more here to plague you with ask you a few questions!

Another thread made me recall the old Realms By Night feature. I really, really enjoyed that one. The intro article seems to indicate that there were additional articles planned, covering other cities, but we never saw anything beyond the double-handful of Waterdhavian ghosts.

So...

Were there, in fact, other hauntings planned for other cities? Were they actually written? Is there anything more you can share, about either un-written/un-published hauntings, or things left out of the web articles?

And of course, I thank you once more for taking the time to answer my constant stream of questions. I think I've asked you more questions than I've asked Ed!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  14:51:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, just what did happen to those ghost tales of velen and Suzail, Master Schend?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  18:59:00  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Sage Schend, I am once more here to plague you with ask you a few questions!

Another thread made me recall the old Realms By Night feature. I really, really enjoyed that one. The intro article seems to indicate that there were additional articles planned, covering other cities, but we never saw anything beyond the double-handful of Waterdhavian ghosts.

So...

Were there, in fact, other hauntings planned for other cities? Were they actually written? Is there anything more you can share, about either un-written/un-published hauntings, or things left out of the web articles?

And of course, I thank you once more for taking the time to answer my constant stream of questions. I think I've asked you more questions than I've asked Ed!

Well, ask away; I think I've a little more time on my hands than Ed does, anyway.

The Ghost Walks of Waterdeep sprang from a great ghost walk/tour of York England I took in the fall of 1996, and it took me that long to get around to writing up something similar for the Realms. In fact, by the time that series ran, I had already left Wizards.

As for Realms by Night, I had planned to keep writing that indefinitely until my patience or WotC's ended. I'd planned/been thinking about walking folk down the Sword Coast (some ghosts of the Stump Bog, some haunted waysides along the roads, etc.), do at least a token wrap-up/overview of ghosts in Baldur's Gate and other notable sites along the way, then do another long raft of ghost stories for Velen, the most-haunted city of Faerun (IMO, of course). Beyond that, I'd wanted to do some other major cities and sites like George mentioned (Suzail, Calimport, ad nauseum).

Why did I stop? One, I got busy with other things, as happens. Secondly, Wizards kept after me to write everything up with stat blocks so people could go fight the ghosts. Since that run completely counter to my intent for the series--give people a bunch of ghost stories purely for creep-out story potential and add another layer of lore to places--I decided to end the series rather than write it in a way that I didn't want to go. <shrug>

And before you ask, no, I don't have any more notes or scribbles about the series. Just about everything that was written saw print, and a quick check of the hard drive just now didn't dig up any notes or undeveloped ideas...oh wait, yes it did. Bear in mind these are rough notes just to gel the basics of the idea in my head; they aren't complete but here's a few more hints you can toss around the taverns....

New Olamn’s Ghost Bard
Typical Location: Castle Ward—New Olamn, the bards’ college at the end of the Cliffride.

Description of site and situation
14 year old half-elven boy who gets possessed by three of the greatest bards that ever lived (and did not become gods, like Finder)—two human, one elvish. Boy channels the ghosts and helps them communicate their greatest unsung works. Takes New Olamn’s manuscript copies of Bard A’s “Unfinished Ballads” and works directly on them, finishing them for the ghost. Other ghost died during the Dracorage of 1018 and wants to write up his direct eyewitness account of the event after 352 years. Also sings in Eaerlanni Elvish, a particular dialect that only a few in Waterdeep have ever heard, and certainly not something the boy knew.

The Widow Trees
Typical Location: Trades Ward—Directly behind Gondalim’s Inn (T8/#173).

“Whenever ye hear the sobbing out around the foor of the Widow Trees, best to find yourself someplace safe to be. It’s said those who hear the ghost’s cries are soon to be ghosts themselves.”

Ghosts of the Yawning Portal
Typical Location: Castle Ward—The Yawning Portal tavern (C48/#4)

“quote by mirt about durnan & his place”
Two nights a year (Mirtul 1, Marpenoth 30), ghosts of those slain and unmourned and unburied in UMT make their way to the Yawning Portal, pay their fare in ghostly coin, and either dissipate or become wandering ghosts of Dock Ward. PCs can hire on to find and finish the quest of the dead person, or at least bury the bones to give them rest (and find treasure)

The Copper Ghost
Typical Location: Copper Cup in Dock Ward
Skeleton inside tun of wine in long bricked-up wine cellar; any who drink wine from this cellar return here by compulsion or they die on the spot……..

The Gauntyl Ghost
Typical Location: Anywhere a member of the Gauntyl clan is; most frequent visitations at their villa …..
Penny-pinching ghost of the great-grandfather of the current lord; generally a peaceful spirit but he becomes a prankster and a bother if the family becomes spendthrift. During his day, the house and family nearly went under due to creditors, and he swore he would protect the family from ever suffering such indignity again……

There. That's everything I had on file for Waterdhavian ghosts....

