Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  22:33:13  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, xanthor.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Antariuk
Acolyte

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2012 :  20:47:56  Show Profile Send Antariuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Candlekeepers!

I am a D&D player who has come to the hobby kinda late, got my introduction 4 years ago with a small Forgotten Realms campaign. I have been reading your boards every now and then, but since I'm in the midst of preparing a FR game based in Waterdeep, I decided to register here in case I need your help.

"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." — Steven Brust

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2012 :  05:24:22  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and well met, Antuariuk.

As they like to say around here, "ask away!"

Go to Top of Page

Dictator Cupcake
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2012 :  15:47:31  Show Profile Send Dictator Cupcake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello! I am a longtime reader of Realms novels, and I know of nobody else who reads them. It is so exciting to be here.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2012 :  20:29:48  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there and welcome ye to these hallowed halls.
Hope to see you in some of the forums.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2012 :  01:40:49  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums, Dictator Cupcake! Awesome screen name too.

Go to Top of Page

jazirian reborn
Acolyte

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2012 :  07:47:29  Show Profile Send jazirian reborn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello , scribes and readers. Been an inactive (mostly) and more digital (rarely) player for around 15 years. Happy to have more time to enjoy the pleasure of quality escapism again.
Go to Top of Page

Mirrormar
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2012 :  15:04:15  Show Profile Send Mirrormar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met fellow scribes,

I've taken the plunge and joined after lurking here for about a year.
As for D&D background, I started playing in 1984 with the BECMI rules, then moving to AD&D shortly there after. I have been DMing the Realms since the Old Grey Box.

Edited by - Mirrormar on 23 Aug 2012 15:05:10
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2012 :  04:14:00  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings fellow scribes. I have been lurking for some time now and finally decided it was time to pass through the gates.
I was introduced to the Realms by my husband 11 years ago when he also introduced me to D&D. Compared to the learned sages here, I am but a novice, but I truly enjoy all the lore of our beloved Realms.
My husband and I have been playing D&D together for 11 years,he is my favorite DM (I might be biased)We are both very hopeful for D&Dnext and I am thrilled about the upcoming deliciousness for the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2012 :  06:02:55  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to all who've just recently joined.

I hope you are the vanguard of a wave of (old and new) Realms fans, all come to Candlekeep.

Go to Top of Page

mattymoron
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2012 :  06:50:43  Show Profile Send mattymoron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello! I've been coming here on and off for various bits of obscure information for a while, and figured it was time to finally get an account. I've been fairly active on Salvatore's board for a number of years, so a few of you might know me from there.
Go to Top of Page

Slazick
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2012 :  14:03:03  Show Profile Send Slazick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Candledeep forum members. I'm a noob here and wanted to say corn.

What is dead may never die.
Go to Top of Page

Odessa333
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  04:33:51  Show Profile Send Odessa333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(pokes head in)

Hi there! Don't mind the noob in your forums, I'm friendly ;)

Who am I? I'm Vicky, a long time player of RPG's of many types. I've barely tapped the potential that is D&D as my group had little interest in it, preferring this thing called "Middle Earth" for their campaign settings. Until recently. After so many years of adventuring there, it's a bit played out, and the masses want to try something 'new.' We're going to be trying D&D 4th edition, and lucky me, I'm the DM for this experiment, so I get to learn the lore and history of D&D to make the story make sense in the game world. I've been doing a lot of research the last month, learning the system and the history bit by bit. And as I've come across questions, I turn to the internet for answers. More often than not, I've come across this one site that's always in the top three search result spots for an answer- this site, actually. After using your knowledge to begin building my campaign, I figured I'd officially join so that 1, I could say "Thanks!" and two, so I could ask the harder questions to those who seem to know best.

