Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Elaine Cunningham
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 81

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  12:23:20  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message
Or pick up Races of Faerūn for 3.5 (almost) info on Lythari.

They are elven lycanthropes, who can turn into wolves like werewolves, but they are always chaotic good-aligned and they pass on their shapechanging ability as a gift to those who want it rather than a curse passed on by a bite. Althpugh they are made up of other elven races (wild elves, moon elves, wood elves who took the ritual to become lythari), they were one of the three oldest races of elves in Faerūn, along with avariel and green/wild elves, and they live on a blissful demiplane of Toril.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  13:57:23  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message
Mrs. Cunningham,

I was wondering whether the novel you were writing with Ed Greenwood was going to be a stand-alone novel or a series. Also, RAS is having James Lowder write a book in his own book world, DemonWars, and is talking of inviting another in to write another story. Please tell me it's you. I would love to see you write a novel in the DemonWars.

Thanks much,
your humble ranger, Valondil

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Valondil the Ranger
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  14:03:02  Show Profile  Visit Valondil the Ranger's Homepage Send Valondil the Ranger a Private Message
P.S.: I love the pic I have under my name. I think the cover for Elfshadow is one of the most classic and most artistic work of all the Realms. I think Fred Fields is awesome (besides those really crappy covers he did for Legacy of the Drow if I'm correct he did do those). He's up there with Todd Lockwood and Matt Stawicki, the best of the Realms and DL (even though I am not too much of a DL fan myself, I have seen those excellent covers Stawicki has done).

--Your humble ranger,
Valondil

Check out my webpage at http://iankappos.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  16:49:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Or pick up Races of Faerūn for 3.5 (almost) info on Lythari.

They are elven lycanthropes, who can turn into wolves like werewolves, but they are always chaotic good-aligned and they pass on their shapechanging ability as a gift to those who want it rather than a curse passed on by a bite. Althpugh they are made up of other elven races (wild elves, moon elves, wood elves who took the ritual to become lythari), they were one of the three oldest races of elves in Faerūn, along with avariel and green/wild elves, and they live on a blissful demiplane of Toril.

I just want to point out that in Races they retconned the Lythari into having a hybred form when it didn't in 2e, since it made no sense for it to have one. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

OrnluTheWolf
Acolyte

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  03:19:08  Show Profile  Visit OrnluTheWolf's Homepage Send OrnluTheWolf a Private Message
Alright Sirius, I got the site to work. I guess it was just down (or it was my worst-ever ISP).

Ok, the lythari seem pretty cool, and make alot more sence since I read the part where Thorn is captured by Dragon's Hoard. I'm almost done with the book, should finish tommorow. Next, I'll read the Avatar Trilogy then start on Elaine's other books. The only ones I've read thus far have been Starlight & Shadows, Elfsong, and Evermeet.

Elaine, I'd like to say, your Evermeet is my all-time favorite novel. I hate reading things more than once, but I read it 3 times. It normally takes me 2-3 weeks for a novel, but I read in in 3 days the first time and 2 each other 'cause I was just hooked. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  03:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
Mrs. Cunningham, how do you concoct your character's names?

Some authors completely incorporate their character's personalities into their names. Do you have a similar tactic?

Thanks again!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  04:26:05  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Been AWK for awhile--down with a really weird allergy/upper respitory thing, but here's a quick catch-up on questions.

Wolf, I think the various scribes have covered the Thorn and Sharlarra questions admirably. News in brief: Thorn's a lythari and Sharlarra is a star elf.

Discussion of religion and politics on this board should, IMO, be limited to Realms-related topics. Before leaving this topic, however, I'll repeat some advice that Marion Zimmer Bradley received early in her career: If you want to write science fiction, study science; if you want to write fantasy, study religions. Contemplating how people think and belief, and how their belief system shapes their behavior and world view, is a life-long preoccupation of mine, and an important aspect in building characters that ring true.

The walking hut in the Starlight & Shadow's trilogy is Baba Yaga's hut, a standard feature from Slavic folklore. There was once a gaming module by this name, as well--first edition, if memory serves.

