Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Site Update (29-January-2004)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  20:04:30  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

It has fallen to me to inform you all of recent additions to the library.

1) Updated product pages with new cover art and details for Exile, Forsaken House, Extinction, Annihilation, Dawn of Night, Elminsters Daughter, Lady of Poison, Venom's Taste, Resurrection and Serpent Kingdoms.

2) Included two novels from the 'Fighter's Series' on the Novels page: Master of Chains and Son of Thunder.

3) Excellent new artwork by Julius Petilla in the Gallery of Faerun.

4) Yet another excellent resource of Forgotten Realms artifacts and magic items, by Erik Thornton, in the Travelers Notebooks section.

5) The next installment of Twisted Heritage, by Devan Smith is now available in the Campaign Logs section.

6) Review by Juan Basso for the 'Realms of Shadow' Anthology.

7) The head scribes of Candlekeep have issued a request for Realmslore, encouraging visitors to Candlekeep to submit their works to the library.

I hope you enjoy these new scrolls. To access these quickly and easily, see the Whats New and Home pages.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 29 Jan 2004 20:05:34

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  20:38:24  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, I have a HUGE document containing all things even remotely drow, but with all thats been going on, I'm not sure I can get it in any time soon. Please respond if you are interested, though.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  20:59:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

Alaundo, I have a HUGE document containing all things even remotely drow, but with all thats been going on, I'm not sure I can get it in any time soon. Please respond if you are interested, though.

Well met

Indeed, I am very much interested in this document you have, Shadowlord. Please scribe me a personal scroll containing additional information on its content.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  21:49:47  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, Oh mighty one. I shall send it over via etheral mail as soon as I can.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  22:11:04  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe if I ever get some free time I will cobble together some of my old 'Journals of a Mage' pieces, being parts of the journals of Edain Shadowstar. I used to take my campaign logs and turn them into journals, but I gave it up a while back simply because of time. If you're interested? I've also been working on some Waterdeep stuff right now, but it's not even remotely done, and I still have some submissions to the Fellaren-Krae Project I have been meaning to finish and submit.

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  23:01:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met,Edain Shadowstar

Thank ye for the offer of your journals, its always interesting to read of others adventures

Indeed it seems you have been quite busy with your Realmslore research, you have me intrigued and we will gladly take the time to take a look at your works.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  01:03:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also intend to send in to you Alaundo, some of the items and documents that I have been talking about in various scrolls lately. The other assembled scribes here at Candlekeep will know what I am talking about.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  01:59:46  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, I am very interested in one select scroll, but I guess I'll just have to wait....

Alaundo, my scroll on drow is almost complete, but not yet. I will send over a copy via etheral mail sometime tomorrow, or well, i don't know, in Sage's case, it is tommorow, but right now its 9:00 exactly in US East Coast.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:03:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually Shadowlord, I've had a considerable boost on that particular scroll, thanks mainly to a fellow scribes assistance. It should be ready very soon.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:15:36  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah ha! Excellent Sage, I knew I could count on you.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  09:47:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I also intend to send in to you Alaundo, some of the items and documents that I have been talking about in various scrolls lately. The other assembled scribes here at Candlekeep will know what I am talking about.

Well met

Ahhh, I certainly look forward to looking over these scrolls, Sage

As for your personal scroll containing your new portrait, it was never received. Please try again and ill keep any eye out.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  10:20:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Alaundo.

I now know for sure that my new email package is not working at all...

I'll try and send the image via Hotmail sometime next week.

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  14:07:09  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on some more Realmslore as we speak....

Oh, and I'm also working on my second novel....(project completion late October 2004)....Shall I send you snippets of that for possible publiction of the entire work? I dunno if you need a whole NOVEL on the site to slow things down, but I couldn't resist...

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

Edited by - Arion Elenim on 30 Jan 2004 14:08:57
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  15:44:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What type of Realmslore are you working on Arion...?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  19:33:00  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

Oh, and I'm also working on my second novel....(project completion late October 2004)....Shall I send you snippets of that for possible publiction of the entire work? I dunno if you need a whole NOVEL on the site to slow things down, but I couldn't resist...

Well met

Indeed this sounds excellent Arion Elenim. A number of works in the Campaign Logs room are ongoing. Thus, having chapters up for people to read as they are developed is fine. I look forward to receiving your penned works and hearing from you soon

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  20:25:38  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

A novel?!?!? I know not if anyone else is interested, but I for one, am. I would appretiate greatly a copy of said novel upon completion, if it is not too much trouble.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2004 :  23:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, my good gents and ladies...I am extremely flattered!

The work actually considers Faerun about three hundred years in her future.....so far it's in the planning stages, but I'll send the first four chapters before the next Candlekeep update!

Again, wow!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  04:34:25  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The work actually considers Faerun about three hundred years in her future.....

Now that would be verryyyy interesting to read.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  20:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow, my good gents and ladies...I am extremely flattered!

The work actually considers Faerun about three hundred years in her future.....so far it's in the planning stages, but I'll send the first four chapters before the next Candlekeep update!

Again, wow!

Nay, be not flattered, bard. You deserve credit.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  03:28:36  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aww...you guys....

Alaundo...when is the next update going to come around so I can have a timetable?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  09:04:30  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Aww...you guys....

Alaundo...when is the next update going to come around so I can have a timetable?

Well met

Hmmmmm, I'm aiming for about two tendays time, Arion Elenim. Please send me a personal scroll to discuss further. Thank ye.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly