Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Icewind Dale 1 " Heart of Winter" in Norway.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  16:44:56  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
WHOOOOOOO!!!

Yesterday I finally found the long gone Icewind Dale 1 " Heart of Winter". I was able to locate it in a store called Avalon. What this have to do with you? Nothing, I just wanted to tell you since I was so happy.

They had a double disc with both Icewind Dale 1 and Icewind Dale 1 "Heart of Winter" there. And it did only cost 150 Norwegian KR(1 kr = ca.8$), and it has the Forgotten Realms logo on it.

Bless you Avalon, , I'm lmost crying here, even tougth you take way to much for most of your roleplaying items:

I LOVE YOU!!

*Ahem*

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 11 Mar 2004 16:47:36

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  06:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good. Just remember: missile weapons! It's pretty much the name of the game. Use missile weapons unless you absolutely have to switch to melee. And target enemy archers first as well.

Make sure one fighter is specialized in axes as well, since in a particular place (no spoilers unless you want it) you get a returning axe -- unlimited ammo, and you get five points of specialization into axes if you want at later levels.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  06:35:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you Ezindir...

I'm glad you now have the opportunity to enjoy this fine addition to the IWD family of CRPGs. Please be sure to let us know what you thought of this expansion, once you've had the chance to play through it...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  13:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I will!

I will begin playing the next week I think, but one question? Can I use my chracters from IwD 1? And will they get their eqeipment?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  13:26:27  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

Yes I will!

I will begin playing the next week I think, but one question? Can I use my chracters from IwD 1? And will they get their eqeipment?

If you've exported your character, you can start a HoW-only game and import. Otherwise, you can access the HoW contents by meeting a certain shaman in a certain house in Kuldahar.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  13:35:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

Yes I will!

Indeed you will...

Winterfox has already explained the particulars, but I just thought that I'd add that, as well as keeping your original equipment, your party will also be exposed to a selection of new spells, and a few more new and interesting magical items. Just play through the game...you'll soon find them...

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  13:46:07  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Finally the locked door in Kuldahar will be unlocked, mvhohahaha, that thing has really bugged me.

But if I don't export my characters, will my new party start with money and equpiment, and in IwD I only played with 2 persons, if I export them and make me 1-2 characters more, will the new chracters start in lv 1?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  13:51:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ezindir,

All new characters created from scratch in the Heart of Winter expansion start at the same level, and with access to the same equipment as characters starting out for the first time in IWD.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  13:56:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, the expansion is said to be a little more difficult than the original game, so it is suggested by the designers, that you try to export your more experienced PCs from the original game into the expansion.

Although, I started with PCs at level 1 in the HoW expansion and I really didn't find it to be that much more difficult than the original game...

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  13:59:17  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Sage, did miss somthig there!

You say that if you start in How, with new characters, they will start in lv 1 and without equipment? And if you export them they will start in the lv they where in?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  14:07:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes...

Newly created PCs for the expansion will start off (in terms of level and equipment) exactly the same as PCs that you would create when starting the original IWD game.

It is afterall, an entirely new game...

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  14:48:43  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats crasy. I played with two chracters, both reaced the exp cap. I think I will have to export those and maybe add some new chracters. It will be a little fun to have chracters in diffrent lv tho'.

- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 12 Mar 2004 14:53:18
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  16:35:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One fun thing to do is to work it so that each of your characters gets a copy of normally unique items. When I started Heart of Winter, each of my characters had a Black Wolf Talisman, my three fighters and cleric had the blood armor, each fighter had the returning axe . . . . etc. It was like a munchkin's dream. And considering that it's almost impossible to do anything other than munchkinism in Icewind Dale . . . .

I'm rather impressed that you completed the original game with just two characters. What were they?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  16:48:13  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ranger and mage.

Had a hard time at the last Demon thought, this was my first FR game and I new almost all of it fromm the start to the upper Dorns Deep.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2004 :  23:36:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Ranger and a Mage...

Now that is impressive. I thought that at least one of the two PCs would have been a fighter at least...Do you use any special methods or tactics with these two characters Elrond...?

Go to Top of Page

Kaervok
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  03:33:12  Show Profile  Visit Kaervok's Homepage Send Kaervok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, I'm happy for you. The Icewind dale games are beutiful. The new content is cool. Im a mage as you all know -rping,duh- Ive said it over numerous posts. But some new spells are really cool. There is one where you get to summon 7 eyes that circle you and you can shoot them at people!!
It's fun, watch out for undead!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  04:12:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's called 'Seven Eyes', a 7th level abjuration spell that is included in the HoW expansion. Each of the seven magical orbs conjured up have a two abilities - one offensive, the other defensive. But only one ability of each orb can be used.

For example, the 'Eye of the Mind' orb will protect your PC against mental attacks such as charm or fear - this is the orb's defensive ability. It's offensive ability allows the PC to expend the eye as a 1st level Charm Person spell.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  12:19:54  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

A Ranger and a Mage...

Now that is impressive. I thought that at least one of the two PCs would have been a fighter at least...Do you use any special methods or tactics with these two characters Elrond...?

Well... I think I remember one tactic. Boots of free action on my Ranger and a web spell. Holds the enemies and let the Ranger do the rest.

But anyway, I find Ranger just as useful as a fighter. They get a lot of HP and they do very much damage.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  14:16:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I see...I would say that such a technique is obvious, but then I've never been a fan of the spellcasting Ranger...

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  14:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry sage, but I do not remember.

Anyway, no battle are impossible I suppose, so I must have tried many times. And remember that in IwD 1 you could also lure one enemy away from the group they where in without the hole group following after. in this way you could take them one by one.

And I just installed it. I will begin playnig it as soon as I can.

- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 13 Mar 2004 14:53:10
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  14:53:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Divide and conquer at it's best ladies and gentlemen...

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  15:01:48  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes indeed, but the hardest part must have been in Dragons Eye, without a thief in the 5. cellar. I really had a hard time there.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  15:08:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'The Dragon's Eye'...that was the section of the game with all the Yuan-Ti, the Abominations, and the Histachii wasn't it...?

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  15:20:55  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, a lot of poison traps there. Without the ranger I would have to run back to Kuldahar every time I got one on myself.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  15:24:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, the only reason I remembered that section of the game in particular, was because during my second run through of the game, I'd made it up to that part without ever once having to reload a saved game. Of course, remembering where all those traps were was what eventually brought half the party done...

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  15:50:16  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, first time I played that, when I was 10, I had sieriusly trubles with the trap, but I never made Yoxouminea (or somthing, can't blame me for not remembering this Shade?) anyway. But I had great fun thought.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2004 :  20:58:15  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
* Ahem *

I have just made my chracters now, and I used my two old characters as they where right before I entered the Lower Dorn's Deep:

1.) Zin'tril
Race: Elf(Drow)
Agiliment: Chaotic Good
Class: Ranger, lv 12
Equipment: Burning Long Sword, Composite Longbow+2 and Leather Armor+2

2.) Narzoth
Race: Human(Tiefling)
Agiliment: Nutrual Evil
Class:Necromancer, lv 13
Equipment: Quarter Staff, Robe of Evil Archmagic and a ring that doubles all his lv 1 and lv 2 spells.

3.) Rri'Irh
Race: Elf
Agiliment: Chaotic Nutrual
Class: Thief,lv 2
Equipment: Dagger of Venom, Short Bow and Studden Leather Armor+2

4.) Merth'Iir
Race: Dwarf
Agiliment: Chaotic Natrual
Gender Male
Class: Cleric/Fighter, lv 1/1
Equipment: Male of Life, Some Hammer and Sling

I haven't really begun playing, but I have made the Characters, I must download some portraits and possibliy some voices, but the start lookes promising. More commesnt will probably be posted soon.

- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 14 Mar 2004 20:12:23
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2004 :  03:18:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a very impressive party...you should definitely have some fun...

Now, tell me about this 'Mail of Life' that Merth'Iir is wearing. It appears as though I've never heard of, or encountered, it before (or maybe I have and I've simply forgotten). What abilities/enchantments does it have...?

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2004 :  10:21:28  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will be my pleasure to give you the exackt stats to the Mail of Life, I will post them here when I have the time.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2004 :  20:27:52  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mail of life:

This armor was crafted from metoric iron by dwarfen and elven smiths during the time of cooperation. A high priest of Moradin and a high priest of Labelas Enoreth enchanted the armor with its power.
Unfortunaly, no elven of dwarfen warrior ever wore the cain mail. When troubles arose between the Hand of the Seldarine and Dorn's Deep the dwarfen locked the armor up in a vault, refusing to use anything the elves had a hand on creating.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: 2
Weight: 40
Special:
+ 10 hit points
Wearer regenerates 1 hit point per turn

Not usable by:
Druid
Mage
Thief

- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 14 Mar 2004 20:29:43
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31722 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2004 :  01:33:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...that doesn't sound familiar, but an interesting item nonetheless...Where did you originally find it, in the game of course...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000