Valondil, the novel with Ed Greenwood is a stand-alone book. There are no plans at this time for me to write a novel set in Bob Salvatore's Demon War setting. FYI, the model for Danilo on the cover of Elfshadow was a guy who worked in the mapping department of TSR at the time. Fred Fields is a very fine artist who does amazingly photo-realistic paintings. This portrait doesn't depict Danilo as I envision him, but it's an effective cover all the same.

Kuji: A hybrid form for lythari. . . Nope, not gonna go there.

Wolf, thanks for the kind words re Evermeet. It was an interesting challenge, and a lot of fun to write.

Arion, I frequently incorporate character traits into names. "Arilyn" is an invented name that brings to mind "Ariel," which is the name of a sprite in Shakespeare's play and which in Hebrew means "lion of God." These seemed like good connotations for a fighter who wields a blade dedicated to the service of the elven people. The dwarf in Thornhold is Ebenezer, which means "corner stone" in Hebrew. A good, solid name. "Tzigone" is a Hungarian name related to the word for "gypsy," and definitely fitted the character. But in the future, I'm going to stay away from real-world names, and stick to Realms-specific names that follow more closely the patterns of nomenclature Ed Greenwood has established.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 01 Jun 2004 04:31:31
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  04:35:27  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

The walking hut in the Starlight & Shadow's trilogy is Baba Yaga's hut, a standard feature from Slavic folklore. There was once a gaming module by this name, as well--first edition, if memory serves.

Also south-western Russian. Not that there's much difference.

I recognized the reference the moment it came up in the book -- and most people should have suspected it, as well. After all, the Realms has many strange and wonderful things, but a hut that walks on chicken legs? That's so weird, it has to be "real."

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  05:22:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
I recognized the hut of Baba Yaga immediately, in the first book.

I first read of the Hut when flipping thru the 1st edition DMG. For some reason, it just grabbed me -- perhaps I remembered it from that time I read some Russian folklore, when I was little.

Either way, I've since been oddly fascinated by Baba Yaga and her hut, and I've done some research on it, though I was doing so purely out of interest. I'm sure Elaine has read a lot more about it.

I don't know if there was a 1st edition module on Baba Yaga's hut, but I have the 2nd edition module on it. There was some interesting stuff in there...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  08:12:42  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I don't know if there was a 1st edition module on Baba Yaga's hut, but I have the 2nd edition module on it. There was some interesting stuff in there...

Yeah, I distinctly remember having my dwarven fighter shrunk to 4 inches tall after sticking his head in her oven (I think). Talk about embarrasing.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  16:51:12  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
I got quite a bit of email from European readers about the reference to Baba Yaga's hut. One young man was tickled by the use of the words "stara baba" in the spell-poem that calms the hut, and asked if I knew this meant "old woman" in Serbo-Croatian. Um... no, but I knew the Polish meaning, and apparently there's quite a lot of overlap in Slavic languages.

Yes, I've read quite a lot about Slavic mythology, folklore and paganism. Perhaps some day more of it will find its way into a story.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 01 Jun 2004 16:54:33
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  17:21:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

I got quite a bit of email from European readers about the reference to Baba Yaga's hut. One young man was tickled by the use of the words "stara baba" in the spell-poem that calms the hut, and asked if I knew this meant "old woman" in Serbo-Croatian. Um... no, but I knew the Polish meaning, and apparently there's quite a lot of overlap in Slavic languages.

Yes, I've read quite a lot about Slavic mythology, folklore and paganism. Perhaps some day more of it will find its way into a story.

Did that poem come from folklore, or did you whip it up yourself?

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  17:23:46  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message
I was wondering Ms. Cunningham, and I suppose you've been asked this before, whether Liriel knows of Drizzt? And if so, what she thinks of him?

My personal opinion is that if they ever met, Drizzt would likely take an instant dislike to Liriel's superiority and Matron Mother-ness, and Liriel would be annoyed by Drizzt's seriousness and uppityness for a male.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:02:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

I was wondering Ms. Cunningham, and I suppose you've been asked this before, whether Liriel knows of Drizzt? And if so, what she thinks of him?

