Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Richard Lee Byers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  01:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if anyone had any information on what FR materials Rich is working on now. I'm a fan of his work, and was just wondering if he had anything up and coming planned.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.

CurseLord
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  01:44:53  Show Profile  Visit CurseLord's Homepage Send CurseLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is working on The Rage. Which should be out in April. http://www.candlekeep.com/bookshelf/novels/96536.htm
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  01:55:13  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, yes, the rage of dragons. But is there anything else?

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  03:43:33  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeez, Shadowlord, cut me a little slack. The Year of Rogue Dragons (of which The Rage is Book One) is an epic trilogy. These beasts take some time to crank out, you know?
But even so, I'll also have FR stories in Realms of the Dragons, and the June issue of Dragon Magazine. Both of those tie in to the trilogy.
Outside the FR, if anyone's interested, I've done a story for Children of the Rune, an anthology set in Monte Cook's Diamond Throne universe, and Fairy Tails, an anthology of fantasy stories about cats. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when either of those is coming out. In 2004, I hope.
By the way, thanks for saying you like my stuff. I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  04:23:34  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*chuckle*

What!! You mean you havent been hit up yet to write a novel in the SW universe Rich?

Im seriously begining to think that George poaches FR authors, Elaine, RAS, Voronica..............

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  14:27:34  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish George would poach me, then. Those books make big money for the authors. But so far, no.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  16:05:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I wish George would poach me, then. Those books make big money for the authors. But so far, no.

They pay you to write!!???? You don't do it just to entertain us masses?

Seriously, it does seem that many of the writers from the FR line end up doing work for the Star Wars' novel line.

quote:
Outside the FR, if anyone's interested, I've done a story for Children of the Rune, an anthology set in Monte Cook's Diamond Throne universe, and Fairy Tails, an anthology of fantasy stories about cats. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when either of those is coming out. In 2004, I hope

Cats? Interesting. Is the Monte Cook anthology the one he has Ed Greenwood writing for as well? Monte Cook does an excellent job promoting Malhavoc Press releases.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  16:21:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. A dragon book. Finally, something interesting.

As for Fairy Tails, I think I'll have to look into that. This is one dragon that has a soft spot for cats.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  17:12:22  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, but I don't know if Ed's got a story in Children of the Rune. When an editor invites you to contribute to one of these projects, he (or she) doesn't ordinarily tell you who else is contributing.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  17:32:04  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes could you give us some clues about what it is about and is it about the Cult of dragons to and what is the story line ?
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  18:28:14  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please sift through the "Which FR Authors Have Migrated to these Boards?" topic, Cyric. I posted info about "The Year of Rogue Dragons" there.
I'll warn you that I didn't post much. I have an aversion to giving away the surprises in a story before it's even published. Sorry about that. But I think readers are more likely to enjoy the story if the writer didn't spoil it for them in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  19:51:54  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm sorry, but I don't know if Ed's got a story in Children of the Rune. When an editor invites you to contribute to one of these projects, he (or she) doesn't ordinarily tell you who else is contributing.

Don't mean to hijack your personal thread here, Richard, but yes, that's the one with Ed's short story. I'll be writing one for it, too. In fact, if you want to read more about the anthology, click >> here. <<

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  19:53:24  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll warn you that I didn't post much. I have an aversion to giving away the surprises in a story before it's even published. Sorry about that. But I think readers are more likely to enjoy the story if the writer didn't spoil it for them in advance.

What?!?! They didn't say anything about that in the WotC Handbook for New Authors! And I was about to post my outline for MoP. Phew! I'm glad I read your post first.

*waits for kick in the pants from veteran writer for being a smart alec*

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  00:26:26  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Jeez, Shadowlord, cut me a little slack. The Year of Rogue Dragons (of which The Rage is Book One) is an epic trilogy. These beasts take some time to crank out, you know?
But even so, I'll also have FR stories in Realms of the Dragons, and the June issue of Dragon Magazine. Both of those tie in to the trilogy.
Outside the FR, if anyone's interested, I've done a story for Children of the Rune, an anthology set in Monte Cook's Diamond Throne universe, and Fairy Tails, an anthology of fantasy stories about cats. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when either of those is coming out. In 2004, I hope.
By the way, thanks for saying you like my stuff. I appreciate it.

Oh, I understand completely. Dragon stories are VERY tough to crack, perhaps even more so than those terrible eggs from Stop and Shop.
And liking your work just comes naturally. I love what you did in the WotSQ, and if you keep writing like that, you have a lifelong fan.......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  04:39:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

*chuckle*

Rich doesnt know that Lucas sends the Authors to Kessel to write there novels, and their not allowed to leave until their finished :)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000