Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Minstrel's Corner
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  14:50:29  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In one of the topics in the general FR chat forum, two Faerunian bards have posted several songs.
Songs of the Realms: http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=137

quote:
Originally posted by Michael_Morris

Presented for your entertainment, the lyrics to several songs I have written that are set in the Realms. Many of these appear in my Realms net novel Flowers in the Wind...

And....
quote:
Originally posted by Frey

quote:

Of course you can use them in your game. And go ahead and post your own songs, why not?

Thanks. And here are a few of my 'songs'...

It might be nice to publish (with the author's approval) these songs on the Candlekeep website in a Minstrel's Corner or something like that.

Now to find some musically gifted that can actually write the music to these songs

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Aug 2004 11:42:36

Candlekeep Webmaster
Webmaster

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2002 :  17:32:59  Show Profile  Visit Candlekeep Webmaster's Homepage Send Candlekeep Webmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uncanny you should mention that Mumadar. We are in talks with Michael Morris who posted his songs of the Realms on this forum (the link of which you have listed in your initial post on this topic), and Michael has granted us permission to have his works (songs, poems and also novels) available on the site. (Thanks Michael ).

We have a site update coming up within the next week, containing many new items so please check back at the "Site Content" forum or the sites "Home" page or "Whats New" page for the announcement.

Jay
Candlekeep Webmaster

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2002 :  02:59:43  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

In one of the topics in the general FR chat forum, two Faerunian bards have posted several songs.
Songs of the Realms: http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=137

quote:

Presented for your entertainment, the lyrics to several songs I have written that are set in the Realms. Many of these appear in my Realms net novel Flowers in the Wind...

And....
quote:
Originally posted by Frey

quote:

Of course you can use them in your game. And go ahead and post your own songs, why not?

Thanks. And here are a few of my 'songs'...

It might be nice to publish (with the author's approval) these songs on the Candlekeep website in a Minstrel's Corner or something like that.

Now to find some musically gifted that can actually write the music to these songs

What about me I'm musically gifted!
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2002 :  07:23:22  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if you have any submissions, I'm sure that your works would be welcome in the Candlekeep collection.

Even if it's only a drum-solo for a marching band [j/k]
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2002 :  04:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, I don't only play drums. I also play ocarina and recorder(you probably don't know what those are). But anyway, maybe I will submit something. I could do a drumset solo.......
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2002 :  13:22:48  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you are really musical gifted Drummerboy. I once played the keyboard, but that is ages ago. I don't think I could make very much out of it anymore.

Only contribution I could give to this corner are some boring poems.... or maybe a song...

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2002 :  13:29:30  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Feel free to send them in Ditalidas! Im sure your poems wont be boring at all. Indeed if anyone has any of their own creative works then please send them for submission to the site and we will gladly host them for you with full credit. Send your entries (preferably in Word\RTF format) to library@candlekeep.com. We are planning a site update on Sunday (3 Nov) so if youre really quick, you could make it for then

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 01 Nov 2002 13:30:23
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2002 :  01:41:53  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ditalidas

Sounds like you are really musical gifted Drummerboy. I once played the keyboard, but that is ages ago. I don't think I could make very much out of it anymore.

Only contribution I could give to this corner are some boring poems.... or maybe a song...

Hey, I'm not that musically gifted...BTW, what is the keyboardIsn't that like an electric piano or something BTW, I can also play some keyboard instruments like bellset and marimba(you probably don't know what those are), but I have to admit that those instruments are not my forte. Hahaha...a musical joke Oh, who am I kidding None of you get that joke, do you(Sorry for the kind of way-off-topic post. The Forgotten Realms isn't really related to music at all.)Ok, I'll stop before you all die of boredom.
Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  09:04:00  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy465
(...) (you probably don't know what those are) (...) who am I kidding None of you get that joke, do you

Hmm, why should you think you're the only one who knows something about music?

But -I hope this is still within the topic- to tell the truth, I really had some difficulty with the name of one of the intruments you mention...
It's quite a while ago, but when 'Dark Side Of The Moon'* was released, I bought the album and couriously investigated all text on the cover. One of the intruments mentioned was the recorder. By the nature of their work I thought for a long time this ment to be a tape-recorder .
In time my enlish vocabulaire grew a little

Well, just as a silly annecdote inbetween.

In fact I'd welcome musical contributions to this site, as well as Ditalidas' boring poems

*) Don't have to mention the artist(s) of this work, do I?

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)

Edited by - Frey on 04 Nov 2002 09:09:56
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  05:47:42  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm not surprised that you're not the only one who had trouble with the word, "recorder." For any of you who don't know, it is an instrument somewhat similar to a flute(most people who don't know what a recorder is think it is a flute.) It is basically a tube that you hold in front of you with nine holes and you blow into it. Well, anyway, the reason I thought I was one of the few(if any) who knew about music was because this is a Forgotten Realms website, not a musical website.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000