Steven
Who wonders if he should mention Syndra Wands, a special spectre and sorcerer who still teaches from her townhouse.....

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  20:15:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Why did I stop? One, I got busy with other things, as happens. Secondly, Wizards kept after me to write everything up with stat blocks so people could go fight the ghosts. Since that run completely counter to my intent for the series--give people a bunch of ghost stories purely for creep-out story potential and add another layer of lore to places--I decided to end the series rather than write it in a way that I didn't want to go. <shrug>

Man... It draws vacuum that they did that to you. That series was one of my personal favorites -- it was pure lore, and it was Waterdeep! What more could I ask for?

quote:

New Olamn’s Ghost Bard
Typical Location: Castle Ward—New Olamn, the bards’ college at the end of the Cliffride.

14 year old half-elven boy who gets possessed by three of the greatest bards that ever lived (and did not become gods, like Finder)—two human, one elvish. Boy channels the ghosts and helps them communicate their greatest unsung works. Takes New Olamn’s manuscript copies of Bard A’s “Unfinished Ballads” and works directly on them, finishing them for the ghost. Other ghost died during the Dracorage of 1018 and wants to write up his direct eyewitness account of the event after 352 years. Also sings in Eaerlanni Elvish, a particular dialect that only a few in Waterdeep have ever heard, and certainly not something the boy knew.

Very interesting... You speak of three bards. Can we assume that the Dracorage one and the Eaerlanni one are different bards?

quote:

Ghosts of the Yawning Portal
Typical Location: Castle Ward—The Yawning Portal tavern (C48/#4)

“quote by mirt about durnan & his place”
Two nights a year (Mirtul 1, Marpenoth 30), ghosts of those slain and unmourned and unburied in UMT make their way to the Yawning Portal, pay their fare in ghostly coin, and either dissipate or become wandering ghosts of Dock Ward. PCs can hire on to find and finish the quest of the dead person, or at least bury the bones to give them rest (and find treasure)

Beltane and Samhain, huh?
I really like this one. I may be able to use this to solve an annoying problem in a short story that's current on the drawing board...

quote:

Steven
Who wonders if he should mention Syndra Wands, a special spectre and sorcerer who still teaches from her townhouse.....

Ooh, that one sounds intriguing!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  23:19:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, I know I'm only one person, but believe it or not, I enjoyed, and can enjoy, Realms articles without stats to fight whatever is being written about. But, I'm a vanishing breed, like people that use their directionals when driving.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  23:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, I know I'm only one person, but believe it or not, I enjoyed, and can enjoy, Realms articles without stats to fight whatever is being written about. But, I'm a vanishing breed, like people that use their directionals when driving.

I believe your age is really showing, Sirius-I've never heard turn signals referred to as directionals.

Steven, so what was the other tome you wanted to do on the Realms' history? Were any details decided?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  00:13:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
I believe your age is really showing, Sirius-I've never heard turn signals referred to as directionals.

The fact that you at least knew what I was mentioning gives me hope.
Go to Top of Page

fourthmensch
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  06:14:58  Show Profile  Visit fourthmensch's Homepage Send fourthmensch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's one about The Fall of Myth Drannor, so I'm going to aim it at Steve, but of course anyone else is entirely welcome.

One of my favorite parts of Fall of Myth Drannor is the N'Vaelahr, the shadow soldiers who served as spies and scouts against the Army of Darkness. It so happens that one of the players in my group is an elf rogue with strong ties to the homeland, and has been casting around for some way that he could do his part for the People in a more organized fashion. Thus, the N'Vaelahr seems like a perfect fit for him.

So, does this organization of shadow soldiers still exist? Say, perhaps, serving Queen Amlaruil, or as Evereskan scouts, or whathaveyou? Or were they all destroyed during the Fall?

I want you to go home and ponder the meaning of the word subversive.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  04:19:58  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fourthmensch

Here's one about The Fall of Myth Drannor, so I'm going to aim it at Steve, but of course anyone else is entirely welcome.

One of my favorite parts of Fall of Myth Drannor is the N'Vaelahr, the shadow soldiers who served as spies and scouts against the Army of Darkness. It so happens that one of the players in my group is an elf rogue with strong ties to the homeland, and has been casting around for some way that he could do his part for the People in a more organized fashion. Thus, the N'Vaelahr seems like a perfect fit for him.

So, does this organization of shadow soldiers still exist? Say, perhaps, serving Queen Amlaruil, or as Evereskan scouts, or whathaveyou? Or were they all destroyed during the Fall?

Sure, they could still exist however you want them to.

Here's a scary thought--Khelben's hooked up with the few survivors of the Fall and he's had them working with and for him all along the past 600 years, watching the Watchmen as it were with them spying on the Harpers (and perhaps this is one of the reasons why he "went rogue" and formed the Moonstars?)?

Ain't I a stinker?

Steven

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  04:50:42  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ain't I a stinker?

Halaster's Harvestide already let us know this fact. But, thank you for the confirmation.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000