My personal opinion is that if they ever met, Drizzt would likely take an instant dislike to Liriel's superiority and Matron Mother-ness, and Liriel would be annoyed by Drizzt's seriousness and uppityness for a male.

This one was already answered, but it's several pages back.

quote:

I received in this morning's email a note that quoted a post from the RAS board, something I wrote in response to the perennial question, "What would happen if Drizz and Liriel met?" For those who might be interested in my take on the matter, here 'tis.

Liriel: (Oo! Cute little drow toyboy! Thank you, Eilistraee, goddess of the butt-neckid moonlit dance.)

Drizzt: (Danger! Matron-in-the-making! Strengthen me, Mielikki, whose unicorn favors the chaste and virtuous.) ::draws his two scimitars::

Liriel: ::sniffs:: "Put away the cutlery, honey, and take a look at THESE twins..."

::At this inopportune moment, Catti-brie walks in, and the ensuing catfight makes the season three showdown between Buffy and Faith look like a sorority tea party.::

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  18:20:16  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message
quote:

quote:

This one was already answered, but it's several pages back.

[quote]Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

I received in this morning's email a note that quoted a post from the RAS board, something I wrote in response to the perennial question, "What would happen if Drizz and Liriel met?" For those who might be interested in my take on the matter, here 'tis.

Liriel: (Oo! Cute little drow toyboy! Thank you, Eilistraee, goddess of the butt-neckid moonlit dance.)

Drizzt: (Danger! Matron-in-the-making! Strengthen me, Mielikki, whose unicorn favors the chaste and virtuous.) ::draws his two scimitars::

Liriel: ::sniffs:: "Put away the cutlery, honey, and take a look at THESE twins..."

::At this inopportune moment, Catti-brie walks in, and the ensuing catfight makes the season three showdown between Buffy and Faith look like a sorority tea party.::

LOL! That's great! Much better than anything my imagination could come up with - I think because Ms. Cunningham's is more twisted!

However, I'd still like to know if Liriel knows of Drizzt, and her current opinions.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  19:59:35  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Did that poem come from folklore, or did you whip it up yourself?

It's original, but I was trying for a rythm and tone that would be consistent with the folklore.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 02 Jun 2004 01:01:07
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  20:23:59  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
However, I'd still like to know if Liriel knows of Drizzt, and her current opinions.

To be honest, I really haven't decided. Drizzt was born in 1297 and Liriel was born in 1322, and their lives took very different paths. He went to the fighting college, she was in fosterage with the female Shobolar wizards. He left the city while she was still quite young. She would have heard of the destruction of Drizzt's house, and it's possible--possible, but not likely--that she knows one noble survived.

But if that's the case, she understands that by Menzoberranzan law, that surviver has the right to call for the destruction of the attacking house--House Baenre. Drizzt's very existance is a danger to Liriel and her family. In theory, he could return to Menzoberranzan, demand that justice be administered, and probably find enough ambitious drow that would happily seize an excuse to destroy the First House and move themselves up a notch.

With this in mind, I don't know how widespread the knowledge of his survival would be. It's the sort of thing the ruling members of Baenre would want to keep under wraps, and it's unlikely they'd share this knowledge with every member of the family--particularly someone as far out on the fringes as Liriel was.

Faerun is a big place, and information tends to remain regional. It's hard for people who are bombarded by several 24-hour news channels to imagine that Liriel may not have heard of Drizzt since she came to the surface, but that is most likely the case.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2004 :  23:56:56  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
quote:

Drizzt was born in 1297 and Liriel was born in 1322, and their lives took very different paths. <snip>
According to the Player's Guide to Faerūn, elf adulthood is reached at 110 years. This means that, in current campaign time 1373 DR, Drizzt is 76 years old and Liriel is 51 years of age. I'm not too sure how you envision the elf-aging process, but if you compare this to a proportional human pattern, using the adulthood = 15 years human pattern, this means that Drizzt is the equivalent of a 12-year old while Liriel is the equivalent of 6 or 7-year old.

