Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 To be framed, or not to be framed...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  17:23:48  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Treat this more as an idea then a request, but is there a possibility to make the Candlekeep forum a framed item on the Candlekeep main site? I have visited another forum recently, and they've embedded their forum in their website, along with an option to view it un-framed.

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  17:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When we first launched the forums it was loaded in the main frame of the site so that the menu bar and title bar were still available. However we changed this a few weeks later to have the forum launched in its own window and many said they prefered it that way.

What do you all think? which method do you prefer? Having both options isnt always feasable for particular links to the forum.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2002 :  17:42:04  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To illustrate a little more where my post came from; I was looking for the link to Alaundo's Library for the Winding Serpent item. It just took some more mouse-clicks and screen builds to get to the item. and then go back to the forum. (I personally prefer to have just one browser window open.)

Edited by - Mumadar Ibn Huzal on 30 Oct 2002 17:42:50
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2002 :  03:02:49  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

When we first launched the forums it was loaded in the main frame of the site so that the menu bar and title bar were still available. However we changed this a few weeks later to have the forum launched in its own window and many said they prefered it that way.

What do you all think? which method do you prefer? Having both options isnt always feasable for particular links to the forum.

I guess I would prefer a framed window, but I don't really mind the way it is now.
Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2002 :  04:35:56  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i prefer the way it is now, thus u shall not change it!!!!!!!!

lol just kidding ,but i do like it this way more.

out

"The man who does not read has little advantage over the man who cannot read."

Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2002 :  13:05:13  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really do not care if it's framed or not. The shortcut in my favorites brings me right here or there, just where I like to be.

I have no problem with either options.

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000