Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The return of everyone's least favorite elf...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  21:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message
Oh, Ezrindir, worry not. As long as I (a bard of no small amount of philosophy on the harmony of races) have an ounce of sway, no one shall be made into anything even REMOTELY tasting like chicken...

....Maybe some nice curry or something...but DEFINITELY NOT chicken....

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2004 :  21:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
Well thats an realife, I tend too get clastrophobia in those owens, not that they do acctually hurt me physicly.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  00:41:15  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Me as a faerie??? Ahhh, wake me up from the nightmare!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Lady_Silverwing
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  01:47:30  Show Profile  Visit Lady_Silverwing's Homepage Send Lady_Silverwing a Private Message
**raises an eyebrow** Eh? So then what does a half elf taste like? Half- chicken? What's the other half then? Beef?

[ooc] Meh, BTW Shadowlord, no hard feelings. [/ooc]

-Ryissa Silverwing
Wanna roleplay? Join the crew at..:
Sandhrune's D&D Board (Munchkin Policy: let the crucifixion begin! <= With a policy like that, how can you resist?) Join the adventures today!

Edited by - Lady_Silverwing on 29 Jan 2004 01:49:02
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  02:24:22  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message
wings or not Ezindir, ill get u 2! lol jk

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  02:35:27  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
///OOC: Indeed, Lady Silverwing, Tis a fine art called acting that is reknown throughout the planes! I too was only jesting:OOC///

Mayhaps it tastes like half-quality chicken.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  22:52:00  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

I am beginning too be a little scared here, as I do have wings and are a drow.

How can you have wings and be a drow? Are you a half-dragon or something?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  22:57:27  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message
Check out his profile, good Wyrm.

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  01:19:47  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Bookwyrm, hes half-avariel, half-drow. It's elementary, my dear Watson. (Sorry, but I never said that line before.....)

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:37:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

quote:

I am beginning too be a little scared here, as I do have wings and are a drow.

How can you have wings and be a drow? Are you a half-dragon or something?

Hmmm...a very interesting, and very unique union.

How, may I ask, is such a combination even possible, given the general worth of Drow traits...?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:41:35  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Drow male could have been follower of Eilistraee. Avariel female could have been exiled, and wanted offspring. Drow Vhaeraunite "forces himself" upon the avariel. There are plenty of reasons for such a union.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:25:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Ah I see, although such a situation does seem highly unlikely...

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:29:00  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
True, but one never knows what insane situations can happen in the Realms..... Actually, I kind of agree with you. The odds would be better if you bet that Halaster Blackcloak would become a sun elf within a tenday.......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  07:36:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
What are we talking about in terms of physical appearance then?. Given that half-drow offspring already have some pretty unusual traits, what does your half-avariel, half-drow PC look like Ezindir?.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  19:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Ah Sage, I can answer that for you. His skin is a pallid gray tone, and he has wings sprouting out of his back. He carries himself with the fey grace of the elves, and is a follower of my deity Vhaeraun, though I'm sure he could tell you more.......

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  03:35:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Indeed...Ezindir, my friend...where are you...?

It seems your character has sparked the interest of one of my players, so she's asked me to find out about his exact appearance. I think she intends to play a half-avariel/half-drow.

Edited by - The Sage on 01 Feb 2004 12:58:43
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  10:28:07  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Indeed...Ezindir, my friend...where are you...?

It seems your character has sparked the interest of one of my players, so he's asked me to find out about his exact appearance. I think he intends to play a half-avariel/half-drow.

Thats Nice!
As for the appearance, do you mean in NwN or as I would like him o look, they are very close anyway. In NwN he lookes like a drow, skin not as dark tought, and with angel wings.He are gennerally the same as I want him too be, only the closes is diffrent.
And I know his story are a little "thin" but I wanted too be a Avariel/Drow and dident have the time too figure out the missing part in the story. But feel free too come with suggestions tought.

- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 01 Feb 2004 10:32:38
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  12:57:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Thanks for that Ezindir, that helps alot.

Actually if you are interested, this player I was talking about may contact you via ethereal mail to ask some questions about your character. I can't believe how interested she has become over this...

Oh well...

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  16:00:00  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Hehe, Ezindir my friend, you've started something........

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2004 :  20:37:47  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
quote:

Actually if you are interested, this player I was talking about may contact you via ethereal mail to ask some questions about your character. I can't believe how interested she has become over this...

Oh well...

If she wants too contackt me, its alrigth.
How did she find out anyway, is she familiar with this forum or havew you just told her about my charackter?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  18:29:33  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
Now I have changed my Biography so that it is more likely.
You should take a look I think.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  19:40:07  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I forgot which scroll this was in, and kept skipping over this one.

According to all the official information I've seen, it's impossible to have a half-elf/half-elf. It's always one or the other. It's the same for any other race with subraces.

It makes sense, after all -- otherwise, there would be a lot more mixes. I suppose you could have had magic make a difference somehow, but this shouldn't happen naturally.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  20:57:11  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
I don't see why it couldn't, Bookwyrm. A if a drow and a human could mate, then why can't a drow and a faerie elf mate? It makes perfect sense to me.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  21:09:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
I didn't say they couldn't mate, or that they couldn't have kids. It's just that if two subraces of the same race have a kid, then the kid is one subrace or the other, not half-and-half.

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  21:38:20  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
He can have traits from each, though I'm not sure whether Ezindir considers himself drow or avariel, or maybe just multi-bred..... (no offense meant, for those who would take offense at so trivial a sentence....)

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  22:10:47  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message
I did grow up with the Avariels, and I do have wings so I consider myself mostly Avariel, but the drow vein are in me too.
Bookwyrm: Care too tell me where you found this info?
And why? Why must I be pure Avariel or Pure drow? I can be an Avariel with drow in my veins, right?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  22:13:44  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message
Correct. I believe Bookwyrm is saying that you should be called just an elf, not a Half-drow/Half-Avariel.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  00:09:38  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message
aye y couldnt the progeny be half and half? y would it have 2 be 1 or the other. ex. humans and elves form half elves

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  05:32:50  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message
I already told you, Dracandos.

As for location, I cite Evermeet: Island of Elves, a 2e resource I've forgotten, and being reminded myself here on Candlekeep months ago.

Perhaps Sage can shed some light on this?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2004 :  05:47:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Oh well...

If she wants too contackt me, its alrigth.
How did she find out anyway, is she familiar with this forum or havew you just told her about my charackter?

She's a semi-regular scribe here in the library...

Bookwyrm said -
quote:
I already told you, Dracandos.

As for location, I cite Evermeet: Island of Elves, a 2e resource I've forgotten, and being reminded myself here on Candlekeep months ago.

Perhaps Sage can shed some light on this?
Here's what I can remember, without access to my books -

Of the known subraces of elves in the Realms, cross-breeding is possible between all of them. However, the offspring from a crossbreed pair of elves will either take after the male or female parent's race (what this means is, it is highly likely that there would be drow-moon elf mongrels, and a child that is the result of such a union would most likely have either all the traits of a Drow, or of a Moon Elf).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000