Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Sembia (*slight spoiler*)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Signal-9
Acolyte

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  03:17:26  Show Profile  Visit Signal-9's Homepage Send Signal-9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello!

without giving away anything, I tried to lookup what a Gnasher looks like, but on the Wizards.com website they do not have a picture or a stat sheet about them! Are they only used in the sembia series?

Thanks !

"Dont make him come near me, Tanis !. I assure you. I am capable of this, truly. What i have sought all my life is within my grasp. I will let nothing stop me. Look at Caramon's face, Tanis ! He Knows ! I kiled him once. I can do it again..."
- Raistlin (Dragons of Spring Dawning)

Adrian Moonbow
Seeker

Denmark
64 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  08:10:10  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Moonbow's Homepage Send Adrian Moonbow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Signal-9

Hello!

without giving away anything, I tried to lookup what a Gnasher looks like, but on the Wizards.com website they do not have a picture or a stat sheet about them! Are they only used in the sembia series?

Thanks !

Remind me again, what novel do they feature in? I can't remember anything about any gnasher...

"I would have wanted not to die.
I would have wanted never to grow up!"
-Quidam
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  08:22:31  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is a gnasher? I don't recall seeing one anywhere in the Sembia series, either, but it's been a while since I last read it.
Go to Top of Page

Signal-9
Acolyte

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  17:15:33  Show Profile  Visit Signal-9's Homepage Send Signal-9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is precisely my question as well !,

they appear in the very first book of the series... actually they appear about 105 pages into it.

*SPOILER*
(highlight below to see it)

Tamlin, Escevar and Vox, are travelling through the park and are attacked by a bunch of crazy dogs with wings! Vox kills a hillman and finds out that these must be the people behind it.

Zarrin Foxmantle is also attacked by these gnashers and tells Tamlin about it at their meeting. During the meeting they are attacked by the Gnashers again! (dogs with wings). Zarrin Specifically calls them Gnashers, but tamlin and his party have no clue what they are.

Later that night, tamlin goes looking for Zarrin again but cannot find her. They soon head to the Wizards Guild to find out more about the hillman and the coins they found. Three of the Wizards from the Guild help Tamlin and his party find the coins. Soon they end up at a house across from the Hulorns Estate. This estate is where Zarrin was kidnapped and the Hillman are camping with their Gnashers.

* End of spoiler *

I would just like to see a picture of a Gnasher or its stats. Please do not tell me anything relating to the plot line.

Thanks !

"Dont make him come near me, Tanis !. I assure you. I am capable of this, truly. What i have sought all my life is within my grasp. I will let nothing stop me. Look at Caramon's face, Tanis ! He Knows ! I kiled him once. I can do it again..."

Edited by - Signal-9 on 28 Jan 2004 17:19:42
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  18:33:04  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What an great way to hide a spoiler!!

Thanks for the info, Signal-9

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Signal-9
Acolyte

Canada
37 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  02:25:16  Show Profile  Visit Signal-9's Homepage Send Signal-9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Np Rad.

I guess the Gnasher wasnt a popular monster then...

Ah well, Ill just picture my dash-hound with wings !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000