Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The return of everyone's least favorite elf...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  05:52:29  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
I would deem it improbable, but not impossible for a drow/avariel baby to have dark skin/wings.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.

Edited by - Shadowlord on 04 Feb 2004 06:03:30
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  06:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
You could always fudge it by saying the conception took place during the Time of Troubles. There are all sorts of strange things still hanging around from that time.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  21:03:49  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Thanks for that Ezindir, that helps alot.

Actually if you are interested, this player I was talking about may contact you via ethereal mail to ask some questions about your character. I can't believe how interested she has become over this...

Oh well...

If she wants too contackt me, its alrigth.
How did she find out anyway, is she familiar with this forum or havew you just told her about my charackter?

She's a semi-regular scribe here in the library...

Bookwyrm said -
quote:
I already told you, Dracandos.

As for location, I cite Evermeet: Island of Elves, a 2e resource I've forgotten, and being reminded myself here on Candlekeep months ago.

Perhaps Sage can shed some light on this?
Here's what I can remember, without access to my books -

Of the known subraces of elves in the Realms, cross-breeding is possible between all of them. However, the offspring from a crossbreed pair of elves will either take after the male or female parent's race (what this means is, it is highly likely that there would be drow-moon elf mongrels, and a child that is the result of such a union would most likely have either all the traits of a Drow, or of a Moon Elf).

Sage: Why dident she just contact me? And I think that much info can be found on my profile.
I have taken mostly from my father, but still, I look like a avariel too. Am I an Avariel or am I a drow?

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2004 :  01:33:57  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
You are whatever you consider yourself to be. Let no one tell you otherwise.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2004 :  09:27:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Ezindir, she'll be sending you an email regarding your character shortly...I didn't know that she hadn't sent it already.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2004 :  15:42:57  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

You are whatever you consider yourself to be. Let no one tell you otherwise.

Thanks Shade!!
I'l just let it stand that I am a Avariel/Drow.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 05 Feb 2004 15:43:53
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page