Anyways, i'm off to consult some sages. Allow me to say one more time: thanks for being an awesome resource ;)

Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  08:59:55  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
matty, Slazick, Odessa33: Welcome to Candlekeep. Whatever your gaming (or literary) persuasion, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better, friendlier resource. Stay a spell and browse the archives.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

rredmond
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2012 :  15:20:43  Show Profile  Visit rredmond's Homepage Send rredmond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've lurved so much, I thought I was a member! Hmm, anywho I'm more active at Knights-n-Knaves, Dragonsfoot, and Unseen Servant. Like I said I thought I was already a member, so I wanted to post a message about a new PbP at Unseen Servant, and bam! realized I wasn't a member. :)
Glad to be one now, hope all are well!
--Ron--

OS RPG PbP Games: www.unseenservant.us
Go to Top of Page

Steelsword
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  19:17:38  Show Profile Send Steelsword a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, all. Longtime lurker, first-time poster, and I'd like to start by saying thanks for the awesome site; it's saved me a few times while DMing in the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  16:19:35  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Welcome to Candlekeep, Steelsword!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Horkas Battlebeard
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  03:28:32  Show Profile Send Horkas Battlebeard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all!!!! I've just finished the first Elminster book and the first 10 Legend of Drizzt books and looking to expand my collection of stories. I've also just gotten the 3.0 and 3.5 books so I can start doing tabletop gaming (I have all the PC games).
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  05:30:42  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met and welcome, Horkas.

Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
290 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2013 :  14:52:32  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all; decade long lurker, first time scribe.
Go to Top of Page

rangerstranger
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2013 :  13:47:53  Show Profile Send rangerstranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been lurking around these forums for quite a while now, finally figured I'd finally step in and say Hello!
Go to Top of Page

Nagaral
Acolyte

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2013 :  09:24:20  Show Profile Send Nagaral a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Well here we are, a friend of mine told me many good things about this forum so i couldn't wait any longer to register and join ur crew.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2013 :  12:02:10  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Welcome to Candlekeep, Nagaral!

Go to Top of Page

Firebrand
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2013 :  21:27:04  Show Profile Send Firebrand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realized it was rude to ask a question and not introduce myself! Hi, I'm Jan. I was told that if I wanted to learn more about the Realms this was a great place to start.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2013 :  21:32:10  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firebrand

Realized it was rude to ask a question and not introduce myself! Hi, I'm Jan. I was told that if I wanted to learn more about the Realms this was a great place to start.

Welcome, this clearly is one of the best places to find answers.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2013 :  12:19:16  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Welcome to Candlekeep, Firebrand!

Go to Top of Page

Toga Su Han
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2013 :  01:50:11  Show Profile Send Toga Su Han a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow sages and forum members,

I have sought the information from here for a little while and decided to join up. No more hiding and sneaking around, sorry some habits are hard to break. (When seeking info about things best not mentioned out loud!)
I am also a big fan of Rifts and Palladium adventures, which I am playing in a game from both. I am have playing in and been a DM in AD&D games since 2nd edition was released. Many a PC I have left in dungeons. I am currently playing in 2nd edition Oriental game that has been meeting once a week since 2006. My user name is my characters name from that game. I will also be running a 2nd edition ninja campaign set in 1893 Japan and China before the Sino - Japanese War.

Well just wanted to say hi and give a little background,

Su Han
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  16:35:23  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met Su Han.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

DrErika
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  21:37:09  Show Profile Send DrErika a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and well met fellows! My name is Dr. Erika van Sheldon and I am the leader of the Company of the Blue Axe. for those of you who do not know of us we are an adventuring company based in Waterdeep. The tales of our battles have become quite famous and we are always looking for more lore on the dungeons we delve and the like. I look forward to joining the horde of Realmslore seekers in this fair library and hope to raise a tankard of ale with all of ye.
again well met and fair thee well.

"So did the Company of The Blue Axe fight and slay the horrid Trolls of Undermountain, almost at the cost of their lives, for anti-magic zones can make a "casual" encounter into a perilous one"
~Author unknown found nailed to the wall in the Yawning Portal inn c. 1369 DR
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2013 :  03:28:41  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the 'Keep. Pull up a chair and dive into the lore. There's plenty for everyone.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000