Now, I'm assuming that the elf-aging process is quite different, otherwise we wouldn't have had Drizzt battling hordes of orcs just yet. Is it that their bodies age normally (i.e. all grown after 15 years) while their psyche is still evolving? As an author, how have you approached this delicate subject? did you simply assume a human aging pattern, both mind and body? did this affect the interactions of Liriel in various situations? would you say that her extremely young age is the cause of some unwise decisions, if any?
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  01:00:27  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight
Now, I'm assuming that the elf-aging process is quite different, otherwise we wouldn't have had Drizzt battling hordes of orcs just yet. Is it that their bodies age normally (i.e. all grown after 15 years) while their psyche is still evolving? As an author, how have you approached this delicate subject? did you simply assume a human aging pattern, both mind and body? did this affect the interactions of Liriel in various situations? would you say that her extremely young age is the cause of some unwise decisions, if any?

I assume that elves have a different aging process, one that does not correspond proportionally to humans. It's my understanding that drow tend to mature physically at a faster rate than elves (though I'd have to look for the specific reference in the lore), and an "early" adolescence makes sense, given the hazards of their environment.

The novella "Rite of Blood" depicts Liriel's coming of age--the predictably twisted drow version of the Bat Mizvah, if you will. She was in her early twenties at the time, and I envisioned her as being in early adolescence, perhaps the equivalent of a human girl at twelve or thirteen.

During the trilogy, Liriel's physical and mental state could be compared to a seventeen or eighteen year-old-girl. And yes, this did color her actions. She's impulsive, and frequently acts with the recklessnes born of the unstated belief the young have in their own immortality. She can plot and scheme, but that ability hasn't yet translated to the understanding that actions have consequences. Adding to this volatile mix is the fact that, at this relatively tender age, she has more than 40 years of intensive magical studies behind her. Drow can amass a huge amount of knowledge and acquire formidable skills before they reach a corresponding level of emotional maturity.

The human lifespan seems to be marked by several "passages." It's my personal opinion that elves must go through many additional layers of change during their long lives. I think a centuries-long lifespan would become a burden if it wasn't marked by a complex, subtle pattern of change, and the constant development of new insights and interests.
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  16:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage
They're kind of like cats, who "age" quickly during their first year and then slow down. And we all know how much Mrs. Cunningham likes cats.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  16:38:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kameron M. Franklin

They're kind of like cats, who "age" quickly during their first year and then slow down. And we all know how much Mrs. Cunningham likes cats.

And that makes a certain amount of sense, as well.

I doubt even elven patience could deal with 10 years of the "terrible 2's!" And being a toddler for 30 years is not the best survival trait.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  16:58:54  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kameron M. Franklin

I was going to use that example, but thought I'd probably reached, if not surpassed, my forum allotment of cat posts.

But since we're talking cats, go see Shrek 2. Cute story, with a great new addition: Puss in Boots, a swashbuckling cat with the voice of Antonio Baldaras.

And while on the topic, I keep a file of bits and pieces for another Arilyn and Danilo book, to which I've been adding to for years. Since I really enjoy the tart interplay between Dan and Khelben, I'm playing with the idea of having Khelben send Dan a familiar to keep him at his magical studies: an ascerbic talking cat who is very much like the archmage in his attitudes and way of speaking. Dan is very fond of the cat, and unaware that the cat is so unhappy with his new assignment that he spends his free time plotting his escape--in short, the usual human/housecat relationship. (The cat's escape attempts are usually foiled by Hamish, the dwarven butler. It seems to me that cats and dwarves are natural foes.) I know the feline familiar is a fantasy classic, but they say you should write what you know and love.

Edited by - ElaineCunningham on 02 Jun 2004 17:08:21
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  17:05:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
And while on the topic, I keep a file of bits and pieces for another Arilyn and Danilo book, to which I've been adding to for years. Since I really enjoy the interplay between Dan and Khelben, and since the setting is well away from Waterdeep, I've been thinking about having Khelben send Dan a familiar to keep him at his magical studies: an ascerbic talking cat who is unhappy about his new assignment and endlessly plotting his escape. I know the feline familiar is a fantasy classic, but they say you should write what you know and love.

Oh that would be hilarious. Dandy Dan with a cat. That's so fitting.
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  17:27:04  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message
quote:

And while on the topic, I keep a file of bits and pieces for another Arilyn and Danilo book, to which I've been adding to for years. Since I really enjoy the tart interplay between Dan and Khelben, I'm playing with the idea of having Khelben send Dan a familiar to keep him at his magical studies: an ascerbic talking cat who is very much like the archmage in his attitudes and way of speaking. Dan is very fond of the cat, and unaware that the cat is so unhappy with his new assignment that he spends his free time plotting his escape--in short, the usual human/housecat relationship. (The cat's escape attempts are usually foiled by Hamish, the dwarven butler. It seems to me that cats and dwarves are natural foes.) I know the feline familiar is a fantasy classic, but they say you should write what you know and love.

I want that book! I've always adored ironic characters, especially ones obsessed with escaping, and to put that in a cat is just perfect!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2004 :  17:47:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

I was going to use that example, but thought I'd probably reached, if not surpassed, my forum allotment of cat posts.

But since we're talking cats, go see Shrek 2. Cute story, with a great new addition: Puss in Boots, a swashbuckling cat with the voice of Antonio Baldaras.

I would love to read that one!

So would my sister, who loves your stuff and is a cat-lover, as well.

Go to Top of Page

Erin Tettensor
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  16:15:36  Show Profile  Visit Erin Tettensor's Homepage Send Erin Tettensor a Private Message
quote:

I'm totally with you there. Puss in Boots steals the show. I nearly died when he took three minutes of precious screen time to cough up a hairball.

The cat you describe in your book idea reminds me of my own. I made the mistake of naming my cat "Sinatra", and the moniker suits. Bad attitude. Too cool for school. "My way." This kind of thing.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  17:07:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zyx

The cat you describe in your book idea reminds me of my own. I made the mistake of naming my cat "Sinatra", and the moniker suits. Bad attitude. Too cool for school. "My way." This kind of thing.

You just described all cats, my friend!

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  07:08:50  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message
quote:

I assume that elves have a different aging process, one that does not correspond proportionally to humans. It's my understanding that drow tend to mature physically at a faster rate than elves (though I'd have to look for the specific reference in the lore), and an "early" adolescence makes sense, given the hazards of their environment.
Coolness!
I think I'll be using that aging process IMC too... could you give us a rough two-column table in which you would sum up your interpretation of drow physical (column 1) and mental (column 2) growth? (with the left margin for years or year ranges)

Sorry, I'm an engineer turned MBA... I like tables/graphs a lot! I would be in total bliss if you could then also give us your surface elf table!! (for surface / drow elf comparisons, of course!! )

PS: If you don't like tables, you can email me your text version, and I will put it in a table, send it back to you for approval, and post it on this list afterwards (total with complete fanfic disclaimer of course, with NOT OFFICIAL in big letters... )
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  11:23:17  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight
...could you give us a rough two-column table in which you would sum up your interpretation of drow physical (column 1) and mental (column 2) growth? (with the left margin for years or year ranges)

Sorry, I'm an engineer turned MBA... I like tables/graphs a lot! I would be in total bliss if you could then also give us your surface elf table!! (for surface / drow elf comparisons, of course!! )

PS: If you don't like tables, you can email me your text version, and I will put it in a table, send it back to you for approval, and post it on this list afterwards (total with complete fanfic disclaimer of course, with NOT OFFICIAL in big letters... )

Sorry, no tables. I leave this sort of thing to the game designers.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  13:57:56  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage
Summer's just about here, and it looks to be a very busy few months. I've got an insane writing schedule planned, a busy travel schedule, an intensive German review, a Dreamweaver class, several web projects, and a grueling get-back-into-shape-after-all-these-damn-illnesses regimen. It's also the last summer before my oldest son goes to college, and I plan to make the most of our family time.

So, what with one thing and another, I'll be taking a break from message boards. I'll stop by Candlekeep from time to time, but I won't be as prompt about answering questions as I have been these last few months.

Enjoy the summer, and I hope to see some of you at GenCon!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 81 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000